Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hypothetical question concerning Minelab

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hypothetical question concerning Minelab
February 06, 2015 03:39AM
Would like to hear folks comments on, "If BBS, FBS, or FBS2 would have never been discovered/engineered/applied to metal detectors", how much more silver coinage/jewelry would remain today in the ground in the USA??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 03:46AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Hypothetical question concerning Minelab
February 06, 2015 03:47AM
Hi,,,,There is what there is left.....A much better question would of been....How much more silver would still be in the ground if JJ never ran a detector at all?.....I'm sure the answer would be probably be an eye opener....JJ.......
February 06, 2015 04:13AM
I'll chime in........ ML's do a great job in semi open ground let's say, most would call it trashy. Once you get to a certain amount of iron it shuts the machines down virtually nulling. That became very obvious to me on a freshwater beach a couple of years ago. They was a 100 by 200 ft stretch that I just could not get anything off of per the iron and black sand, it would shut down the GT, ETrac and even the Excal II. Every now and then something would crackle through for me to find. Almost black red clay was just a few inches under the sand too. I ran the Deus over it and it was unreal the amount of coins and jewelry that was there that those machines couldn't see. So I'm inclined to think very high mineralized places and iron places still have a lot of silver.
February 06, 2015 04:49AM
Great question. Alot got removed during the first decade of the 2000's when the exploders were king for sure. Alot of CW relics got removed too as the bad dirt and emi problems many had w/the dmc's, blue and grays, and 1266's everyone ran were mitagated. In addition the FBS units were some of the first to utilize DD coils in many areas.

I dont subscribe to the FBS units being as useless in trash as everyone makes them out to be. Most folks simply arent using them to theyre full potential. Conductive sounds and discrimation hinder these machines in iron. You have to open them up and run ferrous. Repeatable high/mid tone = non ferrous and possibly good target. You can open the screen, lay 6 nails down a few inches apart and bang bang bang on them without nulling. Its not for the
faint of heart and can be fatigueing, but you get a blendy audio that speaks to the trained ear. Good Lord as my witness I pulled a spencer case this evening at 11" in an area with many nails.
February 06, 2015 05:19AM
deadlift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont subscribe to the FBS units being as useless
> in trash as everyone makes them out to be. Most
> folks simply arent using them to theyre full
> potential.

I totally agree. Hunt with some friends that use Explorer2, Etrac, etc. they are very proficient with the ML machines, and in old adobe iron infested sites they do as well, if not better then my F75 does.
February 06, 2015 03:26PM
Imagine Minelab has unearthed lots of silver but so has the other brands so don't have a prayer....and even the most learned could only give a guesstimate.....