Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

misleading advertising at White's Electronics

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
misleading advertising at White's Electronics
February 06, 2015 05:40AM
Did anyone else get, or have you seen, the misleading ad from White's advertising (in large print) the TRX pinpointer for $99.99 (from $159.99)?
Oh, and in real small (hard to read) print "$99.95 with purchase of Coin GT and up."

I replied to them using their web form and raised issue with their misleading/false advertising and told them if the TRX is on sale for $99.95, I want one! But I don't want to have to purchase anything else to get that price.
I told them the ad more truthfully ought to say "Buy a detector and get a TRX for $99.95."

I further suggested to them that they have harmed their reputation and name, and that they should change the ad and actually offer the TRX for $99.95, by itself, if only for a short time, to make amends for their misleading advertising.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: misleading advertising at White's Electronics
February 06, 2015 06:37AM
I have one that is barely used. I will sell it to you for $90 shipped if you want it. Win/win for both of us.
February 06, 2015 01:01PM
I seen their ad and didn't have any problem figuring out I had to buy something to get the TRX pinpointer for $99.95. I have seen ads like this many times from other companies, "if you buy this for x amount of dollars you get something else at a cheaper price"

ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did anyone else get, or have you seen, the
> misleading ad from White's advertising (in large
> print) the TRX pinpointer for $99.99 (from
> $159.99)?
> Oh, and in real small (hard to read) print "$99.95
> with purchase of Coin GT and up."
>
> I replied to them using their web form and raised
> issue with their misleading/false advertising and
> told them if the TRX is on sale for $99.95, I want
> one! But I don't want to have to purchase anything
> else to get that price.
> I told them the ad more truthfully ought to say
> "Buy a detector and get a TRX for $99.95."
>
> I further suggested to them that they have harmed
> their reputation and name, and that they should
> change the ad and actually offer the TRX for
> $99.95, by itself, if only for a short time, to
> make amends for their misleading advertising.
February 06, 2015 03:16PM
Common practice in advertising is all...Have to read the fine print in this mans world unfortunately no matter what you buy....We all know Whites is certainly one of the better detecting outfits out there...
February 06, 2015 03:39PM
paul7194 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I have seen ads like this
> many times from other companies, "if you buy this
> for x amount of dollars you get something else at
> a cheaper price"

EXACTLY! And that is not what this ad says! Thanks for making my point!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 06, 2015 03:40PM
{Have to read the fine print in this mans world unfortunately}

Yep. Every ad you ever see on TV or in print is someone hawking something and trying to make it sound more appealing than it would otherwise be. No sense singling out one of them....... folks hawking their wares tend to stretch it a little....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 03:44PM by BHMACK.
February 06, 2015 04:23PM
Whites got it wrong

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 06, 2015 05:03PM
Just remember nothing sold is free. I can't stand all the mumbo jumbo Big K throws in and around with detector packages. My eyes get crossed at times. Lot of trickery used in marketing/sales by many. The BOGO detector thingy is bs too IMO. Why not just take some of the $$$$ off the detector I'm purchasing in lieu of BOGO detector. I guess the ole saying "money makes the world go around still holds".
February 06, 2015 05:09PM
I dont think so Lowboy.

Whites have been the leader in US detector manufacturing for a long time.

And they have a lot, a LOT, of patents to prove it.

There is however competition coming into the US market that have none.

The technology is coming from bright brains whatever there name is

So where in the world would you expect new development to come from and not copycat circuitry ?

US, Australia, UK - Russia, France, Bulgaria, Turkey, China

February 06, 2015 09:17PM
Is this a trick question? I have one of those French boxes (XP) and I am darn impressed. I am pretty sure they are leading edge. It may be presumptuous to think we have a monopoly on tech and smarts. If that was what you were saying. Not many of us have been to these countries, so it is kind of a leap in the dark to bag on them. I am as pro USA as anyone, but we have lost ground and the rest of the world is gaining on us fast. And some were not far behind! IMHO

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie