Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Been running the F75LTD2 comparing.....

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Been running the F75LTD2 comparing.....
February 07, 2015 01:58AM
with XP deus. Both my Deus units each with 9 and 11" coils bust a 10" in ground nickel loud and clear. F75LTD2 shows 4 bars, and for those interested the Deus meter reads half screen to 1 more dot above center. The F75LTD hits the 10" nickel at 99 sens, 2F tones BP 9.0 0 disc. Go to 9.1 same settings gets iron tone. But I will tell you, very sweep speed sensitive and coil placement (center) crucial. With Deus keeping silencer setting at -1, it will bang the nickel with reactivity levels 0,1, and 2. The tone at level 2 setting is shorter but very good and intelligent. Level 3=no go. And at reactivity setting levels of 0 and 1 coil placement very forgiving, more critical at level 2 but not as critical as F75LTD2. Of course Deus IDs of 98/99.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 02:03AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Been running the F75LTD2 comparing.....
February 07, 2015 02:47AM
How does the F75 LTD2 hit that nickel with all settings equal in 9.0 mode, cept set to 3H tones?
February 07, 2015 02:53AM
Cal Cobra,
I'm not sure of your question.
February 07, 2015 02:55AM
Translation please...
February 07, 2015 03:10AM
I noticed that same thing about the F75SE ver 2 coil placement!!! It had to be centered directly over the target to hear my 8 inch bullet or else it would report it.
February 07, 2015 03:22AM
If you're asking about 3H tone, I didn't try it. Also VDI #s all over the place on unit while sweeping nickel. I checked several other places in a 30 ft radius of 10" nickel checking ground mineral levels. F75 would go consistently to 4 bars, no flashes to 5 ever. Also F75's iron meter seems to come in a lot faster than Deus'. The deus takes it seems several additional pumps of the coil to get a good reading on iron meter.
As far as sweeping nickel, if you had coil a smidge off center a mix of iron and high tones(more iron tones actually). And the same with too fast or too slow a sweep. I try and approach target with life like scenario of sweeping. It gets dicey. If in the field with say 3-4 bars using F75LTD2 and say you are field hunting, you'd better investigate iron tones. Meaning center the coil and vary sweep, and probably pinpoint for depth. If you see 9 plus inches, watch out. I did go to all metal 9.0, BP sens 99. Got good sound and steadier numbers on screen. My soil is harder than I thought. This 4 bar soil is at roughly 750 ft altitude, there's loads of higher terrain at 900-1000 and I believe it may be 5 bars. I say this because Etrac and CTX running in auto track, tracks around 27, at the higher terrain more like 14-17. Now I know why I found what I found at 9 plus inches deep with etrac and CTX. And I didn't realize how the Deus meter readings equated to F75 bar readings. I had loaned my F75 to a gent and never used it really (noise factor). So got it back and I had it upgraded. And it seems my upgraded unit is "proper". Something else worth mentioning is, I consider the XP Deus tops when hunting in plowed or tilled soil. But to be fair I haven't checked my FORS CoRe unit. It may be equally as good, and so might the mighty Racer. Don't have one of those though.