Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Decisions Decisions

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Decisions Decisions
February 07, 2015 03:26AM
Ok - looks like the Racer is ready for prime time. Not sure if there are any deals to be had but even at full retail $650 is not to bad.

But wait I stumbled across a Whites MXT 300 with Sunray probe I can get for $450 before any haggling - she looks like a garage queen from the pictures and it is a local buy. So 650 for new unit with warranty or buy from a local guy and get a tried and true unit.

But wait - I found an XP Deus with 9 inch coil wireless headphones and controller and silicone cover for about $1100. I have been really intrigued by the Deus this would be my chance to see how she swings for a pretty good discount over new.

Fast and New, tried and true, or Expensive but very cool. Decisions Decisions

One more point, does $650 dollars buy that much more performance, is the XP Deus leaps and bounds better then an MXT when hunting Silver in City parks. That's the million dollar question.

I guess I better watch Keith's post on the Racer, may be very enlightening.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
Re: Decisions Decisions
February 07, 2015 03:41AM
FOR ME I HAVE THE DEUS AND JUST DID A HUNT AT A PLANTION AND CIVIL WAR BATTLE IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND THAT DETECTOR WAS DEEEEEEEP. MINI BALL AT 12 INCHES FLAT BUTTONS
9-13 INCHES. THAT IS DEEP AND THIS MACHINE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH IRON. IN FACT SOME OF MY BEST FINDS WERE IRON...I ON THE OTHER HAND WANT FOR MY DEUS THE FORS CORE AND MAYBE THE RACER. FORGET THE OLD STUFF THESE MACHINES ARE NOT USA AND I THINK THEY ARE BETTER. THE RACER HOW CAN THEY MAKE A GREAT DETECTOR FOR $650.00? I THINK IT MAYBE SCALED DOWN. I WANT A DEEP SMALL COIL IRON UNMASKING A FAST RECOVERY AND IRON VOL...YES LETS SEE HOW KEITH DOES.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 07, 2015 04:02AM
I will answer, yes IMO the Deus is worth the extra dough over MXT and I'll explain. Deus will be livelier on silver. I fully expect XP to release update in coming few months. And I believe this upgrade will allow users to operate in the 4khz freq with any setting TX Power, currently it's restricted to a level 3 (hard on battery IMO), level 2 will suffice. As far as mineralized ground using discrimination Deus trumps MXT. Deus trumps my V3i too even though V3i possesses the 2.5 khz freq. The audio on Deus tops MXT in and around iron. At unmasking no contest, Deus clear winner over MXT. For ergonomics/weight Deus clear winner. The all metal mode on deus is hard to keep in tune. This MXT you're looking at not a MXT pro??
And if Racer equals or trumps FORS CoRe unit the Racer IMO will be better choice than MXT. And don't believe me go to FM NOKTA/Makro section, and read some of Monte's post and look where he put his MXT as it relates to FORS Core unit.
February 07, 2015 04:13AM
While I have no doubt that either of those choices will find silver, I'd recommend a minelab over any of the above choices for silver in city parks.
February 07, 2015 04:31AM
I have a deus,and its bevome my main detector. If your hitting parks,I would go with something else.
February 07, 2015 04:43AM
Ferrous Bueller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While I have no doubt that either of those choices
> will find silver, I'd recommend a minelab over any
> of the above choices for silver in city parks.

2xs that
February 07, 2015 05:31AM
3x that. But didnt she already have a Safari? Cant beat a minelab for turf silver.
February 07, 2015 11:33AM
After watching Keiths Video - That Racer is looking pretty nice. I think they have a home run - now get the standard or pro pack. Looks very hard to not like. Unless Whites revents Detecting with pulse/vlf/constant current detectors. I think I may be calling some dealers on that Racer.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
February 07, 2015 07:28PM
After watching Keiths Video - That Racer is looking pretty nice. I think they have a home run - now get the standard or pro pack. Looks very hard to not like. Unless Whites revents Detecting with pulse/vlf/constant current detectors. I think I may be calling some dealers on that Racer.

Bryanna - Nebraska

February 07, 2015 08:33PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
>THE RACER HOW CAN THEY MAKE A GREAT
> DETECTOR FOR $650.00? I THINK IT MAYBE SCALED
> DOWN. I WANT A DEEP SMALL COIL IRON UNMASKING A
> FAST RECOVERY AND IRON VOL...YES LETS SEE HOW
> KEITH DOES.

Keith posted that the Racer is in fact hotter/deeper then the Core, that sounds promising....I might just pick one up, but need to see how it does on deep silver first.
February 07, 2015 09:40PM
Ferrous Bueller Wrote:
> While I have no doubt that either of those choices
> will find silver, I'd recommend a minelab over any
> of the above choices for silver in city parks.

I'll second that, used Etrac (to save $). FBS simply is magic for old (hunted out) park silver...
February 08, 2015 12:16AM
Your call...but feel the serious detectorist has several machines and a variety of acc. searchcoils to cover all bases...
February 08, 2015 02:40AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Your call...but feel the serious detectorist has
> several machines and a variety of acc. searchcoils
> to cover all bases...

Your right - I always thought when I read posts about someone buying a new detector and finding stuff in a previously hunted out location, that the results would be the same no matter which detector came first the second one would find something the first one did not. Varitity is the spice of life.

Bryanna - Nebraska

February 08, 2015 02:49AM
Hi Bryanna,,,,,I would proceed with caution and choose wisely.....Spending more money does not necessarily mean better or spell success....JJ
February 08, 2015 04:17AM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
> Hi Bryanna,,,,,I would proceed with caution and
> choose wisely.....Spending more money does not
> necessarily mean better or spell success....JJ

Will do - no rush

Bryanna - Nebraska