Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Racer Field Test

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Re: Makro Racer Field Test
February 10, 2015 02:45AM
I am thinking if you were to match up an F70 to the racer the F70 would probably be the better deal if performace in close. The F70 offers more tone options and notch discrimination for the coin hunters.
February 10, 2015 03:23AM
But bill you hate the f70... I love it, great machine.
February 10, 2015 04:30AM
For the price range of the Racer, and the fact that it will run close to the F75SE (with 5 inch coil and with 11 inch coil, if I read NasaTom's report correctly) then I would indeed gain some depth over my G2 or F19. I just hope that their release date STAYS in the latter part of February and doesn't get bumped on out towards the spring. Right now is the right time for relic hunting in my neck of the woods. I'm kind of excited about getting one.
My main concern is 'unit to unit' quality. I'd hate to have to buy one and get an anemic one. I need one with rocket boosters on it! To go where no man's gone before! Everyone have a great week. And Macro........HURRY! Turkey season is approaching and that will shut down alot of my hunting land until late spring and the subsequent hot, dry months that lay ahead......when the dirt becomes as hard as concrete. (Just rambling here) But it's worth saying: Thanks NasaTom for your reports in this thread!!! This thread should be 'bookmarked'. In fact, I just bookmarked it. Happy Hunting guys and gals!!!!!
February 10, 2015 05:59AM
My dealer in Finland said, that there a are few Makro racers arriving to him in this week, so i may get to play with the one i ordered to myself in the next week. grinning smiley Shame there is so much snow in my country at the moment, so the actual field testing will have to wait for about 2-3 months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 06:01AM by Etsija82.
February 10, 2015 02:46PM
Isn't there anything we can do to hurry global warming? I just checked and it will not be above 80 here until tomorrow and in a week it will be back in the mid 60s!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 10, 2015 02:50PM
Don't know about the global warming. But the folks in and around Boston I feel for. And just think they are more than likely are going to experience some serious flooding even when it stops snowing and warms up.
February 10, 2015 03:24PM
Don't rub it in Pasttom.
February 10, 2015 03:56PM
More data:

Clad dime in Florida inert dirt.

11" DD coil & all-metal = 11.4"
11" DD coil & 2-Tone = 11.4"
11" DD coil & 3-Tone = 8.4"

This is with a Sens of '99'.

-------------------------------------------------------------

With a Sens of '98' (all the way down to a Sens of '65')

11" DD coil & all-metal = 11.1"
11" DD coil & 2-Tone = 11.1"
11" DD coil & 3-Tone = 8.3"

With a Sens of '65'........depth of detection is unaffected; yet, the audio becomes more modulated. At a Sens of '98'...... the deep dime sounds loud/shallow.

* There is a exceptionally noticeable performance gain .... when switching from a Sens of '98' to a Sens of '99'. Genuinely appears to be some form of 'boost process'.

* Cycling through all 5 of the EMI mitigation Freq Shift options ..... induces very little performance loss....... much less than owners manual implicates.

* Racer Fast-Grabs/Ground-Grabs in identical fashion (including the exact same VDI numbers)...... as F75 platform.

* Whilst in 2-Tone mode....... the fringe/last 2.0" depth-of-detection ..... produces no VDI/ID. If you are not looking at the VDI display...... you would never notice any (lack of ID) issues........ as the audio is very clear/positive/pronounced.

* While in All-Metal mode....... only the last 0.8" of fringe detection range....... produces no VDI/ID.

* All of the above tests were performed with a Disc (ID Filter) setting of '1'. Increasing the ID Filter setting up to 24......... and only a 0.1" overall depth loss incurred. This is mostly due to 'deep target audio report' being 'clipped'.

* At this (somewhat premature) point........ I'm uncertain if a Sens setting of '99' is real-world usable ...... due to most sites being too EMI inducing/susceptible.

* 5" DD coil follows/parallels/tracks in concert with all of the above data........ just simply at a slightly reduced overall depth.

* As with a CZ......... the Grnd Balance settings has minimal effect on high-conductive targets..... in low-mineral dirt.
February 10, 2015 04:16PM
I too can't find anywhere to use 99 sens. Tom..

these machine ground bal like a American machine.....the Velox and Cf ground bal like a GMP DTVG..

yes the freq shift does not cause poor performance if you re ground bal after each change..

and yes no real world gains with zero disc vs the factory 10...I like 10 mostly since it quietens the ground mineral grunt down..

Keith
February 10, 2015 04:18PM
The depth difference between DI2 and DI3 decreases as ground mineralization increases, but DI2 still has the edge.
February 10, 2015 04:47PM
Seems the CoRe unit is the same or very close.
Keith, right on, 97 is as high as I have been able to run on CoRe unit.
And my 10 inch nickel in 4 bar soil. DI2 vs DI3 very little difference in audio quality. Actually DI3 sounds a tad better (EMI???).
February 10, 2015 05:00PM
Hi,,,thanks again Tom,,I'm understanding this machine more & more with the intake of the data you have been supplying me with....This unit seems to be a clad coin & relic machine and is definitely geared towards a relic hunter....I'm not questioning your intelligence or the data that you are suppling but perhaps I'm not reading between the lines correctly?.... Could you please elaborate more on this::::In the first part of your report you indicate a variance of 15% when you use the three tone mode now in your last data report, it's now about a 25% variance when you use the three tone mode.....Perhaps the first report (15%) was a preliminary/guesstimate?....I could deal with and make use of a 15% variance but a 25% difference would make this unit unacceptable for my intended needs....I really appreciate you taking the time to make this data available for us all.........JJ
February 10, 2015 05:11PM
I think maybe the first data was airtesting..the new data is test garden..

Keith
February 10, 2015 05:31PM
Hi Keith,,that would probably explain it...I read stuff sometimes but for some reason I don't absorb the information correctly into my data bank the first time ...I need to sometimes upload the data twice or the upgrade will just be a failure..LoL...If they could maintain a quiet machine in the three tone mode with a variance of 10% to 15% less depth between the two tone mode and three tone mode,they would have a machine that would attract a lot larger audience....As it is right now, it still seems to be a very good bang for the buck machine.....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 05:33PM by jimmyjiver.
February 10, 2015 06:06PM
((( jj..... those were Prelim guesstimates...... until more scientific methodology/analysis/solid tests. )))

* Another test. Racer loses minimal depth on low conductors when dropping Grnd Bal from 90..... to 30. But once you go into 'wet salt' Ground Balance/Ground Phase numbers (which is 30 and below)....... there is considerable depth loss on (specifically) micro-jewelry ...then low conductors............... especially deep into the salt phase......... which is Grnd Bal numbers encroaching zero.
February 10, 2015 06:54PM
Tom, Im looking forward to your separation tests.
February 10, 2015 07:23PM
Hi Tom,,thank you very much for the clarification on my question...I like the new added data also....JJ
February 11, 2015 04:21AM
Hi Tom, thanks for more amazingly helpful info - So to summarize what I think I have learned. The performance with the larger coil is close but still lags the F75ltd2. But with the smaller coil the Racer has an edge over F75. It is the Racer's performance with the small coil that sets it apart - that and very responsive audio that can communicate both ferrous and non ferrous data dynamically with little to no delay.

Again thanks so much for all your teachings - I learn so much from you and the others on this site - it is truly Detector U :-)

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 11, 2015 04:48AM
I don't have Racer but my CoRe unit with stock coil seems to edge out my F75SE DST upgraded with stock coil in the separation dept using FA process. So I would think Racer would as well. Granted I don't have the setup Tom probably has/uses. If it in fact does that would also be another way maybe Racer could be set apart. And I think my CoRe unit is deeper than F75se DST upgraded unit while in FA process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 04:54AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 11, 2015 02:21PM
What's going to be Interesting is the comparison to the "Updated" F75 and Not the Hot older F75's. Many of the people who have had their F75's "updated" report that the "update" kills their AM mode while the EMI issues on Discrim are less.
February 11, 2015 03:59PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> UMMM so it seems it is nothing to different from
> what we have already just in a different package
> and lower price. Can it trump the DEUS???? With
> the small coil I would think but I still like the
> deus with the programing you can do and the new
> update coming

You dont really think it can trump the Deus!?!
I am not trying to make anything sound bad, but it seems to me that this unit seems WAY TOO CLOSE, VERY CLOSE to a Fisher or Technetics (hmmmmm). I have never been to warm with fisher, just could not get friendly with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 04:05PM by goldmanjace.
February 11, 2015 05:33PM
Congratulations to Nokta on the new Racer, sounds like they have hit it out of the park for the price. I hope you sell a boat load of them!!
February 12, 2015 02:46AM
The 'FA' (Fast Audio) mode on the new F75-2...... is not a very deep mode........... as compared to the rest of the modes. Soooooo...... this is also to say....... it does not take much to trump the depth of the 'FA' mode. Just keep in mind of it's original intent; high trash environments.

* Hunted two additional places with Racer. Exclusively used the 5" DD coil all day. Aggregate collected data..... again....... indicates approximately a 7% performance gain (via real-world finds/results) in enhanced adjacent target separation .... in carpets of nails.... where the Racer with 5" DD coil and continuous audio.............. trumps 'snap-shot' technology.
February 12, 2015 02:55AM
Hi Tom,,,,Thanks again for taking the time to share some more data....JJ
February 12, 2015 04:25PM
Here's my current thought process about the Makro Racer.

* On the XP GMP platform ....... when you switch from 2-Tones to 3-Tones........ no depth is lost. If there is only one request for the Racer....... this would be it. This would make the Racer a much more viable platform for coin hunters.

* And a secondary request (secondary..... only because it may not be possible)..... is to have better ferrous ID at fringe depths.
February 12, 2015 04:31PM
I agree Tom and have already commented on this.
February 12, 2015 05:47PM
Tom:

Is there a way to compare the "chattiness" of the f75 w DST vs the racer? I know it depends on power lines, location, ground...etc. A gut feel for the unit in your experience would suffice. Thanks!
February 13, 2015 12:04AM
I quite like the fact that a Sensitivity of 65 is nearing maximum depth and that the maximum depth is closely comparable to the F75SE.......if I have been reading NasaTom's information correctly. And if I have been reading correctly.....at a sensitivity of 65......there is some VCO.....which is valuable to the detectorist in pre-determining possible depth of targets. ie: lower/softer pitch equals deeper (or shallow and smaller) and higher pitch/squeal equals shallow (or possibly deeper large iron like a plow point or iron horse collar ring).
February 13, 2015 02:16AM
In most cases....... it is difficult to get the F75-2/DST to present any EMI expressed...... even with the 11" DD coil.
The Racer........ is somewhat easy...... especially at mid-80's (and above) Sens settings....... to incur EMI ...... especially with the 11" DD coil....... especially at a Sens setting of '99'.
February 13, 2015 02:27AM
Thanks Tom. Always appreciate your views!