Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Racer Field Test

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Makro Racer Field Test
February 18, 2015 06:25PM
The pistol grip is a bit uncomfortable ..and the balance with small coil is not very good unless you uses the strap..

all in all the Racer has better ergonomics..but could take a slight improvement in grip angle..SLIGHT..

it's does I.D. from the disc channel when in all metal..

as far as mixed mode no....but at the same time it has a rolling audio feel...and the depth of disc when using zero disc js very very close to all metal depth...buy there no mixed mode...

one thing of note if your a old school hunter....that is hunt in all metal and check targets in disc audio the Racer is your only easy viable option..it can be done with a simple cursor movement..on the CoRe you gave to go through steps to do that...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2015 02:11AM
((( In my Florida soil ))) ..... the F75 SE/LTD in 'bp' mode will acquire a clad dime to 12.0"..... with a good high tone...... with a fairly high ID VDI span. The Racer is 11.4"........ with no VDI ID (too weak of a signal)...... but a reasonable audio report. The ID exists at approx. 10.6" to 10.8"..... speed (and steadiness) of coil sweep. Start adding trash in fairly close proximity to the intended target....... and the Racer starts to be the trump card.
February 19, 2015 02:36AM
Good info Tom D.
February 19, 2015 04:21AM
Hi,,,,I thought the more I read on the Racer the more I would learn....It seems like you two are giving conflicting reports on different things in your reviews/tests....JJ

Tom:::::* Ergonomics..... to swing the detector all day...... is non-fatiguing.

Keith::::* The pistol grip is a bit uncomfortable ..and the balance with small coil is not very good unless you uses the strap...(core?)..... all in all the Racer has better ergonomics..but could take a slight improvement in grip angle..SLIGHT..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith I'm confused on what you are trying to say on the stuff below it don't make sense to me.....

Keith::::it's does I.D. from the disc channel when in all metal.. (what?)

Keith::::as far as mixed mode no....but at the same time it has a rolling audio feel...and the depth of disc when using zero disc js very very close to all metal depth...buy there no mixed mode... (what")

Keith::::"one thing of note if your a old school hunter....that is hunt in all metal and check targets in disc audio the Racer is your only easy viable option..it can be done with a simple cursor movement..on the CoRe you gave to go through steps to
do that..."....................................(How would this work if I had a deep target and checked it in the weaker discriminate mode it probably don't have enough depth to work and you would not hear the target to check it)....
February 19, 2015 04:26AM
Why does it not make sense..

Keith I'm confused on what you are trying to say on the stuff below it don't make sense to me.....

Keith::::it's does I.D. from the disc channel when in all metal.. (what?) My Answer to you JIMMY =theres an I.D number to look at when in all metal on the screen that is coming from the Disc circuit...

Keith::::as far as mixed mode no....but at the same time it has a rolling audio feel...and the depth of disc when using zero disc js very very close to all metal depth...buy there no mixed mode... (what"winking smiley My Answer to you JIMMY= there is no Mixed mode audio i.e. disc and all metal running in unison like on a MXT or a Nautilus...BUT the 2 tone Circuit has great blendy rolling audio feel that when in zero disc gives the image of a mixed mode type audio picture but still only a disc cicuit used..

Keith::::"one thing of note if your a old school hunter....that is hunt in all metal and check targets in disc audio the Racer is your only easy viable option..it can be done with a simple cursor movement..on the CoRe you gave to go through steps to
do that..."....................................(How would this work if I had a deep target and checked it in the weaker discriminate mode it probably don't have enough depth to work and you would not hear the target to check it).... My Answer to you JIMMY the disc I.D. only works to a certian depth visually so if say you in all metal and get a hit and no I.D. pops on screen.. you could then flip to disc circuit audio and see what happens ...hopefully you would hear it if not you surely need to dig to find out what it is.or at elast to you get a strong I.D..

Just because disc mode is as deep as all metal in airtest or neutral dont think it will be like that in certain dirts....all metal will be your only viable solution on some hunts for finds to be made.....

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 04:44AM by Keith Southern.
February 19, 2015 04:35AM
answered above

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 04:57AM by jimmyjiver.
February 20, 2015 09:56AM
You guys are Awesome! Thanks for the info Tom! Seems like a great detector for the price and accessories delivered. Honestly the f75 ltd2 package with both coils is quite a good deal as well. Have you received an f75 ltd2? Just curious, about how the 2 compare, small coil vs. Small coil as far as depth achieved and if the f75 in FA mode provides better separation while keeping up in the depth dept. Compared to the racer.
February 20, 2015 01:35PM
Yes, I have a few new F75LTD2's....... and am in the middle of head-to-head testing. I've got a lot of data to share..... when time permits.
February 20, 2015 11:15PM
Tom, could we call NASA and ask for you some time off--IT IS FOR NATIONAL SECURITY that you post your reviews of the F75TD2's. Many of us are awaiting your findings BEFORE we send our 75's in. I was told 15 minutes ago by a well named FT person that there "IS NO DEPTH LOSS IN AM ON THE UPGRADE". Apparently they must think all these people reporting decreased AM performance are like those people cited by Proff. Gruber of MIT.
February 21, 2015 01:29AM
In progress. ((( To include explanation of posting delays )))
February 21, 2015 01:38PM
Thanks, Tom--we know you are doing your best,as always.
October 19, 2015 12:21PM
Did anyone a comparison between T2 DST and Racer?

Liaso
October 19, 2015 03:31PM
I did on the F19 and the racer took it out and on the deus I would get the reacer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 19, 2015 06:10PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did on the F19 and the racer took it out and on
> the deus I would get the reacer

Right now i have a deus but i want to try T2/F75 or Racer..i want something deeper than Deus smiling smiley

thanks LowBoy