Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for Mr Thomas Dankowski concerning F75 series

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for Mr Thomas Dankowski concerning F75 series
February 09, 2015 10:58PM
I've read, I believe, all of your technical/scientific reports/findings concerning the Fisher F75/SE/LTD/LTD2. My question is. Have you ever tried to compare say air test and or an in ground test with a unit will fully charged batteries vs the same unit with batteries that were mostly depleted (possess enough current for unit to function) and noticed any performance effects? If so, how significant??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 11:00PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Question for Mr Thomas Dankowski concerning F75 series
February 10, 2015 12:34AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've read, I believe, all of your
> technical/scientific reports/findings concerning
> the Fisher F75/SE/LTD/LTD2. My question is. Have
> you ever tried to compare say air test and or an
> in ground test with a unit will fully charged
> batteries vs the same unit with batteries that
> were mostly depleted (possess enough current for
> unit to function) and noticed any performance
> effects? If so, how significant??

That's a good question. I've used my batteries all the way down to the screen is off, but I'm still getting audio and finally the machine just shuts off, and I didn't notice any difference in performance (on a F75 LTD(2)).

I've always felt that alkaline batteries ran better then rechargeables on my F75, but do not have anything scientific on it.

I know, it's anecdotal, so I look forward to Tom's answer.
February 10, 2015 12:48AM
Me too; especially since I hunt is not so good dirt. Fringe depth may be affected. We'll see what he says.
February 10, 2015 01:43AM
Yes..... and have reported this before. There are 5 LED battery status indications with the F75.

1. All 3 LED bars
2. Two LED bars
3. One LED bar
4. One LED bar that is flashing
5. Zero illuminated LED bars...... and no more flashing

Then..... the unit will cut off / shut down.

I have only measured performance in real dirt......... and with Zero illuminated LED bars. Just about completely dead batteries. Bottom line: Zero percent performance degradation.
February 10, 2015 01:47AM
It's amazing how long that last flashing LED bar lasts. The last time this happened to me (just a few weeks ago), it was flashing for a good hour or two, and finally I looked at my screen and it was blank but I still had audio for another five mins or so, and then it died smiling smiley
February 10, 2015 01:49AM
Thanks a lot Tom. Comforting to know. My upgraded unit is performing superbly-like a different machine really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 01:50AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 10, 2015 03:37AM
Battery life is just awesome with the F75.
February 10, 2015 08:19AM
There's a voltage regulator circuit inside the 'battery compartment', feeding a constant level to all the electronics, with the exception of the audio amplifier. So low batteries will cause slightly lower volume, but everything else will be unchanged.