Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher PI Gold Detector

Posted by wolfau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Fisher PI Gold Detector
February 09, 2015 11:35PM
Hi Guys just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours on its release date
if the rumours are true that Fisher are making this detector.

Thanks

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 11:47PM by wolfau.
Re: New Fisher PI Gold Detector
February 10, 2015 12:15AM
The only machines my inside guy told me about months ago was the f-11,22 and 44. I want another cheap TID tot lot machine and maybe one of these machines will do it? I've yet to hear what frequency they run on? But I love that they run on just 2 AA batteries.
February 10, 2015 12:31AM
I recently heard from a FT high up guy that it is in the works, but will still be years before we see it.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 10, 2015 01:10AM
PittsburghWill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently heard from a FT high up guy that it is
> in the works, but will still be years before we
> see it.

Theres a thread on Steves forum on this...basicallt,like Will said,supposedly in the works. Ray
February 10, 2015 01:32AM
I know something but, I can't say.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 10, 2015 01:43AM
Seems like about every six months there's a rumor that Fisher is making the next great new machine, and.......wait for it.......we're still on the 9 year old F75 platform...

Been a rumor a new multifreq machine was coming out for years. I don't doubt they're dabbling with one in their lab......but will it ever see the light of day, who knows.
February 10, 2015 02:07AM
They did get Carl from Whites didn't they

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 10, 2015 02:15AM
Whites told me they were working on an "Enduro" detector. But then said it wasn't a priority. This after I asked why they haven't came out with an ATpro type machine.?
February 10, 2015 11:31AM
I think Garrett proved water proofing a good machine pays back. Id be amazed that any multi freq machine produced now days isnt water proof. It sure does seem to take some time to get promised machines out. Tech is really moving..... maybe by time they are ready to put it out .... new parts get upgraded..... or they find another cheap labor country and opt to move delaying it. I still say ..... one of these days we are going to use an app on a smart phone with newly designed batteries.

Dew
February 10, 2015 01:33PM
Cal-Cobra
....we're still on the 9 year old F75 platform...

The F75 LTD could arguably been marketed as an F85.

The F75 LTD/DST could be labeled a F95, they are that different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 01:34PM by go-rebels.
February 10, 2015 02:41PM
George Forman used to enjoy naming all his sons George. I think Fisher has some George fans in management.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 10, 2015 03:19PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> George Forman used to enjoy naming all his sons
> George. I think Fisher has some George fans in
> management.

Yes, good ole George--I always liked his style! smiling smiley-----He's a preacher to, ya know Pastor Tom!-------Oh yeah---I REALLY like my F-19---did I mention it's in the Fisher "F" series? ha ha
February 10, 2015 03:22PM
I think the only thing right now is the 11/22/44 coming...and the G2+ in about June..

Keith
February 10, 2015 05:52PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I think the only thing right now is the 11/22/44
> coming...and the G2+ in about June..
>
> Keith
I was going to buy another ATpro for my tot lot hunting (big machine for small job) So maybe the 11,22 or 44 will fit the bill and budget better? I'm pretty much a "beep dig" guy in the tot lots, beaches, basketball and VB courts. I know my Compadre does super in these situations. Actually my etrac as well. But having a "light weight" tone ID, TID machine makes it just a little more fun for me.....
February 10, 2015 05:57PM
go-rebels Wrote:
> ....we're still on the 9 year old F75 platform...
>
> The F75 LTD could arguably been marketed as an
> F85.
>
> The F75 LTD/DST could be labeled a F95, they are
> that different.

Having the F75 LTD, now upgraded to a LTD2, I'm not sure I'd 100% agree with that, but I get where you're going with it, and it is the trend we're seeing with them - tweak/upgrade a few software parameters, change the rod/housing/color, different coil and presto we have a "new" machine to sell. Still six years between the LTD and LTD2, that's an eternity in technology time, especially considering (IMHO) the F75 LTD should've been this stable to begin with.

I recall having "debates" with Dave J. on findmall when he used to post there about how bad the EMI shutdown was on the F75 and he blew it off as a "normal" occurrence that happens on all machines. I reminded him that I never had that issue, in the same EMI infested places, with my CZ70. So while I'm absolutely 200% happy they were finally able to (mostly) mitigate F75 EMI issues with DST, it's disappointing that the issue feel on deaf ears initially, and we had to wait six years for a solution.

IMHO the F75 LTD (DST upgraded) is now where it should've been when it was first released. Don't get me wrong, I've always thought it was a very capable machine, and I've made a lot of great finds with it, but I also know I've missed a lot of finds due to the EMI instability issues. I would think long and hard before spending another $1299 on a First Texas/Fisher product, and would definitely not be the first one in line to get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 06:07PM by Cal_cobra.
February 10, 2015 06:01PM
New top of the line gold machine is in test. Wnen will it appear - what technology will it use - etc. - nobody who knows is free to disclose anything. I trust Dave Johnson to give it all the benefit of what he has learned in the last dozens of years.

Will ot be enouuh to make a big dent in the gold detector market in North American and Australia? fT doesn't care!!! The real money is in Africa and they want a major hit there among what are now known as "artisanal miners". That's the market that Minelab lost to First Texas and which ML with it's megabucks detectors won't win back in the face of a light "good enough" PI machine from FT - if only they can make it"

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 10, 2015 06:10PM
It is my understanding the Fisher Gold Bug 2 is still one of the best gold machines made to date at a reasonable cost? How long has it been out? 15 years? I guess if your pulling giant nuggets out of the ground a $5000 ml machine doesn't hurt so bad?
February 10, 2015 08:47PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> New top of the line gold machine is in test. Wnen
> will it appear - what technology will it use -
> etc. - nobody who knows is free to disclose
> anything. I trust Dave Johnson to give it all the
> benefit of what he has learned in the last dozens
> of years.
>
> Will ot be enouuh to make a big dent in the gold
> detector market in North American and Australia?
> fT doesn't care!!! The real money is in Africa
> and they want a major hit there among what are now
> known as "artisanal miners". That's the market
> that Minelab lost to First Texas and which ML with
> it's megabucks detectors won't win back in the
> face of a light "good enough" PI machine from FT -
> if only they can make it"

I heard fisher could be waiting until Minelab release the 7000.

I do hope though the machine is capable in our hot ground
Here in Australia.