Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for Keith - Lobo, Racer (is the Lobo a forgotten hero)

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for Keith - Lobo, Racer (is the Lobo a forgotten hero)
February 11, 2015 04:08AM
Keith - In my search for another Detector I have been watching and very much enjoying your videos. The new Racer (and CoRe for that matter) is a very interesting option and your videos have helped tremendously in helping me understand its capabilities.

But while browsing through some of your other videos I stumbled on one you did with a Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq with a mod by you. What struck me about this video is not only did the modded Lobo hit well on all three dimes and nickel it also cleared the Nail board challenge with flying colors. It did better then any other unit I have seen you test. So is the Lobo (modded of course) really that good, and if so how would you compare it to the Racer?

Oh and one other question what was the Mod - you said you adjusted one pot - my guess it was the ground balance preset for discrimination operation ( I read that the auto tracking only works in all metal and the discrimination GB is preset) - am I close?

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
Re: Question for Keith - Lobo, Racer (is the Lobo a forgotten hero)
February 11, 2015 04:54AM
Was the lobo modded for your ground specifically? I agree with bryannagirl, looks like the best machine you've ever put through your test garden, atleast on video. Does it handle deep iron very well? I've been thinking about purchasing one of these since you mentioned it here some time ago but modifying an expensive detector might lead to disaster. Can it be put back easily if you don't get it right or is it a one chance thing?
Re: Question for Keith - Lobo, Racer (is the Lobo a forgotten hero)
February 11, 2015 06:48AM
Nothing wrong with a LOBO ST..

But if you want it all from tesoro brand just get the Tejon...its deeper and it passes the nail board test with stock coil...

Ive tried and tried to get people to see what the Tejon will ,some try them but dont see it...Ill never figure it out...the Tejon is extremely deep and unmask extremely well BUT on the UNMASKING in the Soil it will take you many hours to get it to unlock a site to the fullest...You can use a tejon for a month testing it and think you Know how it unmask.But youdont..it takes a very tuned ear..I think its more than most people want to put into it...its the clicks and spits and sputters that will talk to you if you listen...

the LOBO is more refined and unmask well but not on the level of the Tejon...The lobo is less NOISY but also less productive..

Always keep a Tejon on hand for the last pull on a site.....Its a very specific type unit for tight unmasking.Its as good and in my opinion better at times than the DEUS...the DEUS just offers more rejected target audio...I will go to my grave believing the GMP/DEUS tore a Tejon apart and looked inside it to see what makes it tick in iron....even the ground balances act the same effect wise on disc side..

Keith