Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MInelab GO Find new detector

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MInelab GO Find new detector
February 11, 2015 11:19AM
[urklad.ru]

Looks lightweight for a change.
Re: MInelab GO Find new detector
February 11, 2015 11:58AM
The design is killer how it folds down so compact!

Can't wait to see some reviews on performance/etc
February 11, 2015 02:46PM
It would be nice to think they'd listened to us users, but I suspect it was more to do with market share which forced Minelab to design this machine.
Just hope it's FBS or an improvement of.
February 11, 2015 02:58PM
Gold Finger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be nice to think they'd listened to us
> users, but I suspect it was more to do with market
> share which forced Minelab to design this
> machine.
> Just hope it's FBS or an improvement of.

I put the site into translate and it states the go-find series is going to be a step below the xterra line....
February 11, 2015 03:02PM
I hope it's waterproof. It looks like a sweet ride. I need to go and traslate the text......
February 11, 2015 04:34PM
If you translate the page, it says the Go Find is one level below the Xterra, made to compete with the Garrett ACE, and will be priced in the $150-$300 range.
February 11, 2015 05:36PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> If you translate the page, it says the Go Find is
> one level below the Xterra, made to compete with
> the Garrett ACE, and will be priced in the
> $150-$300 range.

Well that's a kick in the teeth IF true :-(
February 11, 2015 05:45PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> If you translate the page, it says the Go Find is
> one level below the Xterra, made to compete with
> the Garrett ACE, and will be priced in the
> $150-$300 range.

I think that is refering to another device yet to be announced because it says its unamed and the GO FInd is named unless the translation is off
February 11, 2015 07:22PM
here you go all.....

[translate.google.com]
February 11, 2015 07:25PM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you translate the page, it says the Go Find
> is
> > one level below the Xterra, made to compete
> with
> > the Garrett ACE, and will be priced in the
> > $150-$300 range.
>
>
> I think that is refering to another device yet to
> be announced because it says its unamed and the GO
> FInd is named unless the translation is off

I hope it has target ID numbers? Not in increments of 4, 3 or 2 either! But from what I've seen it doesn't look like it?
February 11, 2015 07:52PM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you translate the page, it says the Go Find
> is
> > one level below the Xterra, made to compete
> with
> > the Garrett ACE, and will be priced in the
> > $150-$300 range.
>
>
> I think that is refering to another device yet to
> be announced because it says its unamed and the GO
> FInd is named unless the translation is off

It says a series of 3 devices. It looks like all 3 of them are below the Xterra line. Probably Go Find "1", "2" and "3" (in red, green and ... pink). grinning smiley
February 11, 2015 07:55PM
Hi,,,,When I read it it said it was for kids.....So I guess the kids would enjoy it...LoL..........JJ
February 11, 2015 08:02PM
It is the 20, 40 and 60
February 11, 2015 08:06PM
But looking at the pictures (without any info) one could easily say, it's Minelabs answer to the Deus... I would be really surprised if they make this design that cheap. If this is a 9" coil, it should be only ~20" long.
February 11, 2015 08:24PM
I thought just the opposite from the photo. When i saw the display pic and it showed what looked like a bolt, ring, coin and something else
February 11, 2015 08:34PM
Looks lightweight but still looks unbalanced? The collapsible portions are too centered, This will create an unbalanced feel when fully extended out.

My take of course,

Paul
February 11, 2015 08:48PM
I think the Ace 150 and 250 was designed for kids as well. But found a good following with adults as well. This is why my Gizmo's worked so well. I've been looking for a tot lot machine and although the F2 has fit that bill in the past I'm always open to other options. I was hoping the Fisher F11, 22 or 44 would work in that slot? But maybe this GO-FIND will do it? What ML needs to do is retrofit the etrac onto that rod system.........
February 11, 2015 08:50PM
@bigboar,
I wasn't focussing on the display but rather on the whole (slim) concept. But you are right, it would be dissapointing if this is the "main" display. I have to admit, it looks like a toy, but I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted. I'm only wondering about a wasted chance to put something out that looks cool like this and combines advanced technology. But who knows, maybe they have something in the pipeline...

@Old California,
That's what I thought - unless the coil is ultra light. Otherwise it would be awesome if they could implement some mechanism to slide the coil in the center position (I don't think it will be possible).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 08:51PM by x2000.
February 12, 2015 05:20PM
...no, not anywhere near the performance of the 'D' from France...
...rumor has it an introductory type affair with reasonably good [ basic ] performance not x-terra like but close...
...more to get youngsters involved in the hobby so expect to see lots of young 'uns in the adverts and expect to see lots of glossy boxes in the Outdoor retailers...
...rumor has it may be used with a phone ??? Heaps of 'Target Icons' and interesting to watch either on the device or the phone?
...rumor has it at a low enough price starting out @ $249.00 to take on the likes of the 'Yeller Feller' from TX...

...looking forward to seeing more on it.

Des
February 12, 2015 08:04PM
Des D Wrote:

> ...rumor has it at a low enough price starting out
> @ $249.00 to take on the likes of the 'Yeller
> Feller' from TX...
>
> ...looking forward to seeing more on it.
>
> Des

I'd say your "rumours" are pretty reliable Des....any rumours about the xterra 905 ???

[www.treasurequestxlt.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 08:33PM by james1969.
February 12, 2015 08:54PM
Just what I need is a bunch of kids leaving holes in the parks!!! I spend enough time filling holes from adults and Squirrels- I don't need any more!!! Me and Bill was hunting one of our favorite parks. Two guys roll up and start hunting. We could only see from a far that they were digging targets. We were maybe 100 yards apart. They seemed to be there about 30 minutes then left. We wondered over to their spot and saw the carnage these two did. We walked around hunting and fixing holes. Sometimes there wasn't enough dirt to fill them back so we had to find some. We haven't seen them since but the day will come.............................................
February 12, 2015 09:07PM
james1969 Wrote:

> I'd say your "rumours" are pretty reliable
> Des....any rumours about the xterra 905 ???
>
>
> [www.treasurequestxlt.com]
> p?threads/new-xterra-905.52983/

baaaaaaah photoshoped.....pity...this unable to edit more than once is a pain!
February 14, 2015 12:28PM
Yeah...
Stands to reason! It might be coming? After all, that Trademark was Registered!
February 14, 2015 03:29PM
Khouse,your a grouchy old man,lol. " You kids get off my lawn!!"
I was 12 years old when I first got introduced to detecting. My son has been detecting with me since he was 7....and it spurred his interest in history,especially California gold rush. Yes,everyone should learn to do it right, but I bet the parents that drop $250 on a toy for a kid,for the most part will teach em the right way. Ray
February 14, 2015 03:56PM
LOL - It seems the older I get the grouchier I get as well. Maybe I'm ticked because ML chose to introduce an entry level machine instead of either building a light weight etrac or some kind of ATpro killer in that price range. Both of my boys "used" to hunt with me until their mother bought them Game Boys!!! I'm still mad about that and that was years ago.
February 14, 2015 04:57PM
They have a bunch of very expensive gold detectors – a bunch of not so hot selling general-purpose detectors – the expensive CTX and now they want to go to Walmart bass pro shop Cabelas with something for those people who buy a detector use it three times to put in the closet.

Now there's nothing wrong with that first Texas corporation has their bounty Hunter line plus various house branded to textures that they produce for people to sell under their own name these are intended for Christmas gifts birthday gifts impulse buys for people who will use them twice and put them in the closet.

Minelab was missing out of all this now they want to cash in – in my opinion there a bit late to the party.

Nothing to see here move along folks

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 18, 2015 01:10AM
Have heard a release of late march. From what I've seen, they have a little "Tweeking" to do on the design. Performance seems on par with the Ace Series, F-2 and the 60 will be up there with the Whites low end machines. It is NOT waterproof and there is no metal in either the body or shaft. Strictly icons, NO numerical target ID. The detector will fill a low end market that Minelab has needed for quite sometime.
February 18, 2015 01:54AM
Looks cool and maybe Minelab will use the profile for future detectors. But preset GB tells me it's definitely entry level.