Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Do you think the Racer speaker is placed in a vulnerable location?

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Do you think the Racer speaker is placed in a vulnerable location?
February 15, 2015 01:25PM
I have the Racer on order. I have no F75 or T2 or G whatever so the decision to take the plunge was easier for me.

I had the Fors Core and offered my opinion on that unit here on this forum and a few others. One of the statements I made is that I need a mudder. Now I'm not talking about an All Terrain unit, but a detector that doesn't need to be wrapped in a waterproof cover 24 seven to keep it from suffering from the rigors of hunting. After looking at the Racer pics I wonder if the speaker is vulnerable to wet grass and dirt when I dig.

Hey it's 4 degrees with 40 MPH winds this morning. I just need to vent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 01:26PM by goodmore.
Re: Do you think the Racer speaker is placed in a vulnerable location?
February 15, 2015 01:28PM
Yes, the first thing I thought after seeing the picture.
February 15, 2015 01:36PM
Stay warm Goodmore, looks like little to no relief in sight for 8 days. I'm feeling it here in Tn as well. Maybe Keith could give some demonstrations. I haven't seen the Racer i.e. laid on the ground, and see how it orients itself for steadiness, etc.
February 15, 2015 01:49PM
Makro racer seems to be quite steady, when placed on the ground. But i would use the optional covers, as the speaker is only about 1 inch off the ground and so the speaker could easily get dirty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 01:49PM by Etsija82.
February 15, 2015 02:46PM
You could make a stand to keep it dry.. I use one i made on my f75 love it..

Bill
Retired to southern Alabama.
February 15, 2015 03:59PM
Yes it is in a bad place but I never use the speaker so I might cover it up

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 15, 2015 07:54PM
Hi,,,,This is a very good bang for your buck machine at $649.00....The indented speaker placement is just fine with the exception of the sound being directed down and not directly at the user....This does not concern me because, if I was to buy one I would be using headphones anyways....The speaker placement would be alright and just fine on normal everyday park etc. turf but in a woods/brush scenario the speaker could become damaged....But have no fear Nokta/Makro has already thought of that and included rain/brush covers in the pro pack,so the problem is resolved....They also sell these separate,,picture below....JJ

[www.metaldetectingauction.com]
February 20, 2015 09:06AM
Yup bad spot. Grass is wet a lot of the time
But it still looks like a great detector.