Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tips for the AT Gold.

Posted by rexy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
tips for the AT Gold.
February 17, 2015 07:38PM
I just traded my old PI for the Garrett AT Gold. I had it for about 3 weeks, and about 70 hours. I am still looking for a good discrim level, sensitivity and thresh hold that some more experienced users have better luck with. I live in Orange County CA, and I also beach, coin, and relic hunt. I also would like your opinions on different coils and settings for beach and park hunting.

Happy Hunting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 06:59PM by rexy.
Re: tips for the AT Gold.
February 17, 2015 09:01PM
I'm thinking Garrett did a pretty good job on the AT Gold, and not sure what deficiency are you experiencing? What part of the performance are you wanting to improve?
February 17, 2015 09:15PM
I love the all metal on that machine super deep in Virgina and Calif dirt. I leave the tone break at about 32 very little disc and crank the sens up...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 18, 2015 12:30AM
For relic hunting, put on a Tornado NEL coil. Hunt in All Metal, disc. set on 30, iron audio on, max. sens.
February 18, 2015 07:01PM
Thanks.
Great forum by the way.
February 19, 2015 07:36PM
Are there any difference in depth capabilities between the 5x8coil, 8.5x11 coil, or the NEL coils?