Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Core vs Makro Racer

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Core vs Makro Racer
February 17, 2015 08:53PM
Hi everyone (yo Skiwhiz!), it's been a long time. I've been detectorless for a number of years and I'm planning to get back into it. It looks like these Nokta brand detectors are all the rage at the moment. I must admit I am intrigued by them. They look to have a lot of very nice features at a reasonable price.

I'm sure it's been discussed already, but is it worth waiting for the Makro? It's actually a MUCH better deal to get the pro package Fors Core being sold on Kellyco for $850. The Makro pro pack will be the same price, but it does not come with the 15" coil, which is valued at $250. That's a SIGNIFICANT difference. Is the Makro going to be that much better in performance that it's worth waiting, instead of getting the Core?
Re: Nokta Fors Core vs Makro Racer
February 17, 2015 09:02PM
Mojave go to the nokta/makro forum on find mall and read Monte's and Keith Southerland reviews--they go very deep.
February 17, 2015 09:14PM
It will be under $800.00 with the two coils on the Racer and do you really need a huge coil? It seems to me the racer will fit into a backpack for hunts and it is just about the same as the CoRe not enough difference to have to pay more...deep and could go deeper in your ground but the main thing is it seems to hit targets that are being masked and there are a lot of relics out there that are being missed because of masking..The small coil on the racer is a bit different if I read the right on one of these forums and is a better design and is deep and that is a great thing...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 11:57PM by Lawrenzo.
February 17, 2015 09:31PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It will be under $700.00 with the two coils on the
> Racer and do you really need a huge coil? It seems
> to me the racer will fit into a backpack for hunts
> and it is just about the same as the CoRe not
> enough difference to have to pay more...deep and
> could go deeper in your ground but the main thing
> is it seems to hit targets that are being masked
> and there are a lot of relics out there that are
> being missed because of masking..The small coil on
> the racer is a bit different if I read the right
> on one of these forums and is a better design and
> is deep and that is a great thing...

Where did you read that the Racer was going to be less than $700 with two coils? I've only seen two packages - Standard ($649) and Pro ($849). The Standard only comes with 1 coil, the pro comes with 2. The Pro package for the CoRe $850) has 3 coils, including the 15" coil, which I definitely think would be nice thing to have in certain areas where I use to hunt. More depth, mainly.
February 17, 2015 09:32PM
I will have to check that price

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 11:57PM by Lawrenzo.
February 17, 2015 09:35PM
I believe for the $150 price difference, you will get the large coil and a bag/case. Also, the CoRe coils contain epoxy, the Racer injection molded. I have more confidence with epoxy. There is a weight difference between the detectors. The Core unit does balance well. And I love the case the CoRe propack comes with. All flagship builders should offer the same. Granted it probably does drive price some. But the cases are ideal for keeping things together and offer protection.
February 17, 2015 09:52PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I believe for the $150 price difference, you will
> get the large coil and a bag/case. Also, the CoRe
> coils contain epoxy, the Racer injection molded.
> I have more confidence with epoxy. There is a
> weight difference between the detectors. The Core
> unit does balance well. And I love the case the
> CoRe propack comes with. All flagship builders
> should offer the same. Granted it probably does
> drive price some. But the cases are ideal for
> keeping things together and offer protection.

I actually see it as a $250 dollar difference, since both pro packs are $850, and the CoRe comes with an extra coil worth $250. I'm just wondering if the Racer is a better detector and the $250 coil difference is not worth going to the CoRe.
February 17, 2015 10:20PM
Different coils, ones epoxy filled....yet the Racer design coil feels more in tune to the machine it is a tun r d circuit coil likebelieve this Iis to allow it to run hotter...

the epoxy one feels more lenient. .

The Racer comes with storage bag in pro pack also..

there the same units more or less without having them side by side you would never know the minute differences..yet the same can be said from ttwo detectors of the same model..still minute...

Trust me the Racer display will be worth the difference..just the simple fact of mode switching on the fly.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 17, 2015 11:27PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Different coils, ones epoxy filled....yet the
> Racer design coil feels more in tune to the
> machine it is a tun r d circuit coil likebelieve
> this Iis to allow it to run hotter...
>
> the epoxy one feels more lenient. .
>
>
> The Racer comes with storage bag in pro pack
> also..
>
> there the same units more or less without having
> them side by side you would never know the minute
> differences..yet the same can be said from ttwo
> detectors of the same model..still minute...
>
> Trust me the Racer display will be worth the
> difference..just the simple fact of mode switching
> on the fly.
>
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith, so in your opinion, the Makro is a little deeper than the CoRe?

The thing that keeps bringing me to the CoRe is the $250 dollar coil. That's a significant difference between the two pro packs. I'm just trying to decide if its worth not having as much of a display.
February 18, 2015 12:20AM
Mojave Wrote:

> The thing that keeps bringing me to the CoRe is
> the $250 dollar coil. That's a significant
> difference between the two pro packs. I'm just
> trying to decide if its worth not having as much
> of a display.

Mojave

if you're MORE of a tonal type hunter (hunt by sound more than by #s on a screen)

I'd opt for the CoRe Pro-Pak as it's definitely far better value for the $$

but

if you're the type that MUST have a "screen" to look at and want a bit more convenience of on the fly changes to your programs/settings = the Racer would be the better choice

me personally - if I had to pick between the 2 and since there's really no difference in performance - I'd have to go with the core package for the $$ === that nice BIG 15" coil would come in handy hunting the beach, open fields, etc. where you need the added depth but that's just me ;-)

Good luck no matter what you decide...
February 18, 2015 12:23AM
I saw a video today on the racer . Unlike the core the squiggly sound does not reflect the depth.
February 18, 2015 12:28AM
Also the core 5" coil did better on the nail board separation test
February 18, 2015 12:37AM
I'm still core bound. As long as I here the sound and see a number in the grip I don't really think I need to see any other info.
The core also has an updated housing coming out with covered red sealed buttons and better plug covers.
February 18, 2015 01:59AM
rockhoppernc Wrote:
> I'm still core bound. As long as I here the sound
> and see a number in the grip I don't really think
> I need to see any other info.
> The core also has an updated housing coming out
> with covered red sealed buttons and better plug
> covers.

That's another thing pushing me towards the CoRe.... I like the design better. Looks a little more heavy duty, even if it's just cosmetic. The Racer looks nice, but it reminds me too much of a First Texas detector, and there are plenty of those.