Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What do you think the Number one selling detector brand is in the State's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What do you think the Number one selling detector brand is in the State's
February 18, 2015 10:46PM
I would take a stab and say:

GARRETT..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: What do you think the Number one selling detector brand is in the State's
February 18, 2015 10:54PM
I will take a stab and say minelab
in all likelyhood.....................Bountyhunter
February 18, 2015 10:59PM
they sell a ton of em..........
Re: in all likelyhood.....................Bountyhunter
February 18, 2015 11:12PM
Garrett ACE but Fisher Bounty and Teknetics have to have a huge share as well - so not sure on second thought maybe First Texas if that is a Brand. If not Garrett

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 18, 2015 11:12PM
I would say Garrett. The At Pro fills a mid price demand. So it along with the Ace series, probably trump bounty hunter sales.
Re: in all likelyhood.....................Bountyhunter
February 18, 2015 11:16PM
I too would of said bounty hunter a few years ago Streak...But with the advent of the internet and more online shopping than ever before I have a slight gut feeling the ace series is the top sellers in the country...

and the only reason I mention Garrett is becasue evry dealer I talk to sasy they cant keep Garretts in stock...

and more often than not when out detecting and person comes up to me or even just a casual conversation to a non detectorist they seem to know about Garrett...

Used to it was everyone ask if I had a Whites...now they seem to ask is that a Garrett or do you use a Garrett..

Bunty hunter still might be on the lead for sure but I have a Gut feeling Garrett is huge right now in the eyes of a person just entering into detecting especially..

I know when I buy a prodcut now-a-day's I do a online search for whatever it might be and buy the best I can afford from reading online reviews...microwaves,blenders, tv's etc...

Go to google and type in "best metal detector for the money"

look what come's up more often than not and has the highest user reviews...

I dont know but I have a feeling Garrett is making a ton of money off of the Ace units and then the AT series...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2015 11:29PM
Now for high end unit sales leaders, hum, Minelab sure does sell their fair share, I feel more than White's. And I feel a good gauge to render a guess is by looking at overall number of post on detecting forums; especially the forums that are subdivided among the brands and particular models. Folks with higher end detectors I feel are more likely to participate in detecting forum conversation(s). Lots of Tesoros out there too.
February 18, 2015 11:29PM
Garrett may very well be number one nationally, but I think detector brands vary by region. In Northern Virginia where I live everyone seems to have a White's, and when I show up with a Tesoro they don't seem to know what it is. A guy I hunt with who has been hunting for about a year had never seen anything but a White's until I showed him a Minelab I had. We all use the forums and know what's out there, but apparently that's not the norm.
February 18, 2015 11:31PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would take a stab and say:
>
> GARRETT..
>
> Keith

Sadly Keith, you are probably right, they sold train loads of the Ace 250.
I say sadly because they do not deserve our money or support.
I lost two detecting spots because of the stupid "Diggers" show that they PROUDLY sponsor.
I would not buy anything from them if they were the last MD'r manufacturer left in the world !!!
February 18, 2015 11:46PM
AT Pro (Garrett)...
Minelab...........
February 18, 2015 11:55PM
Will get a good share of the low end market.......Soon
February 19, 2015 12:10AM
Now we see a picture...

All manufacturers are trying to get in on the Ace craze...But its actually not a craze its a very accurate portrayal of the markets demand...

Its like they look at 2 demographics.....the budget minded...or the go in debt to get it types....Not the actual hunter type's...

In a decade from now I could see manufacturer having a fully programmable high end do it all $3000.00 unit and then a entry level $249.00 and thats it..

I hear the etrac is on the chopping block now....if nothing fills that void for Minelab which is already way overpriced you have a huge gap from a 705 to a CTX...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2015 12:55AM
I've heard that the Ace 250 is the biggest selling detector. Doesn't make alot of sense to me since there are so many newer models in the same price range with more features and better performance. Like speed.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 19, 2015 01:03AM
Currently its got to be Garrett. For a few decades it was the bounty hunter radio shack variants, EVERYONE had one though alot were either blatant junk or just not used. People buying the aces seem to be using them.
February 19, 2015 01:19AM
Remember is just not price, performance that counts toward sales #s, it's marketing. Like Keith said internet open sales up. Probably Ace and AT Pros can be bought from more places on internet and in person throughout out USA than any other brand. Hard for a detector manufacturer to get monsters sales #s using 1 or a few distributors/dealers.
Some companies are hesitant I feel for whatever reason to open up their marketing lines using more dealers/distributors/internet sales.
February 19, 2015 01:33AM
Agreed. I think whites may want to also begin to loosen up the restrictions they place on dealers. I deal w/2 guys who don t sell them for that very reason.
February 19, 2015 01:35AM
My dealer sells more Ace 250s than anything else. Everytime I go in there he is ''pushing'' one on somebody. My first machine was a Fisher F2 that I thought was a better unit than the Ace. The Euroteks seem even better than the F2 and Ace. I wonder if the overhead is a little better with the Ace machines or something? The AT pro is a great value machine that performs well in all areas, an easy recommendation. Go to youtube and search metal detecting and the first thing that comes up is Nugget Noggin who says the brand name ten times in everyone one of his videos then add the tv shows and you got a hit machine for sure. Don't forget the Pro Pointer/AT Pro Pointer. Even if someone uses another brand detector they'll still have one of those flashing the Garrett brand name everytime they recover a target.
February 19, 2015 03:52AM
I speculate Wal-Mart/Radio Shack Bounty Hunter
February 19, 2015 04:08AM
Bounty hunter
February 19, 2015 04:10AM
Hi,,,,On Feebay it's #1 Garrett Metal Detectors #2 Garrett Pin pointers #3 Whites Used Machines #4Bounty Hunter Pinpointers............There was a guy I seen on there last year that sold about 1000 Garrett 250's and the year was not up yet....I would say Garrett is the top dog..........JJ
February 19, 2015 04:43AM
I understand the Garrett Ace 250 is the best selling detector in the world.....Jack
February 19, 2015 04:55AM
Hombre Wrote:
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would take a stab and say:
> >
> > GARRETT..
> >
> > Keith
>
> Sadly Keith, you are probably right, they sold
> train loads of the Ace 250.
> I say sadly because they do not deserve our money
> or support.
> I lost two detecting spots because of the stupid
> "Diggers" show that they PROUDLY sponsor.
> I would not buy anything from them if they were
> the last MD'r manufacturer left in the world !!!

i have never tried a garrett and i realize that the color of a detector is "meaningless",
however when charlie painted 'em that god awful ugly "puke" color green, i thought at the time that if i purchased one,
i would lose it in the "grass".anyway,he finally painted one "black",so now i can look at one ,and NOT lose my lunch!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 19, 2015 07:17AM
go into outdoor sports shops and warehouses and its a box shifting operation to the shoppers with little knowledge of tektors so it could be any brand
February 19, 2015 08:00AM
My guess would be Garrett, they have built a reputation for products that work well and are easy to use successfully. Charles Garrett always was a marketing whiz and that tradition carries on there.

My second pick would be First Texas. Primarily through their Bounty Hunter line, they are the ones selling to big box stores and other traditional retail outlets so that's a lot of sales for them, especially low-end sales.
February 19, 2015 11:11AM
"When I lived in The United States I was thru the years, a resident of 5 States and also visited 18 others.
From my experience, I found 'Brand popularity' to be a [ regional ] thing.
For instance, White's were big in the Western States, Eastern States and Fisher was popular in the Eastern Southern States?
Garrett & Tesoro were popular in the Western Southern States.
I'm going back to the mid ' 80's to very late ' 90's here...things have changed considerably with the proliferation of additional brands and the rise of Online selling.
Having said that though, when I first started "The Pittsburgh Pastfinder's Club", in Pittsburgh's North Hills, our members had a [ cross section ] of brands but those were more than likely to be Top End models".

Good Hunting

Des D
February 19, 2015 12:10PM
Bounty Hunter by a mile
February 19, 2015 02:08PM
Bounty Hunter with Garrett being close second. Does anyone really know?
February 19, 2015 02:42PM
Nokta/Makro!!!!---------Seruiously--it's got to be the Wally world (and everywhere else sold) Bounty Hunters.
February 19, 2015 03:04PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I would say Garrett. The At Pro fills a mid price
> demand. So it along with the Ace series, probably
> trump bounty hunter sales.

Bounty Hunter since 'big box' stores carry them...would be my guess...these probably get bought, used a couple times to dig a few trash items, then put in the closet till the estate sale....
February 19, 2015 04:09PM
I think Bounty Hunter models are the units with the highest sales and the most garage or closet time. I think people get embarrassed to use them - not because they are Bounty Hunters but because they are metal detectors and that looks nerdy to some. When I purchased my first detector - my son wanted to make me a foil hat to wear when I went out. He said it will help me pick up more signals. - He was kidding of course.

canslawhero Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would say Garrett. The At Pro fills a mid
> price
> > demand. So it along with the Ace series,
> probably
> > trump bounty hunter sales.
>
> Bounty Hunter since 'big box' stores carry
> them...would be my guess...these probably get
> bought, used a couple times to dig a few trash
> items, then put in the closet till the estate
> sale....

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!