Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Keith Southern Have you

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Keith Southern Have you
February 19, 2015 09:58PM
run the Deus with 9" coil over your nail board sheet, like you have with CoRe and Racer's units?
And I enjoy your videos by the way. You have talked about the nickel with 12 penny nail test as being a hard test in some of our videos. And you go on to say that's one test you place a great deal of weight, in deciding for yourself to use a detector for unmasking/separating. You say there are few detectors that can pass the nickel along side 12 penny nail test. With all your experience and wisdom, could you tell what other detectors can be used and pass the test? (Understanding of course correct setttings would have to be employed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 10:06PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Keith Southern Have you
February 19, 2015 11:04PM
Well sharpshooter thank's for the kind words....

But would not call it wisdom I choose to say I have collected some data pertaining to metal detectors that helps me make choices.LOL..

the best machine Ive ever used to pass that test is the

1-Tesoro Tejon...can do it with the 5x10 DD.

2-Lobo St with stock 5x10 DD coil...

3-The 705 with 5x10 DD HF coil...and small 6 DD HF coil..Does not apply to the 70....Minelab worked on the 705 to unamsk better in iron over the 70...

4-DTVG with 5x8 DD

5-G2/GB/f19 with 5 inch or 5x10 coil,,,I actually like the 5x10 a little more than the 5 inch even in thick iron...

6-GMP with 5 inch DD nel...

7-DEUS 18khz with 9 inch is iffy but can be diggable if you are sleuth hunting.

what's the Common Denominator..? High Freq's and DD and good wide disc range in the nail region of the disc control ..

This is just one test... but it gets your attention to give it some field time for unmasking in heavy iron...

Worthy mention is the new FA mode on the F75V2 with small coil installed...yet not alot of depth, so its site specific in that depth challenged mode..

and sicne you asked about others I did not include the racer or CoRe...VERY GOOD!!

all my opinion from what ive seen..nothing is concrete..and real world hunts will flip the rotation but they all work well in iron for a reason..

but any of those machines will net you goodies in dense iron...

One other thing I actually find the DEUS to work into larger iron than a nails and pull smaller non ferrous a bit better than any when staying with stock size coils....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2015 11:19PM
Good info Keith. So have you any experience with White's units; in particular the V series with small coils? Do/will they pass the test??? Forgot to ask about MX5???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 11:25PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 20, 2015 01:04AM
And Keith since I can't edit above post. From the detectors that pass the nickel/12 penny nail test, are any besides the CoRe and Racer capable of passing the test with just basically flip of power switch with appropriate coil attached. Meaning no disc adjustments etc. And last, of those detectors you listed that pass the test, how do they compare when they are in their configuration to pass the nickel/12 penny nail test with depth of Racer and CoRe (with small coils attached)??? And maybe a consider 2 Fe bar soil for one reply. Then maybe a 4 Fe bar soil for the second reply. If ground mineralization levels do in fact effect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 01:06AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 20, 2015 07:12AM
Hello,
I have a V3i and have done this test with my own board which were not to scale with the original. I will be doing that shortly. I have to say that this was done indoors, in my living room, with EMI and no proper GB, so there are several reasons to do this over. If anyone's interested i can post results.

The results varies with frequency and what sort of coin used, but i can say that with a 10" DD coil, it is difficult to score 8/8. It did do it with a fairly large silver coin (approx 20 mm) and in 2.5hz or three freq mode. With the 6x8 SEF-coil, it separated better, but again, the relation between object and frequency is an important one. For example, the 22.5 khz frequency aces all the others on really thin/small silver, but are having trouble with large/thick/heavy silver on this test.

In any case, the V3i can be both fast and separate well, and is a very good detector, albeit a bit on the heavy side. It demands a lot of user attention, however, and if used strictly as a turn on and go-machine, there are probably better options out there.

I don't own any of the small White's coils yet, but i can't think of any reason why they shouldn't be able to do this fairly easy, especially the 4x6 and the 5.3".