Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RACER 3-TONE MODE

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
RACER 3-TONE MODE
February 20, 2015 07:57AM
Hello all! We got a few requests from customers to increase the depth on the RACER in the 3- tone mode. The depth difference between the 2-tone and 3-tone modes were designed that way on purpose. However, after reading Tom's review and getting a few requests, we decided to make the following change: At the start up settings of the device (Gain 70) , there is no change meaning there will still be a difference in depth between the 2-tone and 3-tone modes. As you start increasing the gain, you will start seeing minimal increases in depth (Gain 70 -90) and once you hit the maximum gain levels (90-99) the depth will start getting very close to the 2-tone levels at the same gain settings (90-99) without sacrificing stability.
Re: RACER 3-TONE MODE
February 20, 2015 08:36AM
Outstanding response as usual, will all Racers to the UK have this update?
February 20, 2015 09:05AM
james1969 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Outstanding response as usual, will all Racers to
> the UK have this update?

All...
February 20, 2015 10:50AM
Outstanding Nokta!!! Other companies and metal detectorists should take note of your methods/practices. In the long run = more satisfied customers. Your company's ability to make recommended changes to its own merchandise lines seem almost effortless. I think this reflects highly of your company's team, speaks volumes to your company's overall
makeup and internal management style, and your people within. Congatulations Nokta/Makro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 11:18AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 20, 2015 10:58AM
Is this really an update or just an existing feature ?
February 20, 2015 12:28PM
"Without sacrificing stability" is key!
wjs
February 20, 2015 01:25PM
"Without sacrificing stability" is key!

Exactly, otherwise you just have Di2 mode with an extra tone.
February 20, 2015 02:31PM
Excellent if it is usable gain...

it would not be DI2 with extra tone...DI3 is a different process..

DI3 Is non VCO...if there's more gain added to that mode it should be an eye opener for the 3rd tone coin hunters in modern areas especially..

let's hope it Works well in high gain..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 20, 2015 03:14PM
I've been very impressed to see a company give such a fast response to tester and customer feedback. But as a tone hunter, I didn't have much interest in a deep unit that lost about 3" of that depth when the third tone was employed.

My interest has now been piqued.

In the new deeper 90-99 gain 3 tone mode, will there be any audio modulation on deeper targets?
February 20, 2015 03:27PM
You should have no worries what so ever. I'm a coin hunter too and as is if it's like the CoRe as said, it's unreal in 3 tone with the small coil. Don't hesitate one bit.
February 21, 2015 07:07PM
I appreciate hearing your thoughts, Jack. I know you've been very impressed with the CoRe.

Besides my modulation question, my other question for Dilek is why was the Racer originally designed to have such a large difference in maximum depth between 2 and 3 tone modes?
February 21, 2015 07:18PM
marcomo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Besides my modulation question, my other question
> for Dilek is why was the Racer originally designed
> to have such a large difference in maximum depth
> between 2 and 3 tone modes?

I think that's a very good question. When I had my Fors Core, at first I thought that the DI-3 mode was messed up.....until I read from other's reviews that it was the norm. But why? I am glad that they are deepening it. Just curious.