Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How'd you like to wake up to THIS??

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How'd you like to wake up to THIS??
February 20, 2015 11:37AM
I've had ENOUGH!

I'm MOVING!

Notice the CURRENT temp. in the upper left of the picture :-(

Yes = MINUS 15 degrees NOT "15" and feels like -30 due to "windchill"!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 11:40AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: How'd you like to wake up to THIS??
February 20, 2015 11:45AM
This is better.
[www.wunderground.com]
February 20, 2015 01:16PM
Dude,I seriously could not deal with that. Im climbing the walls if it rains here,lol.
February 20, 2015 01:55PM
My outside mechanical thermometer is about to blow out a spring. It amazes me how the animals live out there, especially at night. Little warmer here, only -4 degrees F.
February 20, 2015 02:09PM
-10F here high of +5F today. Ahhh, another nice day out there

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 20, 2015 02:11PM
Man,yall are a lot tougher than me!!! Yuck!!!!
February 20, 2015 02:18PM
I moved from Wi to the Ozarks, hoping to escape that crud. Yesterday am, -11, and we had 8" of snow this week. Make sure you move far enough south!
We actually had a mild winter, up until this week. I love the Ozarks, would never want to move back up north. ( hardly any mosquitos here in summer, an added bonus, and property taxes 5x less also.)
February 20, 2015 02:29PM
I scheduled a couple days vacation so I could get a weekend off. I scheduled this back in early January. I have been working 82-84 hours a week, 7 days a week, since about late July. It was time for a break. I was going to go bass fishing one day, then go digging the next day, and then spend the weekend at a cabin getaway.

Can you guess what weekend it so happened to be that I chose?

Yep. This one. Yesterday the high was 10 degrees. That was the day I was going to go fish and that got canceled. Today was the day I was going to go digging, and it's currently 10 degrees but supposed to warm to 32-34 by this evening. BUT that is when the bad weather is supposed to come in and bring over an inch of ice in some areas and a couple/few inches of snow in others.

I sure can pick 'em.

Oh well...time off is better than none off I guess. I can always sit in the hot tub for the weekend.
February 20, 2015 02:29PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Notice the CURRENT temp. in the upper left of the
> picture :-(
>
> Yes = MINUS 15 degrees NOT "15" and feels like -30
> due to "windchill"!?

Yes, but what's that smaller picture with caption looking for marine life; found this? Looks like a canteen and cannon ball?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 20, 2015 02:42PM
I grew up in GR,never knew anything different until I got away.Still miss it,but I will be in Grand Haven in July,ahh.
February 20, 2015 02:47PM
I wish it was that warm here in Toronto. Getting ready to take the streetcar (then walk 20 minutes) to the Toronto Motorcycle Show (another hobby, I have a TMAX).
Wind Chill is -26 F here right now....
February 20, 2015 03:34PM
-28 F up here in northern Michigan. We don't have a lot of snow this year either. Hope we don't get permafrost smiling smiley. I wonder how long till the ground thaws.

It was 42 in the house this morning. Got up and got the pellet stove going.

Have a great day and all be blessed.

Rick, N. MI
February 20, 2015 03:41PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> Yes, but what's that smaller picture with caption
> looking for marine life; found this? Looks like a
> canteen and cannon ball?

Nah

it's some sort of fossil like a trilobite or the like
February 20, 2015 04:27PM
I know it sucks and it is still single digits here in southern ohio but what the heck spring is right around the corner. Lol. Yea right!!!!!
P.s. Please someone explain global warming to me one more time lmao
Corey
February 20, 2015 06:23PM
Well, don't move here! We have great weather, but governed by idiots and taxed royally. Not a lot of CW era finds and lots of hunters chasing after them. Gotta go, heading to a new beach to try out.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 20, 2015 06:36PM
MichiganRelicHunter, I feel for ya man....I REALLY do. And you have brought things into perspective for me. Here I have.......whining and moaning about this cold cold weather......and fretting that I cannot get out and detect.......and you guys up in the northern states must deal with this yearly. Usually, at this time of year, we have buttercups blooming ( or at least ALMOST blooming) at all of the old homesites!!!! Now they are bent over with a coating of ice.
But my situation is not like Daniels. I can completely understand his frustration. Workng all of those long hours, looking forward to a well-earned respite.....and then the weather turns out so foul. Me...........my situation allows me a bit more freedom to make plans (but not overnite plans). I empathize with ya guys. I love fishing for spots in Indian Creek when they come out of the water and they are almost too cold to touch. Or sauger. This is PERFECT sauger weather (without the precipitation, as they seem to quit biting during snows and ices).
February 20, 2015 09:15PM
According to the sun spot boys we are at about the same level of activity as during the middle ages little ice age. Dem Russkies say we are on verge of an increase in glaciation,but OBOLA says Naaaaaaaaaah.
February 20, 2015 11:09PM
dang! thought i had it bad...ice storm down this way, day and a half without power till they got it up and running. cabin fever for sure.

stay warm bud!!
February 21, 2015 12:01AM
I'm real sick of waking up to this. It was -8 when I went to work this morning. Add the wind and it's sickening.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 21, 2015 01:15AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> According to the sun spot boys we are at about the
> same level of activity as during the middle ages
> little ice age. Dem Russkies say we are on verge
> of an increase in glaciation,but OBOLA says
> Naaaaaaaaaah.

That's some funny schit doc = Obola!

And sure is funny how they keep trying to push that BS global warming crap off on us when it's been 9000 degrees below zero for weeks on end for the past 2 or3 winters in a row!
February 22, 2015 05:24AM
I would rather wake up to this if I had my choice. Looks a lot warmer.
February 22, 2015 10:24AM
Wasn't expecting that.....It does beat looking at snow, though. lol.
February 22, 2015 01:47PM
khouse Wrote:
> I would rather wake up to this if I had my choice.
> Looks a lot warmer.
> [laodong.com.vn]
> _22/dv%20(7)_IDDG.jpg

LoL

looks a lot more FUN too ;-)
February 22, 2015 08:32PM
The Dallas area is about to shut down because of a "wintery mix". We're not prepared for that storm..lol. If got to -15 degrees here, I think most of the population would be wiped out. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 08:33PM by aguerrero56.