Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

racer vs impact

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
racer vs impact
February 21, 2015 11:35AM
Going to cancel my order on the Racer today..until I know what the status of the Impact....To confusing at this time
Re: racer vs impact
February 21, 2015 12:00PM
I am pretty sure it is Kellyco s Racer.

As they dont sell Makro.

Nokta/Makro have learned a lot from First Texas it seems.
February 21, 2015 12:35PM
A statement from Nokta ( I forget the Woman's Name) could clear this up in a hurry. In fact I was surprised this morning when I didn't see one.

But Iron Audio, Notch Discrimination, and tone break adjustment are wonderful features and worth waiting on. Especially if it is right around the corner and cheaper.

I have the Racer Pro Pack ordered, but I guarantee I won't go through with it until Nokta/Makro makes a statement.

That add caught this forum and others completely by surprise. I don't expect the Nokta/Makro company to spill the beans on everything they do, but now I'm committed to getting the best bang for the buck.
February 21, 2015 12:45PM
I agree it would be nice to hear from them. But if the mystery detector exist and can be had for same $$$ with same performance with a few additional niceties,, what explanation would make sense and drive you you go thru with the Racer??? BTW, her name is Dilek, I believe. May turn out, they are their own worst enemy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 12:46PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 12:54PM
PS: Not rattling chains mind you.
wjs
February 21, 2015 01:08PM
I hope they tweak the Di3 mode like they are going to do on the racer. I would like to see a manual to see how the notch works. Is it one variable or multiple?
February 21, 2015 01:16PM
I am really surprised that there has been NO comment from them (her).. maybe because it is Saturday.....They should try and hurry and explain as time is slipping and some of the excitement is also
February 21, 2015 01:28PM
They're 7 hrs ahead of us over in Turkey (EST) so I'm sure they haven't even seen this dilemma posted here yet as it all came to light yesterday most likely AFTER they closed up shop for the weekend and that's why they haven't responded yet...
February 21, 2015 01:53PM
Notka/Makro Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth Oldsmobile/Chevrolet Ford/Lincoln

Pick your flavor, vinyl or leather...................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 21, 2015 01:58PM
I think it's closer to Chevrolet truck vs GMC truck. And I still never have understood that one. I mean does one get the fine touch, the other the rough, driving the extra $$$ for the GMC???? A Racer deluxe anyone or is it Impact???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 02:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 02:13PM
G2+ vs F19... My question is which does Dilek represent? Makro or Nokta? Both? Still two companies but im thinking Nokta owns 51% of Makro? Well idk. We may see soon enough..could be like F75 vs T2 one more for relics and one for coins? Or both the same but slightly diff features so they can please everyone so to speak? Im in the middle of another snow storm so i have time to play guessing games lol
February 21, 2015 02:33PM
Impact purposely leaked by Kellyco (US Notka Distributor) in my opinion to hurt the US Makro distributors pre-order sales............?
Kellyco wants it all? And you wonder why many don't like Kellyco...

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 21, 2015 02:46PM
Possibly, but to have the 2 brand names floating around, one can be bought here, the other bought there. One has this, the other that. A good solid KISS principled set of detectors being mired imo. The US market is thirsty I feel, and folks love efficiency. Just think if all their detectors carried the same name, and offered all of their detectors straight up with the different feature sets, with the additional feature sets maybe being a little more costly, no problems imo. And to have them ALL offered by any and all dealers who sell any of their products. So KISS detector would be marketed/sold in a KISS fashion. No weeds to beat back at all. My 2 and 5/8 cents worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 02:48PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 02:51PM
Sven1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Impact purposely leaked by Kellyco (US Notka
> Distributor) in my opinion to hurt the US Makro
> distributors pre-order sales............?
> Kellyco wants it all? And you wonder why many
> don't like Kellyco...

Sven got that one right, if Kelleyco was the last dealer/distributor left on the planet, I would not buy from them.

There are many used analog White's and Tesoros that I would rather use anyway!!!!
February 21, 2015 02:59PM
If the Impact is a kellyco exclusive I would be fine with not buying one. A monopoly type situation that Kellyco likes to use to their advantage at a cost to we the consumer has been a big turnoff for me for a long time . I will support the genuine caring smaller local or semi local dealer anytime over the big mail order fiasco . Not that long ago Kellyco was considered a bad word on many forums but their big money put into forum sponsorship has changed that it would appear . How many times have they sold a bunch of a hot item when they new they were on back order but never told we the buyers up front ???
February 21, 2015 03:32PM
Marketing flaw by Nokta to give Kellyco the possibility to leak their information.

But they are in for the dollars and are hungry.

With that said, wouldnt a brand new american made detector taste good.

Now that they have been whipped, punched on the nose, kicked in the arse and hurt with their own blood.

They can " copy " lol, Nokta/Makro any day.
February 21, 2015 04:02PM
This entire drama is very interesting.
For the last month I was seeing such adulation for Makro/Nokta/Dilek I was expecting someone to bequeath their fortune to the company and propose to Dilek for responding to a few simple questions and suggestions. Now people are cancelling orders and throwing the company under the bus because they find out their "seat in the Boardroom" is simply an ear to the keyhole. I suspect Makro/Nokta is rapidly understanding why few detector manufacturers maintain any presence on the internet besides their own websites.
Oh what a fickle bunch the detectorist community is!!!
February 21, 2015 04:09PM
Amen Shoveler! What a shame.
February 21, 2015 04:20PM
Don't show me the left hand and pretend to have nothing in the right hand. Up to this very week Nokta was on here promoting a price decrease for the Fors Core. From what I have seen in this new add the Fors Core is now a very bad deal. I will give them time to explain things and tell their side of the story. I realize there is always two sides, but at this point my trust is low in them and I'm really about to puke on Kellyco.
February 21, 2015 04:29PM
I have to agree with Shoveler in this. Good post!
February 21, 2015 04:36PM
Yep they had an ace up their sleeve that they didn't share with us. So what.
February 21, 2015 04:47PM
I would call it unethical business practices by KC. Maybe it would be a reason to break a contract they have with KC to sell Nokta products, hopefully. They obviously wanted a piece of the Racer pie looks like. KC hasn't since my very first detector years ago got a cent of my money. I like used or any dealer besides them.
February 21, 2015 04:49PM
So What? I guess you have a point. It is only a detector. I will wait for Nokta to come on here and make a statement. Dilek spent a couple months here earning people's trust and getting them to invest in their detectors. And all that has gone to crap in 24 hours. Do you think she is thinking so what? And not just here. Check out Findmall and Gary's in the UK. I had little doubt that a better detector would someday come along, but it looks like we were not having that honest relationship she was promoting. The customer is always right. At least when I am the customer. I remain respectful, but would like some clarification before I invest my money.
February 21, 2015 04:54PM
I for one, am not throwing them under the bus. I've stated I like their detectors and I in fact have one. I do question their marketing tactics though. I mean they are the ones who declared their merge, not anyone on this forum, even me. In doing so seems we may have been taking for granted i.e. Core unit works as Racer, vice versa. And right now more or less this is the case. But in future releases we could get caught if we're not careful. And when folks pay, they do want or think they are getting the best(most up to date) mousetrap. And to see another mousetrap with maybe a stronger spring materialize before you've even took possession of the mouse trap you so graciously ordered, well automatic dissatisfaction/confidence/wanting suffer.
February 21, 2015 05:19PM
I for one wouldn't lose trust in Dilek/Nokta/Makro, they, she, has been very good doing what all detector companies won't. Most people don't use KC except when they have a monopoly on a product and then some just wait if that's the case. Still you gotta see how well their machines perform.
February 21, 2015 05:25PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Iron Audio, Notch Discrimination, and tone
> break adjustment are wonderful features and worth
> waiting on. Especially if it is right around the
> corner and cheaper.
> I don't expect the Nokta/Makro
> company to spill the beans on everything they do,
> but now I'm committed to getting the best bang for
> the buck.

Hit the nail on the head Goodmore. Those are great features to wait for. I don't think anyone is purposely throwing Notka/Makro under the bus. In fact, these/this company is a breath of fresh air to the industry, and other Mfg. would do well to emulate. People are just a little confused at the moment, sounds more like a distributor faux pas.
February 21, 2015 05:26PM
I have noticed XP has stayed away from Big K. Has it helped or hurt them, XP that is?? I have opinion but will reserve. Might be construed as "chain rattling" lol.
February 21, 2015 05:30PM
Buy American Made, save the jobs and keep them here. Simple Solution !!
February 21, 2015 05:41PM
Again...why the name ..."Impact"? Maybe this is just a ploy...a test...but for the life of me I don't know why?

Personally I still trust Nokta/Makro...they seem genuine and have been honest and good to me.

I have a Fors CoRe...I bought it used and paid a higher price than what is now offered...I even bought the smaller coil from KC because I wanted one. There were no real discounts for me...I made my own "package". I am not complaining or worried about my loss...because sometimes life doesn't always go my way. I do not have a lot of extra cash laying around either...I am retired. I wanted the best deal...but I wanted the Fors CoRe now...and I ended out in a loss. I also realize that if I wanted to sell my Fors CoRe today that I would lose money...but that happens from time to time.

Sorry to ramble...this is just my situation.

But why did they name it "Impact"? (It certainly lived up to it's name.)

Charles
February 21, 2015 05:48PM
I agree Charles. Maybe they should have named it the Boss or even Hoss, or try this one- the Discriminator, or even the "Intimidator. That's my favorite. Has a good ring to it, the "Nokta Intimidator".