Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

racer vs impact

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: racer vs impact
February 21, 2015 05:51PM
If I were you Charles I would try to get something back from Nokta. A 40% reduction in price is great for everyone except the people who bought them previously. I won't hold anything against Nokta at this point because maybe it wasn't their fault that Kellyco ran an ad that they weren't supposed to yet. We had the Gold Bug and then the G2, which were similar but not the same price, and not many complained. I think Nokta/Makro has been a refreshing change in the detecting world as far as how they deal with the customer. But how they market their line of detectors is really up to them. They're trying to do the best they can to turn a profit. Now why there has been no response on their part on this subject when they responded so quickly on everything else is surprising.
February 21, 2015 05:55PM
TNSS--point well taken and this point needs to be addressed.
February 21, 2015 06:47PM
If the Impact is truly a different Detector then they or Kellyco shot Nokta in the foot. It will hurt Racer sales for sure. If they are the same detector with different brand and color then no issue. It sounds like it is truly a different detector. So Ouch!

Not everyone that buys a detector reads this forum. (But they should). So if it was a mistake and it is being suppressed in the other more heavily sponsored forums then maybe the mistake was caught quick enough to have minimal impact

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 21, 2015 07:01PM
Kellyco pushing Noktas will result in higher profits.

Giving them to much info to fast is redicilous.

A tremendeous marketing error, like an earthquake.
February 21, 2015 07:04PM
I think the only thing to be concerned about is that Kellyco leaked some info that Im sure was not supposed to be seen yet.. and you Know why...

The pic is In black and white and a mock up probably sent as a proto style picture to Nokta dealers...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2015 07:11PM
The bad thing is it just wasn't the new model detector leaked, but price as well. I wonder who will be paying for all the lip stick?? Cause its gonna take a lot..........
February 21, 2015 07:23PM
Doesn't much matter to me because I don't buy from Kellyco anyway. When I first ordered the Gold Bug at an intro price I was told that they were in stock and would be shipped that day. I received it four weeks later, but my bank account received it within an hour of my purchase.
February 21, 2015 07:24PM
Fly in the ointment comes to mind...

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2015 08:06PM
Some possible fixes. Go ahead and put the impact detector out there. Not sell it but announce it's coming with a release date. Might consider extending Racer unit warranty to 4 years for original purchaser. Not for the up and coming impact detector. One thing I noticed is the big k impact add I saw don't think it mentioned a propack with multiple coils. Another recommendation . For the Racer buyers, consider selling racer at price stated with just the 7x11" coil and throw the small coil in as bonus. Another recommendation, Sell Racer at already advertised prices, and have an agreement for buyer to get a discount on future detector purchase. Leave things be and let the Racer's be absorbed, process will obviously be slower. Could consider stopping the presses on them altogether and let the impact detector show the way. So there are choices to be had.

Aside from impact detector goings on, I do feel Nokta/Makro should consider extending their warranty period. Five years would be very good. Warranty could read for 3 years transferable additional 2 years original purchaser only, or say maybe 5 year limited warranty, First 3 years covered and transferable , last 2 years detector is covered original purchaser only and they pay transportation cost to and fro.

I'm sure much discussion is being had at the round tables. They will figure it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 08:34PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 08:18PM
"
Warranty could read for original purchaser only"

That would be a big mistake if the warranty is not transferable - that is why I won't even consider buying a used Fisher detector even if it is only 2 or 3 months old - a non transferable warranty is bush league as far as I am concerned - at least you don't have that issue with a Whites or a Minelab product and maybe even a Garrett.
February 21, 2015 08:28PM
Next thing you know is that we are going to find out that a guy who has been posing as an American---AIN'T.
February 21, 2015 08:34PM
DonM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "
> Warranty could read for original purchaser only"
>
> That would be a big mistake if the warranty is not
> transferable - that is why I won't even consider
> buying a used Fisher detector even if it is only 2
> or 3 months old - a non transferable warranty is
> bush league as far as I am concerned - at least
> you don't have that issue with a Whites or a
> Minelab product and maybe even a Garrett.

Yes, doing away with the transferable warranty would be a BIG mistake.------The transferable warranty is one of the things that is a big draw (for any brand detector).------It would be very nice to see them go to a 3 yr. transferable warranty (like Minelab).------Failing to do that----extend that original purchaser warranty out to 5 yrs. (like FT).
February 21, 2015 08:41PM
Some good points D&P and Don. To seriously get in the game they need to pony up and commit like the rest of the big dogs. I think XP did themselves a lot of good going the 5 year route.
February 21, 2015 08:43PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Next thing you know is that we are going to find
> out that a guy who has been posing as an
> American---AIN'T.

Doc,
Who do you suspect is an imposter???
February 21, 2015 08:48PM
Some of you guys may very well have it right but at some point I think Nokta will respond and until they do I see all of this as pure speculation.

Personally I think Nokta has done real well. I can just imagine what the design engineers are thinking with all the changes requested and told to make.

I will get blasted for this but here it is anyway. Nokta built a good machine in the CoRe and most was happy with its performance. They announced the Racer and all of a sudden it was a must have. They did tie the two together but left it up to the consumer to decide to buy or not. I think that everyone thought that the Racer was going to be something special performance wise over the CoRe and really it is not. Now everyone wants to cancel their Racer orders because of the Impact. Where does it end?

If KCo did do as some has suggested here I hope Nokta drops them flat.

If their is actually a new Impact that has more requested features to be released just remember we ask for the features and they built it. Playing games with release dates--maybe.
February 21, 2015 08:49PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Next thing you know is that we are going to
> find
> > out that a guy who has been posing as an
> > American---AIN'T.
>
> Doc,
> Who do you suspect is an imposter???

Doc------If you are referring to Hombre (Randy)-------he's a Kansas boy & a good guy---I know him personally.-------His biggest flaw is that he likes to buy American made--huh Randy! smiling smiley
February 21, 2015 09:01PM
Well I didn't want to start another thread on the subject, but the silence from Nokta/Makro speaks volumes to me. They are obviously in damage control mode. I'll make it easy for them. Just announce the Impact with specs/date and price. I'll decide which detector to purchase. I believe March 3rd is Racer release here in the states. I sure would appreciate some clarification before then. Some of those features that I THINK are on the Impact I would love to have. I just want the info so I can make a choice.

Now the Negative: It looks like you were not going to give us a choice. Sell the Racer and then release the Impact. If that was indeed the plan I would like to remind you that a few of us felt slighted when the Fors Core was purchased right before the Racer release info. Not that I think we should be sitting on the board of your company, but you have a limited clientele and you were using the forum to act like the communication lines were open.

And Kellyco? Well they just added a few more customers to the DO NOT TRUST list. I feel that info was posted for a reason and not a mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 09:04PM by goodmore.
February 21, 2015 09:14PM
Well Notka/Makro's history seems to be that they don't post much on the weekends, so maybe they're just not online this weekend, and they haven't seen any of these posts, nor the Kellyco Impact ad. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 04:42AM by Shenandoah Digger.
February 21, 2015 09:43PM
One more thing about the Impact ad showing up on the Kellyco site - they might have shot themselves in the foot because anyone thinking of buying a Fors CoRe on sale now knows that they can get an Impact for just a little more money

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 09:44PM by DonM.
February 21, 2015 09:50PM
TNSS: Hint--AXE me no questions and I will tell you no lies ie; if you like yo Doctor----
February 21, 2015 10:07PM
Goodmore, you made some good points. I think besides the big k slip up, there's another lesson for Nokta/Makro. I think they would have been better off just talking about the detector and yes letting the testers have at them, and broadcast performance results, which is what they did. I do however feel they should have never discussed specific price. Maybe instead a price window i.e. say propack for between MRSP $700-900. In doing so they protect themselves and can always lower. And I don't think money should be exchanged for preordered detectors. I had rather see dealers instead take preorders only for returning customers (trust issue/loyalty). Nokta/Makro or any detector company for that matter then have more options available in case of as Keith says, "a fly in the ointment". Running a business can be difficult, and yes the unexpected can happen. And if I was Nokta/Makro I would probably keep my cards a little closer in the future to my chest in lieu of showing them to say dealers. The ole saying money talks and bs walks probably fits in to this situation somewhere, somehow.

And I wonder, what keeps Nokta/Makro from selling directly to the public. Are there any laws against?? Would be nice if I could call Turkey, tell them what I want and have it delievered to my door. Any thoughts on this?? And yes you could still have dealers/distributors as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 10:17PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 10:42PM
I'm thinking that the Impact might be geared more for coin shooting than the Racer. I look at it this way; Nokta/Makro is still a relatively new company that appears to be attempting to make changes in the way manufacturers attend to the consumer's desires. In doing so, they will make some mistakes but if their end goal is to provide quality products at a fair price with good customer service, I for one am willing to cut them some slack.

It appears that the Racer is a quality machine and it still remains on my short list for an upgrade. I for one, have no interest in making a purchase from KC simply for the way they post deceptive value for their bundle accessories. I wouldn't put it past them to prematurely put out information to slow the momentum of Racer sales though.
February 21, 2015 11:18PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Goodmore, you made some good points. I think
> besides the big k slip up, there's another lesson
> for Nokta/Makro. I think they would have been
> better off just talking about the detector and yes
> letting the testers have at them, and broadcast
> performance results, which is what they did. I do
> however feel they should have never discussed
> specific price. Maybe instead a price window i.e.
> say propack for between MRSP $700-900. In doing
> so they protect themselves and can always lower.
> And I don't think money should be exchanged for
> preordered detectors. I had rather see dealers
> instead take preorders only for returning
> customers (trust issue/loyalty). Nokta/Makro or
> any detector company for that matter then have
> more options available in case of as Keith says,
> "a fly in the ointment". Running a business can
> be difficult, and yes the unexpected can happen.
> And if I was Nokta/Makro I would probably keep my
> cards a little closer in the future to my chest in
> lieu of showing them to say dealers. The ole
> saying money talks and bs walks probably fits in
> to this situation somewhere, somehow.
>
> And I wonder, what keeps Nokta/Makro from selling
> directly to the public. Are there any laws
> against?? Would be nice if I could call Turkey,
> tell them what I want and have it delievered to my
> door. Any thoughts on this?? And yes you could
> still have dealers/distributors as well.
Most generally the manufacturer or distributor that sells direct usually sells (suposed to) at full retail with no discounts at all. But I know 2 distributors (not manufacturers) that indeed sell at discounts. This means a small dealer's neighbor can get a discounted machine from the dealers distributor.
February 23, 2015 12:18AM
Kellyco pulled the impact ad at Nokta dilek's request...
February 23, 2015 08:38AM
I have to admit that the Racer was their first machine that caught my interest, but in the end, it wasn't really different enough from the T2 LTD2 or F75 LTD2 that I already have to justify getting one. The Impact, now that is quite a bit different from the T2 LTD2 and F75 LTD2, and it has piqued my interest.... interesting world we live in, even though we may or may not agree with their (Nokta) actions/timing, marketing, whatever you care to call it, the Impact appears to be a very interesting machine, and it's amazing that a company is able to listen to consumers at the level they've been doing so.

Who knows, in the end, they may just end up building the perfect machine, hopefully it's not a KC exclusive... time will tell.
February 23, 2015 09:07AM
Buy American, be safe.
February 23, 2015 08:31PM
shoveler Wrote:
> This entire drama is very interesting.
> For the last month I was seeing such adulation for
> Makro/Nokta/Dilek I was expecting someone to
> bequeath their fortune to the company and propose
> to Dilek for responding to a few simple questions
> and suggestions. Now people are cancelling orders
> and throwing the company under the bus because
> they find out their "seat in the Boardroom" is
> simply an ear to the keyhole. I suspect
> Makro/Nokta is rapidly understanding why few
> detector manufacturers maintain any presence on
> the internet besides their own websites.
> Oh what a fickle bunch the detectorist community
> is!!!

The tides change quickly don't they?? That's (unfortunately) very common on the forums, and yes, even the famed Dankowski forum. Pack mentality.
I think its in bad taste to pre-order the latest and greatest, and then cancel it due to a rumor that something else just "might" be on the horizon. That throws a lot under the bus.
Better option would be to wait till the dust settles on ANY machine, and then have a go at it. I own a LOT of machines, and am perfectly content to use them till any particular new machine is thoroughly field proven by a number of folks, before even considering purchasing it. The frenzy over new releases has always befuddled me.........................
February 23, 2015 10:34PM
Jeeez! Nokta/Makro has a hiccup,and some folks are ready to hang Dilek,lol.
February 24, 2015 11:27AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> TNSS: Hint--AXE me no questions and I will tell
> you no lies ie; if you like yo Doctor----
READ MY LIPS NO NEW TAXES...BUSH
February 24, 2015 12:56PM
I also have a window in the seasons where I need to detect very early because of vegetation and bugs. That is why I am on the preorder list. I did not cancel my order because of the Impact news. I merely wanted to make sure I was getting the best detector from the manufacturer for the money. I didn't think that Nokta/Makro were never going to release a better detector, but if it is only a few weeks out I could wait and still hit the back of my season window. This company is still young and really has no track record. I am the customer. And I am always right when I am. There is information leakage coming from somewhere. I bought into the Fors Core ( used ) not knowing of the rocker switch replacement. But others did know. So don't be quick to criticize those of us that feel like we are not in the information loop. We are merely looking out for those with limited funds like myself. If you can' t ask the tough questions then why ask any at all? And I feel I did that with respect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 01:02PM by goodmore.