Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xp Deus Expert Menu Questions

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xp Deus Expert Menu Questions
February 21, 2015 03:38PM
I am trying to buy a XP Deus. I can either get the remote and coil OR the backphones and coil, I can't afford both. My questions is has anyone found a way to access the reactivity setting on the backphones? Or is there a way around it? Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 03:39PM by Hungarian.
Re: Xp Deus Expert Menu Questions
February 21, 2015 03:49PM
You will not get full access to all the menus with the headphone remotes.
If you have to use one or the other , i would opt for the remote in a heartbeat , especially if you expect to ever avail yourself of the pinpointing feature and it's 4 different modes. A small adapter cord with a volume control allows you to run other headphones but you do lose the wireless function. It's a choice between full feature accessibility or wireless operation.
Give up the wireless!
February 21, 2015 04:08PM
OK, I played with my unit. To my knowledge the only way to get a reactivity/silencer change using just the headphones with no remote is this. You have to have some programs built into the slots using the remote with the different reactivity/silencer settings. So after this building and saving programs, the headphones with stick and coil will work (stay) in the reactivity/silencer that were built originally and saved. So if you have a friend or dealer with remote (AFTER PAIRING) with your coil, you could build your programs and and then in the field use your deus setup without remote. There are enough slots for programs to make it work but, IMO could be awkward. I would opt for remote vs the headphones. Remember there is a headphone jack on remote. Hope this info helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 04:10PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 21, 2015 04:28PM
And to add, I don't think the capability currently exist. But XP could have provided a way using PC with patch cable connected to headphones. In doing so, one could have built programs with all settings, able to be adjusted without the need for a remote. They may want to consider this in the future.
February 21, 2015 04:44PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply and check things out for me, I appreciate it. I may just go with the phones and buy the remote a year or so later.
February 21, 2015 04:58PM
Hungarian,
You are so welcome. The remote wore inside one's pocket with volume up seems to work pretty good. For the windy days and nosier areas the wired phones will do. Also, I might mention, XP does offer a wired set of phones, not too expensive. I'm bringing this up because the XP version may come with the 90 degree bend connector for a better fit with remote. Cheers.
February 21, 2015 05:58PM
I would suggest the remote over the headphones. Like SShooter/Shoveler had mentioned, you could put the remote in your shirt pocket and or purchase some less expensive phones with a 1/8" plug in and they would work just fine. With the remote in your pocket, you will still not be wired to the detector. That would allow for more adjustments with less hassle via remote.. Either way, best of luck!
February 21, 2015 10:17PM
Thanks guys!