Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

REGARDING THE IMPACT POSTS

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
REGARDING THE IMPACT POSTS
February 22, 2015 08:53PM
Hello all... I have been reading the posts regarding Impact.... I know most of you are looking for more info.
I will give you more insight but please bear with me as it is almost 11pm here and I believe it will take me more than a few sentences to respond.
So I am leaving it for tomorrow. I really hate to keep you waiting but I want to make sure that I explain it in the most sincere way possible yet not mislead anybody.
Although this happened out of our control, I still apologize from everybody that it caused confusion for some members.
Re: REGARDING THE IMPACT POSTS
February 22, 2015 08:59PM
Good night Nokta, sweet dreams.
February 22, 2015 09:02PM
I await clarification with open ears and mind. Thank you for responding.
February 22, 2015 10:34PM
This is called damage control lets see how see spins it. She's has a tough job thanks to kellyco.
February 22, 2015 10:41PM
Cancelled my racer due to confusion
February 23, 2015 01:32AM
Maybe this will cause Nokta to look at Other distribution channels.
February 23, 2015 01:48AM
I hope you don't feel like a dealer should never be able to just tell you oh well that detector I told I would sell you for this much, I just sold it to someone else who gave me more money you. I guess I don't get it. I knew exactly what I was ordering and am looking forward to the Racer. Maybe it is just me but telling someone to order something and then telling them you do not want it tells me all I need to know. Good luck with Kellyco and the Impact.
February 23, 2015 02:12AM
Wow, kellyco really screwed this up for Nokta. They could have sold tons of Racers and then shortly after they could have have announced the Impact to make even more money. Now a bunch of Racers are not going to sell because people are going to wait on the Impact.
February 23, 2015 11:06AM
She must have slept in the am.......Seet dreams I guess
February 23, 2015 11:58AM
I do tend to agree with JD Digger.
Everyone that preordered was more than glad and could not get their new Racer fast enough. Now they can't wait to get the Impact and they don't even have the specs much less know what features it really has.

Also I think everyone should just hold tight and see what Nokta has to say.

JD Digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope you don't feel like a dealer should never
> be able to just tell you oh well that detector I
> told I would sell you for this much, I just sold
> it to someone else who gave me more money you. I
> guess I don't get it. I knew exactly what I was
> ordering and am looking forward to the Racer.
> Maybe it is just me but telling someone to order
> something and then telling them you do not want it
> tells me all I need to know. Good luck with
> Kellyco and the Impact.
wjs
February 23, 2015 01:12PM
I hope they just go ahead and add the other features to the racer if possible. Even if it has notch capabilities you don't have to use them..........;o)
February 23, 2015 03:30PM
Hi,,,I'm speculating that Kellyco seen the enthusiasm in the Racer worldwide, so since they are the only Nokta dealer in the U.S. they contacted Nokta to make them a similar unit with more wanted features.....They probably contracted them to make 1000? units at $???.???.??.....The posting early was not a mistake, even the name and bogus B&W picture reek of foul play not to mention the way it was priced....The picture was done in photo shop cause the red is bleeding through by the name in the back and the letterings is off in a few places....I also notice there was no mention of VCO audio mode etc...I'm just rambling on with no facts so take it as that.......JJ
February 23, 2015 04:28PM
This is going to be interesting maybe they will make us all happy and offer us a choice but then again it maybe too late

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 23, 2015 04:53PM
I wouldn't put it past Kellyco to try and knee-cap the competition by leaking this information early to disrupt sales amongst their competitors. The Impact was probably scheduled for release later on this year, but after they saw how crazy people were getting anticipating the Racer release, they pulled this stunt.

If that's what really happened, I'm going to end up getting a Racer, just so I don't have to support Kellyco.
February 23, 2015 05:10PM
Mojave Wrote:
> Wow, kellyco really screwed this up for Nokta.
> They could have sold tons of Racers and then
> shortly after they could have have announced the
> Impact to make even more money. Now a bunch of
> Racers are not going to sell because people are
> going to wait on the Impact.

also, in general, I think folks are probably aware that 'NokMak', tm has more 'new' models in the pipeline, so maybe it's better to just wait a bit longer and see what's coming along for
the summer....etc....especially with the price points so close together....
February 24, 2015 12:44AM
Hello all… As promised, I wanted to give you the insight on the Impact posts that have been going around for the past few days which caused a lot of confusion.
First of all, I will repeat a few things that were already mentioned in our Makro acquisition announcement so I am sorry if it is repetition for some of you guys but I see a lot of confusion about Nokta and Makro brands in general apart from the ‘’Impact’’ posts. Nokta and Makro were 2 separate manufacturers owned by 2 brothers in the past with their own distribution channels. Although the companies were owned by 2 brothers, they were competitors just like they were competing against other brands in the industry. A few years ago, Nokta bought certain shares of Makro and started to develop products for them and as of December 2014, Nokta completely bought out Makro. In short, there is one manufacturer with 2 different brands right now. The merger gave us grounds to offer customers a richer product portfolio at different price points.

You need to understand that Nokta and Makro have had different distribution channels simply because they were 2 separate companies in the past and many of our customers wanted it to keep it that way after the merger. As the Makro RACER created a lot of excitement around the world, some Nokta dealers asked for new products under the Nokta brand name as well. Basically there were 2 things in discussion with certain resellers:

1) Rebranding the Makro RACER under the Nokta brand name

2) Nokta’s future projects including the ‘’Impact’’

With option number 1, there were a few emails exchanged however when the situation was evaluated, the final decision was not to rebrand the RACER but rather wait for the future Nokta projects and ‘’Impact’’ was the one in discussion. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and confusion at the Kellyco end certain posts were made for a product that we had decided not to move forward with already. When I saw the posts, I personally made the call and asked them to be removed.
So to clarify it even further – Currently no product called ‘’Impact’’ exists at this time. There is a project called ‘’Impact’’ in the works which is really very early to talk about but that project has nothing to do with RACER in terms of design, features, specs etc. The features or specs have not been implemented or tested yet. The price point-definitely above the RACER range. RACER customers should not be concerned as there is no Nokta product being launched as seen in the images in the Impact posts.
There are some posts accusing us of being not honest where I personally made every effort to be as sincere as I could. However, honesty does not mean we can share all our future projects on public forums. No manufacturer could afford to do that.
This is all I will share for now but I will be here to answer questions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.
February 24, 2015 12:55AM
Sounds like JW might need firing! Dilek thank you very much.
February 24, 2015 12:57AM
Thank you Dilek can't wait for my Racer to get here! Have heard nothing but good things from those who have one in their hands.
J.D. Digger
February 24, 2015 01:04AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Sounds like JW might need firing! Dilek thank you
> very much.

I would never put it that way as I, myself, may be at fault, too, in terms of the miscommunication, who knows, as there were many things discussed but nothing was intentional.
February 24, 2015 01:10AM
Dilek,
I read your post and enjoy your information sharing. The one question I have is. Why did it take you so long to respond??? I mean your response, the only new information is about the Impact project. And evidently you knew of it last week when you had Kellyco remove the Impact information from their site. And don't take this wrong, I like how you communicate here on this forum.
February 24, 2015 01:22AM
Looks like a couple of wheels fell off the Impact wagon.

Time to reorder the preorder Racer or maybe wait.

Still think Kelly Co. tried to pull a fast one.
I hope by the time the Impact hits the market Nokta has more dealers to chose from.
February 24, 2015 01:26AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Dilek,
> I read your post and enjoy your information
> sharing. The one question I have is. Why did it
> take you so long to respond??? I mean your
> response, the only new information is about the
> Impact project. And evidently you knew of it last
> week when you had Kellyco remove the Impact
> information from their site. And don't take this
> wrong, I like how you communicate here on this
> forum.

I don't take it wrong at all....you can ask me anything you like....When I read the posts, it was Friday night and to be honest with you I could not post anything until: 1) I shared all with my management as this not one of those regular posts as I represent the company here 2) I, myself, figured out how and why this happened not to put anybody at fault ....hope you understand.
February 24, 2015 02:53AM
Thank you Dilek for responding. Love my CoRe unit by the way.
February 24, 2015 03:31AM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dilek,
> > I read your post and enjoy your information
> > sharing. The one question I have is. Why did
> it
> > take you so long to respond??? I mean your
> > response, the only new information is about the
> > Impact project. And evidently you knew of it
> last
> > week when you had Kellyco remove the Impact
> > information from their site. And don't take
> this
> > wrong, I like how you communicate here on this
> > forum.
>
> I don't take it wrong at all....you can ask me
> anything you like....When I read the posts, it was
> Friday night and to be honest with you I could not
> post anything until: 1) I shared all with my
> management as this not one of those regular posts
> as I represent the company here 2) I, myself,
> figured out how and why this happened not to put
> anybody at fault ....hope you understand.

That you for your reply and time.....
February 24, 2015 07:09AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Sounds like JW might need firing! Dilek thank you
> very much.

ohhhh! sh8t!..not (j.w.!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 24, 2015 03:04PM
From the images that where posted on Kellyco site I would say the project called Impact had at least been conceptualized since the features listed and picture of screen show a unit close but different. I do not believe Kellyco made up what they posted. They may however misunderstood is was not a true product but only a conceptual proposal of a new product. Also some proposed cost target must of been discussed you do not post a price unless you have some idea of cost and market placement.

My guess is Kellyco pressured Nokta for something to compete with the Racer - they where presented with some detailed info on "project impact" including features a picture and price point. The confusion came in regarding when and if the "Project Impact" would come to market as presented. Kellyco wanted it - the "project impact" looked real and they decided to tease the market with the ad knowing it would slow some sales of the racer. I do feel that they really felt this "project impact" was further down the road then it appears it actually is.

Nothing evil on either sides part Nokta trying to appease their largest US customer - Kellyco - with info on a product they would get to compete with the Racer, and Kellyco just trying to take market share from competition - that is business. So let's forgive and be excited that there will be something coming Down the line from Nokta with a different feature set and price point then Racer - more choices.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 24, 2015 04:05PM
Thank you for the update, Dilek. The fear was that the Impact was going to come out soon after the Racer, which would make many of us who are considering a Racer purchase in the near future reconsider if it would be worth waiting a little longer for a better detector. Sounds like the Impact is just a concept at this point, with no specifics, and won't be out for quite a while. I see no reason to wait... I've been looking forward to the Racer for a little while and will most likely order one once they are readily available.

To everyone who was worried... there is ALWAYS going to be a new detector on the horizon. Don't let it stop you from enjoying what's available now. The Racer looks to be a very good detector at a very competitive price. I think it'll provide years of good detecting until something else comes along.
February 24, 2015 04:30PM
I think Kelly Co got spanked because they also need this company it is still new and fresh and yes they won't be selling the Racer so they need a new machine, their sales on the CoRe may change with all of the hype of the racer...OH well lets get back to hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 24, 2015 06:10PM
The Impact is probably real and this is all back peddle from kellyco jumping the gun. Make sure all racer buyers get theirs and you'll see the Impact again come May. Unless Nokta has completely killed the deal now that Kellyco jumped. Doubtful, they are both business out to make money. Honestly, it really one would hurt the 50 or so internet users ordering anyway.
February 24, 2015 07:23PM
So KellyCo was taking orders/pre-orders on a detector that actually doesn't exist? They created a doctored pic and a list of features and a price point for a detector that doesnt exist? Something is not quite right here. I really liked my CoRe except for the wrist pain it caused me, but I am not buying this.....feel there is more to the story. Having said that I really dont care what actually went down...that is between KC and Nokta/Makro. Amazing to see so many people upset...geesh, more to life than the latest greatest detector.