Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deep non motion Detector?

Posted by james1969 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deep non motion Detector?
February 25, 2015 11:15AM
I need a non motion detector for searching a large woods, a storm last year felled hundreds of trees and the wood is like an obstacle course with large areas where I can't swing the coil, I know Cscope have the 1220xd,the tesoro outlaw has a non motion mode, Garrett scorpion gold stinger......anybody have any other suggestions?
cdv
Re: Deep non motion Detector?
February 25, 2015 12:09PM
Garrett ATX?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 12:10PM by cdv.
February 25, 2015 01:42PM
Nexus Standard MP

[nexusdetectors.com]
February 25, 2015 02:32PM
Hi,,,I think you are barking up the wrong tree....pun intended....LoL....The Garrett Scorpion is a motion machine but it does have a TR non-motion mode.. It's not going to work for you because you have to keep the coil the same distance from the ground at all times while in TR mode...Besides that the TR mode don't go very deep....The Outlaw is a motion machine also but has a non-motion pinpoint.....You need a small coil like a 5" one put on a Fisher F-75/70,,Teknetics T2 etc.,etc.....While these are still motion machines the motion required to still maintain depth is minimal....There's a ton of machines out there that would probably work, heck maybe even a Teknetics EuroTek Pro,,Alpha,,Delta,,Omega machines might fit the bill nicely....Don't overlook the possibility of using a machine with a non-motion pinpoint too....I just don't think you really need non-motion machine to get the job done....Good luck....JJ
February 25, 2015 02:37PM
How about a Deus in non motion mode?
February 25, 2015 02:45PM
Ringmoney the Deus would be ideal I think in non motion and so light as well......but you need a full Deus for non motion I think and that's ..........expensive......nearly bought a Deus Lite last night on Ebay but don't think I'd be happy without the controller.....Euro is so weak against sterling at the moment as well......need to find some more gold rings to pay for it! lol
February 25, 2015 02:53PM
I'm not sure about this, Jimmy:"You need a small coil like a 5" one" He's wanting "deep".
In cluttered woods I would think a T2 / F75 Ltd in boost mode might be useful, using it as the manufacturer intended - coil clear of the ground. But you've also got the choice of non-motion mode as well with those machines. If your current machine has a non-motion pinpoint mode, that could be used with care to locate targets, then try and get a sweep over it, clearing debris as needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 02:56PM by Pimento.
February 25, 2015 02:58PM
Whites DFX,Vx3, V3i are can all be looked into non motion and are deep in that mode and versatile for other tasks. Ive put the V3i/Vx3 in pinpoint and hunted and found coins at 12''
February 25, 2015 03:08PM
Hi Pimento,,,he said::: "wood is like an obstacle course with large areas where I can't swing the coil,".... I think the 5" coil is his best bet don't you?.... I don't even know what's deep to him may be shallow to me....Are the trees one foot apart or ten feet apart?.... I just recommended a coil size for the worst case scenario....JJ
February 25, 2015 04:26PM
It's hard to say, without knowing the details of the woodland. I've detected British woodland, and certain areas are likely to have dense vegetation, like brambles and ferns, so getting any coil in there would be a struggle. A small coil has its place, definitely. But if its tree branch debris, then his original hunch of using non-motion mode is probably best. I almost exclusively used the 'standard' size coil in the woods, and investigated every signal. You might get a weak hit, maybe iron-tone, if you get reasonably close to a target, and then when you investigate further, you find the sweet-spot, and kick away some branches, swing the coil, and it's a good non-iron tone.
Other alternatives are: clear some of the worst stuff out the way. Detect at the time of year when the vegetation is low / absent. Just avoid the most difficult areas - if you have hundreds of acres to go at, missing 20 of them may be acceptable.
February 25, 2015 04:53PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But if its tree branch debris,
> then his original hunch of using non-motion mode
> is probably best.

Yes Large beech trees and pines have mostly fallen across other trees, if I don't detect under the trunks I'd miss a hell of a lot, had a Hammered shilling out and some nice artifacts.....pity cscope only offer the 1220xd in an 8 inch coil.......I emailed them and they said their engineers thought it worked better with the 8 inch.....whatever happened to customer choice, I'd love one with a 12 inch concentric, coins come out 8+ inches in this woods on average... had Celtic Bronze ring money at only 4 inches though.....go figure....2000 years in the ground!.
February 25, 2015 05:10PM
You're welcome.....good luck......JJ
February 25, 2015 06:03PM
james1969 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ringmoney the Deus would be ideal I think in non
> motion and so light as well......but you need a
> full Deus for non motion I think and that's
> ..........expensive......nearly bought a Deus Lite
> last night on Ebay but don't think I'd be happy
> without the controller.....Euro is so weak against
> sterling at the moment as well......need to find
> some more gold rings to pay for it! lol

Do what I did, bought control for €400 used, 9" coil for €175, charger clip new from Regtons. Charge it from laptop, had a mini usb lead lying around. Stuck the coil on an old shaft and used my existing headphones and a cheap iphone wristband, job done for €600 odd all in.
February 25, 2015 09:27PM
Sounds like a plan Ringmoney.....400 for a controller was a good price.
February 25, 2015 09:39PM
Sounds like to me you need to start cutting it up and selling firewood and as yu clear areas detect it! ; ) It would be like getting paid to hunt!! But if that's not a option go with a smaller coil to get in the nooks and cranny's.
February 25, 2015 11:05PM
I like the look of this Whites 3900....cheap as well 390 Euro........anybody know what type of whites coil are compatible ?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 11:15PM by james1969.