Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer Break please

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer Break please
March 11, 2015 02:11AM
He'll it hasn't even hit the streets yet and I'm sick of it.
Re: Racer Break please
March 11, 2015 02:29AM
Pac man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He'll it hasn't even hit the streets yet and I'm
> sick of it.

Me 2 lol
March 11, 2015 02:33AM
me 3...Tnn talked me out of it.
March 11, 2015 02:35AM
We need a new detector to talk about my racer is on the way but I bet the deus is still a better machine and for all of you that sold yours, well this summer you may wish you had keep it...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 11, 2015 02:51AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> We need a new detector to talk about my racer is
> on the way but I bet the deus is still a better
> machine and for all of you that sold yours, well
> this summer you may wish you had keep it...

The Deus is a great detector but if you havnt got the ear for the audio its a struggle to say its any better than many other detectors i know a fair few people that sold them and said that they were disappointed with them especially with the depth or in the iron, but i bet it was just that they couldnt get to grips with the audio i found that it took some learning myself.
March 11, 2015 02:52AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> We need a new detector to talk about my racer is
> on the way but I bet the deus is still a better
> machine and for all of you that sold yours, well
> this summer you may wish you had keep it...

I don't think so, granted I have a CoRe, you'll prop the Deus in the corner after those good lawd moments with the Turkish machines. I've seen it better than anyone where we hunt. The other hunters, my buddies even commented on it. It's humbling to have spent as much as I have on machines, to see a machine find what these do, behind what's supposed to be the best machines out there. Humbling......
Anonymous User
March 11, 2015 02:57AM
Not me. I can't get enough of it. It's caused almost as much drama on the forums as me and my puppy dog and it's just getting to be Spring. Just wait till my puppy starts giving reviews.
March 11, 2015 03:09AM
Alright this page had one dedicated thread to Racer until this thread and 4 threads dedicated to F75. Remember 2 things unusual have happened. First the CoRe unit. Then comes the Racer, where it was tested, reviewed right here on this forum. And it happens to perform almost identical to CoRe unit. So folks see CoRe threads and post and in their minds, they see and think Racer. Anyway, are the folks contemplating on buying better off?? I think so. And if the Racer wouldn't have been let to be tested with comments posted we would only have seen the so-called information overload later vs sooner. I really think Nokta/Makro could be setting a precedent for future detector makers. And I think it's good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 03:13AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 11, 2015 03:24AM
Amen, Gentleman. While I'm only a lurker, over the past weeks I've watched my favorite detecting forum devolve into a place for fanboys to drool over a detector they've yet to even see. I quietly owe tons of great finds to information gleaned from many very smart people here (not least of which NASA Tom and Keith Southern). I used to follow their posts (and many others) daily, but since this Makro fiasco this is the first time I've been back in at least a week. Guess what I've found?

I'll take another break for a few days, I suppose. I'm just a lurker, no big loss. Just thought maybe I was echoing the thoughts of quite a few of my silent brethren. Y'all feel welcome to go back to discussing how the racer is the perfect detector for disabled folks or whatever...
March 11, 2015 03:43AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We need a new detector to talk about my racer
> is
> > on the way but I bet the deus is still a better
> > machine and for all of you that sold yours,
> well
> > this summer you may wish you had keep it...
>
> I don't think so, granted I have a CoRe, you'll
> prop the Deus in the corner after those good lawd
> moments with the Turkish machines. I've seen it
> better than anyone where we hunt. The other
> hunters, my buddies even commented on it. It's
> humbling to have spent as much as I have on
> machines, to see a machine find what these do,
> behind what's supposed to be the best machines out
> there. Humbling......

How does the CoRe perform picking out old coins from modern aluminum trash?
Anonymous User
March 11, 2015 03:47AM
Seladore Wrote:
> Amen, Gentleman. While I'm only a lurker, over
> the past weeks I've watched my favorite detecting
> forum devolve into a place for fanboys to drool
> over a detector they've yet to even see. I
> quietly owe tons of great finds to information
> gleaned from many very smart people here (not
> least of which NASA Tom and Keith Southern). I
> used to follow their posts (and many others)
> daily, but since this Makro fiasco this is the
> first time I've been back in at least a week.
> Guess what I've found?
>
> I'll take another break for a few days, I suppose.
> I'm just a lurker, no big loss. Just thought
> maybe I was echoing the thoughts of quite a few of
> my silent brethren. Y'all feel welcome to go back
> to discussing how the racer is the perfect
> detector for disabled folks or whatever...

You make some good points. Probably shouldn't be "drooling" over a detector but I've seen some interesting information. It could maybe be presented better by having some pics of attractive women and some muscle men for the ladies.
March 11, 2015 04:07AM
Seladore Wrote:
> Amen, Gentleman. While I'm only a lurker, over
> the past weeks I've watched my favorite detecting
> forum devolve into a place for fanboys to drool
> over a detector they've yet to even see. I
> quietly owe tons of great finds to information
> gleaned from many very smart people here (not
> least of which NASA Tom and Keith Southern). I
> used to follow their posts (and many others)
> daily, but since this Makro fiasco this is the
> first time I've been back in at least a week.
> Guess what I've found?
>
> I'll take another break for a few days, I suppose.
> I'm just a lurker, no big loss. Just thought
> maybe I was echoing the thoughts of quite a few of
> my silent brethren. Y'all feel welcome to go back
> to discussing how the racer is the perfect
> detector for disabled folks or whatever...

Well, for a lurker, just one post. Fascinating!!! With all the great knowledge this forum provides. You never wanted to interact with the folks here, rather than just popping in with your review. Speaking of review. I don't take kindly to your reference to the disabled folks in your post. They (disabled) folks are entitled to detect as anyone else. I actually feel there are some better detectors for them to use versus others. And I also feel there are some disabled folks looking for information to shed light on maybe a detector for them to enjoy and use. If you have a recommendation for them please consider sharing. I really believe 2 groups of folks get left out a lot of times on detecting forums-Children and the Handicapped/disabled.
March 11, 2015 04:16AM
Talked to Juan at Fisher. He said he was lonely and was hoping someone would call him. He said everyone is so busy talking about the Racer, that he has nothing to do but sit by the phone and wait for someone to call about ANY f75 issue! LOL j/k

Bey
March 11, 2015 04:40AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:

> Well, for a lurker, just one post. Fascinating!!!
> With all the great knowledge this forum provides.
> You never wanted to interact with the folks here,
> rather than just popping in with your review.
> Speaking of review. I don't take kindly to your
> reference to the disabled folks in your post.
> They (disabled) folks are entitled to detect as
> anyone else. I actually feel there are some
> better detectors for them to use versus others.
> And I also feel there are some disabled folks
> looking for information to shed light on maybe a
> detector for them to enjoy and use. If you have a
> recommendation for them please consider sharing.
> I really believe 2 groups of folks get left out a
> lot of times on detecting forums-Children and the
> Handicapped/disabled.

Yep...1 post in 7 months...for a lurker, that's one too many. Judging from your response, my attempt at "interaction" failed, as well. Guess I'm just not too good at it. I'm all for everyone's rights to detect, be they children, the disabled, or whatnot. Not sure how that could cause offense, though...

Well that's two posts in 7 months, guess I'm a real Chatty Cathy now. Don't worry, there won't be a third... Just can't get the hang of this "interaction" stuff...
March 11, 2015 04:58AM
Man, what's up with all the drama on this forum lately? A couple of the threads I've read today involved active pissing matches. Here's another one.
March 11, 2015 05:44AM
I guess I'm into detecting enough to be considered a metal detecting fanboy. Probably a majority of the regular posters here are too. It's unrealistic not to expect a lot of chatter about a new detector that has gotten some very good reviews from some highly regarded advance testers.

Besides, it's pretty easy to avoid almost all of the Racer posts by reading the title of the thread.

Time is finite, so that's what I do with all subjects that don't catch my interest. There are a lot of threads I never open. I don't open cryptic threads either. You know, the ones with titles like "This is really something" or "What do you guys think?"

Thankfully, the number of threads with cryptic titles is noticeably less here than other forums.
March 11, 2015 07:21AM
Mojave
Can you say Cabin Fever!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 07:26AM by 88junior.
March 11, 2015 08:59AM
deathray Wrote:
> me 3...Tnn talked me out of it.

Hahaha = FUNNY!

I think he could talk an entire COUNTRY out of just about anything!

Dude's a LEGEND in his own mind = don't ya know!?

Hell - just take a look around this place = over the last 2 months or so this guy has FORCE FED the entire forum his BS "wannabe expert" OPINION on EVERY detector and/or detecting subject known to mankind!

I offered him an extension of friendly "hospitality" by inviting him to come "play" up here in Michigan with me and made it VERY CLEAR that I don't mean in a sandbox with Tonka toys but he wussed out and told me that he doesn't take kind to being threatened and will SNITCH me out/turn me in to try and get me banned from the forum if I ever send him anymore messages like that again!
March 11, 2015 09:47AM
We need more posts about low-cost removals services in Bangalore. And cheap fitted kitchens in the U.K. And U.G.G boots, gotta like them...
March 11, 2015 10:53AM
Personally I think all the hype has come from the experienced brand loyal patriots out there who have been on the bandwagon of misinforming the public about the Makro Racer which IMO is weird simply because Makro even managed to launch the product the way ALL manufacturers should -

Yet IMO there appears to be a hell of a lot of experts who have completely rubbished the Racer without even using one and that is in stark contradiction to what the 'so-called experts' who completed the initial reviews of the product -

So lets recap -

Makro imformed us all of what is coming and what to expect - none of that was hype
Makro Marketing were available to answer concerns people had and to clear up that misinformation that was bantered about by, yep, the brand loyal patriots
Reputable testers again confirmed what Makro had said what the Racer could do & virtually all testers had positive reviews on the Racer
Then members starting getting them/using them and finally passing on their own views and findings regarding Racer all while taking a bashing from again that sad little group of nasties -

I too am sic and tired of hearing about Makro & the Racer out of their very negative mouths/posts

FMDF has turned to crap as far as I am concerned - the nepitism by some of the moderators their bridges on pathetic however it does not change the fact that there is a group of people that see any new technology coming from outside of the USA as a threat and is automatically attacked first & foremost -

I witnessed it when the deteknix X-Pointer came out
Then the Makro Pointer
Now we see the same with the Racer
and good lord knows what to expect as the new Minelabs get picked over

During all this time the only new thing to come out of the US is Garretts new AT Pin Pointer, which honestly isnt really that new considering people had waterproofed their GPP a few weeks after they first came out over 6+ years ago - Clearly I can see why there are so many angry patriots, but surely you must be able to see that competition is a good thing for metal detectorists in general? Its only going to improve those legends at First Texas & other places to stretch their abilities even more -

But to see very very experienced hobbyists jump on the bandwagon of attacking NEW products needs to stop no matter where they are made -

It has certainly shown me in a short time who some of these bad seeds are and thus helps me avoid getting caught up in their knitting at a later date -

As I have always done - Let the product speak for itself, so if you aint got one or never used one then - Shhhhh & go away and play with your yellow stick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 01:00PM by rustic charm.
March 11, 2015 12:00PM
If you dont like the topic, dont click on it. Its really that simple.
March 11, 2015 12:51PM
or better still -

If you dont want anymore Racer threads then dont start them - couldnt be simpler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 12:54PM by rustic charm.
March 11, 2015 03:32PM
I would like to do a shot out with the deus and the racer and when I get mine next month (on order) I'll see if I can test them both..but the deus is easy to program but you have to understand what the few things you change do....so not everyone understands the deus and that is why many users sell many detectors

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 11, 2015 03:35PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Talked to Juan at Fisher. He said he was lonely
> and was hoping someone would call him. He said
> everyone is so busy talking about the Racer, that
> he has nothing to do but sit by the phone and wait
> for someone to call about ANY f75 issue! LOL j/k
>
> Bey

they should get to grips with wireless headphones instead of keep wishing they would go away .the US makers cant seem to get their heads round wifi phones before trying to outsmart the competition with state of the art ideas
March 11, 2015 09:53PM
Pimento,

I didn't know you liked those posts so much. I work so hard to get rid of them, not knowing how valuable they are. Sorry man. LOL

Wally
March 11, 2015 10:33PM
Wally, I'm a bit of a "Grammar Nazi", so I just love the pidgin-English gibberish those spammers use.
Oh, I forgot about those special training shoes that let you jump 6 feet in the air for easy basketball shots. And the quick and easy loans, that only charge 5637% P.A interest.
March 11, 2015 11:31PM
I think this is what this forum is about. New machine and a open discussion on these machines. I for one can't wait to hear from Tom and Kieth and other diehards give their honest opinions on these new machines coming out. Like someone else mentioned time will tell how good this new Racer is once it gets out there. I remember when the CTX came out everyone was bashing it, now just about everyone is wanting one lol. I know it has been a lo long ass winter lmao. Everyone have fun and enjoy the dirt
Corey
March 11, 2015 11:38PM
Hey, how about that "Impact" eh?
March 12, 2015 12:43AM
here's a clue Coby - Go back and read the response from Nokta to your post, then knit yourself a finds bag -

I am sure you are just shovelling shite but it always pays to check as some of theose patriots aint too sharp
March 12, 2015 01:18AM
RC I'll have to agree with ya on FMDF. I've gotten to where it makes me feel bad at how a lot of people are treated over there. Not Friendly anymore. However I did notice, a lot of the ones except for a few are newer members, last couple of years. They must think they are on facebook or something, act like younguns. Very rude and disrespectful.