Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Let's Talk Gloves Not Racer's Or None Of The Above's

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Let's Talk Gloves Not Racer's Or None Of The Above's
March 15, 2015 02:05PM
Hi,,,,For those of you that use gloves while detecting, have you found a brand that really holds up?....I like to have good dexterity while detecting so I use the ones found at the two dollar stores & hardware stores....These are usually called nitrile garden gloves.....The problem is they don't last long....Has anyone found a brand that last longer than most other gloves with similar characteristics?............JJ
Re: Let's Talk Gloves Not Racer's Or None Of The Above's
March 15, 2015 02:12PM
Good morning JJ,
I don't know the brands, but the higher quality mechanic's glove sold at some of the larger auto parts retailers are very sleek fitting and durable. I have also had good luck with the higher quality gloves sold at Lowes and Home Depot. I guess you would describe these as construction gloves. Again not bulky, very durable. Good luck in your quest.
Cheers
March 15, 2015 02:16PM
My fingers lose circulation when it's cold, plastic vinyl gloves make it worse, besides sweating inside those types.

So I buy the thin leather golf gloves sold at Walmart for warmer weather or thicker leather gloves sold at the Tractor Supply Store, for colder weather.
Only problem is when they get wet, unless you first treat them with Snowproof etc.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 15, 2015 02:18PM
Hi,,,, Good morning to you TSS,,,,,,,,,,,Yeah but I like them gloves that are like a second set of skin....JJ
March 15, 2015 02:19PM
I don't like wearing gloves. Especially when it gets hot.
March 15, 2015 02:28PM
Hi,,,,I don't see thin leather gloves lasting to long....When it's cold out I use a heavier rubber type glove....My hands don't experience the sweating issue even when it's hot out...Only the finger tips & palms have the coating on the gloves I use.....Gloves are mandatory around here because of glass etc...........JJ
March 15, 2015 02:43PM
I wear Memphis Ninja gloves, I can pick a penny up off a concrete floor with them on.
March 15, 2015 03:02PM
I don't wear them when I swing the detector unless super cold,But I will put on a pair of the Mechanic style ones when I dig a hole to keep my blisters at bay. It also keeps mud from building up on the grip. I keep them tucked in my pouch along with my small bandana for back filling my holes.
March 15, 2015 03:43PM
I prefer lose fitting leather gloves. Easier to take off an on. I swing my detector right handed and wear one glove on my left hand for digging unless its cold.
March 15, 2015 05:08PM
I like these - good dexterity and cut resistant - clean with soap and water:

[t.staples.com]

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 15, 2015 05:51PM
I dont use them unless the weather is FREEZING cold....Which is Rare down my way..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 15, 2015 06:13PM
I like camo gloves and I have to take them out when using my camera because of the dirt and or mud. I have camo water proof ones for the winter and camo waterproof pants and jacket all have been tested and all work and don't bulk me up. I have to get a new pair of Camo waterproof gloves for next fall...here are some of the grear I use for my hunting...

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 15, 2015 07:12PM
Too bad Makro didn't include a nice set of gloves in their Racer Pro Package.
March 15, 2015 07:20PM
They can't give you everything there are different sizes to condsider may as well buy from Kelly Co where they throw in a lot of junk for free and then you can't even use it because it is not pro equipment but junk

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 15, 2015 07:37PM
I just picked up the 10 pair pack for $10 at the Depot. They're half rubber and the back half is a stretchy mesh......good enough and the price is right.
March 15, 2015 08:00PM
Personally I like the white lacy ones ..........................

but go commando in the field
March 15, 2015 08:31PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just picked up the 10 pair pack for $10 at the
> Depot. They're half rubber and the back half is a
> stretchy mesh......good enough and the price is
> right.

That's what I do..Get a 3 pack from northern I like the feel of them and you just toss em after 5-6 hunts. The mechnics gloves wear out much faster than I go through a pack of the nitrile ones. The cloth back works great for field cleaning also.
March 15, 2015 09:54PM
I don't wear gloves except in the winter months. I let the Pro Pin pointer save me from any sharp items. For the colder outings its a light to medium weight hunting glove from Bass Pro. HH jim tn
March 15, 2015 11:33PM
I wear an off brand Mechanics Wear style glove. The only reason I wear them is for broken glass in the holes. Especially when digging out a civil war hut or trash pit. They aren't water proof though so if the soil is damp, you'll eventually get wet hands.
March 15, 2015 11:35PM
One pair of these gloves will last a year. Kevlar cut resistant. They grip good and are cool in summer. Been using them for almost 4 years. I usually just wear one on my left hand for digging.
[www.zoro.com]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 16, 2015 01:30AM
Rustic Charm--LOL
Dollar Tree has the gloves with the rubber/plastic dots--great for gripping the detector on the 45 degree hills around Vicksburg--lose one, no problem--$1./pair. Buyem' by the dozen.
March 16, 2015 02:19PM
Hi,,,,Hey Ozzie & deadlift these are the type of gloves I like.....They offer some decent protection yet allow you to have good dexterity while detecting.....The trouble is they don't last long, I figure some company must make these that will last longer....I want to thank everyone for your suggestions....I am reviewing all of your suggestions and will make a decision as to what type of gloves to order...............JJ
March 17, 2015 03:32AM
A pair of gloves came with my under armour underwear. They are camo. They fit tightly but are very comfortable.....and as it turns out, they are quite durable. They have a good rubber grip but they are not like those big blue gardening gloves. And they are made of a material that breathes so that your hands don't get too hot in them yet they provide protection against glass, and other sharp things in the hole. I'll use them until they fall apart but they seem to be very durable.
March 17, 2015 03:51AM
Rustic Charm I counted 26 dots, could you please cite your sources? Kevin B you are talking about your gloves right? & HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 03:58AM by rapidroy7.
March 19, 2015 05:46PM
On a visit to Boston last fall I visited 'The Holy Grail' "Dick's Sporting Goods" in Dedham Mall and picked up a pair of "MANZELLA Ranger form fit hunt gloves". (classed as WARM)
Now I wish that I had spent more ...in other words two other pairs!
At Retail $14.99 they were a great buy.

But, just as other posters have said, when using other gear they should be removed if you don't want mud or smudges on expensive cameras!!
March 20, 2015 12:27AM
I didn't used to wear gloves, and then I sliced my thumb open digging a deep target that turned out to be a screw cap attached to a broken bottle top.

I get the fishing gloves that have the teflon coated palms and fingers, and the rest is cotton(?). I buy them by the case on ebay, and they last a long time. If you get them by the case, after shipping it works out to something like $2/pair, same gloves are like $12.99 at the store around here.