Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Let talk about the Makro racer some more: First park hunt with the Makro racer using the small coil

Posted by Etsija82 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just had to use the Makro racer with the small coil in a park, that i have pounded with the Xp deus using 9"/11" coils. Still found plenty of targets and dug zero beer bottlecaps, as they where easy to identify with this machine. Settings where: id filter 35, 3 tones and sens 60.

Got few coins and a nice 925. stamped silver pearl.

All the good targets where co-located with a near bad target. Id numbers locked hard and sound too. Used my Detectorpro nugget busters with the detector. The machine felt like a X-terra 70, that i just loved by the way with Xp deus like intelligent audio system. The small coil is awesome with this fine detector.
Thanks for that valuable opinion Etsija82

I havent had the small coil on my Racer yet -

I went to a park yesterday and was taken back at how well the deep targets the Racer was hitting on -

Came away with some interesting relics 18+ Pennies and 8 other coins -

Still I havent put enough hours on it to give an expert opinion but IMO its a giant killer
I would think the small coil will be the best small coil on a detector for depth and unmasking

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still I havent put enough hours on it to give an
> expert opinion but IMO its a giant killer

It feels like this detector's true potential is unlocked using the small coil, so i think the small coil is a must have coil for the racer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 08:19PM by Etsija82.
It appears all of the "trash" targets you're showing are non ferrous.
Is that correct?
E82 with excellent headphones and a some more time you won't even dig that much trash. What I've found out in the last week is after I've ran the small coil over a place a couple of times there's nothing left at all. The second run is very sparse on finds too.
E82,
Nice finds; especially coming out of the gate.
shoveler Wrote:
> It appears all of the "trash" targets you're
> showing are non ferrous.
> Is that correct?

Yes, all are non-ferrous. Didnt dig any ferrous targets.
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> E82,
> Nice finds; especially coming out of the gate.

It was like swinging a X-terra 70/ Xp deus, so i was already doing just fine with all the numbers and tones.
Great report, Etsija82.
Hi Etsija82,

My Racer just landed today and there was a small 5" x 5" coil in the box!
Air Tests are looking good on the 'standard coil', Tones are nice and Target ID's solid.
BETTER than the 'Terror' and easier and nicer to use and listen to than the DAYUS...
Will be on site tomorrow for a REAL Field Test...

Good Hunting (to me...and you too and all of you!)

Des D
Well, 2 hunts in with the 'Racer' and it's proving to be the proverbial cracker!! (apologies to Florida natives, no slur intended LOL)

NB:
It's imperative to GB properly
Adjust to the appropriate Gain for the soil you're on. (Yeah I know...how to suck eggs...but, this thing is super sensitive, almost too powerful compared to more expensive rivals) I AM digging deeper than with those 'other more expensive' brands!
Select the 'best suited Mode' to the site: choose from All Metal, Two Tone, Three Tone, Beach
Adjust the stems and arm rest to suit you. As I'm fairly short (think Dudley Moore!) it is suiting me best in a short configuration because yes, I can confirm the 'rake' of it is quite extended due to the MID stem being longer than other stems on other brands!

I'm not preaching you should run right out and buy one...make up your own mind on that...but you could do worse things!

AND, I haven't used the small 5" x 4.5" coil yet nor been to the beach!

Des D
Hey Des----Git to tryin that small coil!!!!------I NEED to know how you like it!!! smiling smiley--------------Del
Des D Wrote:
> Well, 2 hunts in with the 'Racer' and it's proving
> to be the proverbial cracker!! (apologies to
> Florida natives, no slur intended LOL)
>
> NB:
> It's imperative to GB properly
> Adjust to the appropriate Gain for the soil you're
> on. (Yeah I know...how to suck eggs...but, this
> thing is super sensitive, almost too powerful
> compared to more expensive rivals) I AM digging
> deeper than with those 'other more expensive'
> brands!
> Select the 'best suited Mode' to the site: choose
> from All Metal, Two Tone, Three Tone, Beach
> Adjust the stems and arm rest to suit you. As I'm
> fairly short (think Dudley Moore!) it is suiting
> me best in a short configuration because yes, I
> can confirm the 'rake' of it is quite extended due
> to the MID stem being longer than other stems on
> other brands!
>
> I'm not preaching you should run right out and buy
> one...make up your own mind on that...but you
> could do worse things!
>
> AND, I haven't used the small 5" x 4.5" coil yet
> nor been to the beach!
>
> Des D

Will be watching closely as you get some coil time in!!!!!!!!!!
"Would almost everyone agree if testing in a regular test spot where multiple systems have gone before and nothing new turns up until a new piece of kit is worked there that if new finds surface then that new piece of kit is better than whet went before? In other words, the test spot threw up a few surprises that weren't expected? We all know that nowhere is really worked out and finds will always turn up but not necessarily finds that can be classed as "good", "unexpected", "impressive!"?
Des D Wrote:
> "Would almost everyone agree if testing in a
> regular test spot where multiple systems have gone
> before and nothing new turns up until a new piece
> of kit is worked there that if new finds surface
> then that new piece of kit is better than whet
> went before? In other words, the test spot threw
> up a few surprises that weren't expected? We all
> know that nowhere is really worked out and finds
> will always turn up but not necessarily finds that
> can be classed as "good", "unexpected",
> "impressive!"?

That particular spot have been worked with X-terra 70, E-trac, Xp deus and now with the Makro racer small coil. I dont know why those old coins just turned themselves up now and not in any other time, maybe it is just a coincidence.grinning smiley

Oh, i know what those old coins did, they where positioned upright and the thawing of the ground just moved them to a much nicer position for the detector to pick them up and it was this year they decided to do this this particular stunt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 07:09PM by Etsija82.
OK guys...
I should Preface this by saying, the piece of ground I was on yesterday has been worked with EVERY detector and coil combination, originally worked in 1977, a few gap years, but worked extensively since 1999 to present.
EVERY Minelab had been prototyped there including the original Explorer thru CTX, X-Terra etc and all of the above with small coils also.

What happened yesterday was essentially 2 targets in particular were noteworthy recoveries.

The 'Racer' small 5" x 4.5" coil was fitted and I set up the Two Tone and Three Tone modes with different settings.
During the afternoon, the Gain was increased by 5 points at a time: The start-up Sens was 65 (due to very 'blippy' soil) [ Ground Phase pie chart half black on RHS ]
ID Filter from 10 - 30 at various stages.

After spending an hour or so just hunting generally and seeking out solid repeatable signals several items were dug including some ferrous ones such as a spring from a wooden clothes peg.
Some non ferrous came up including foil and a battery top (I think)
Anyway, I began to hunt along a hedge line that "allegedly" had a lost man's signet ring.
This area is saturated with coke and rusted particles and a nightmare to work and lately hasn't turned up anything.
Then, a really nice solid two-way signal compared with prior signals 'hitting' about 5 to 6 times and then disappearing which is the way the Racer small coil does it's business.
I then checked the signal in all 4 Modes, AM, 2 tone, 3 tone, beach and got hits with them all the weakest in beach.
All metal was good so I then pin pointed in all metal.
I should add I am also testing the "NEW Nokta Pointer" and am finding it a real well-paired asset to the 'Racer'
A sod was dug (nice horseshoe sod) and the pointer was inserted: no signal: Sens was increased by a point: no signal:
More soil came out and was checked: nothing: the pin pointer went in again: a hit: more soil out: the hit increases: more soil out and I was deep now...
My Wilcox' took out another scoop and was emptied onto the growing pile of soil and checked with the probe and 'Bingo'...a hit.
It was what I think is a Victorian curtain ring (decorative) measuring 2" x 2" and looks to be an alloy of some sort?
The Nokta Pointer was put into the hole with just the orange top protruding and later measuring the distance at 8.25"

(what is the secret to posting pictures here?)

The next signal astounded me because it was the SAME area I have haunted with small coils.
Anyway, again one of those positive multiple hits continuously, digging, check with the probe, foil, more soil moved, more foil, a 3rd piece of foil and checking around the hold another vibration (I had it set to vibrate because the neighbours were enjoying their garden other side of hedge) and just as above scooped out more soil resulting in a 'hit' atop the pile.
The find was a very nice ornate watch winder key of copper!
Depth was measured at around the 6.5" mark.

So, I therefore was simply astounded!
Proving to me at that time in that location on that day that the 'Racer's small coil is better than several other brand small coils trialled here.

Good Hunting

Des D