Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detector combos? and suggestions on a second detector

Posted by DigDugNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detector combos? and suggestions on a second detector
March 17, 2015 12:29PM
Just curious as to your guys detector combinations and why. I know some of you have quite a few, so I guess if you could pick 2 or 3 that would be cool. I have an Etrac right now and Im thinking of getting another detector sometime in the summer like one of the new F75s , but im not sure if having those two would make that big a difference or not. I would want something lightweight, good for some club hunts once in a while, maybe the beach once or twice a year and something that will be decent in iron. I know some of the midline detectors might fit, but im just looking for some suggestions. Thanks
Re: Detector combos? and suggestions on a second detector
March 17, 2015 12:47PM
I think an e-trac and a f-75 is a great combo. ...or ...e-trac and a Garrett AT pro. ...or....e-trac and a Racer ......many units to pair up with the e-trac for more diverse hunting.
March 17, 2015 01:00PM
I have the CTX and am thinking of trading it for an eTrac. I like some of the features of the CTX but I like the huge amount of accessory coil options for the eTrac. I think that would be a good idea. Then I was thinking of getting a Racer with small coil to hunt the heavy iron sites. That would be a good combination I think. For depth in open fields and woods I would have my GPX. But think a Racer and eTrac with a few coils could be all a man needs.
March 17, 2015 01:05PM
Haha yea, im sure the combos can be quite various...i guess the key things i would like to have in another detector is the light weight, good in iron, and still has good depth.
March 17, 2015 01:05PM
Hello Tectorist ~ some nice options all ready, what do you like to hunt for and what is the ground you hunt like, high mineralization?
March 17, 2015 01:13PM
I've got the new 75 and that's my question as well. I don't know what to get. Surely something new and better is getting ready to come out. A game changing new technology. There s really nothing that excites me enough to purchase. The one detector that does give me a rise every once in a while is the shadow x 5. Something about the look and simplicity of it plus my first detector was a shadow. Racer maybe, Dues maybe, ctx 3030 I do like but that is a whole lot of money for a old design. Something new has got to be on the horizon.
March 17, 2015 01:25PM
rapidroy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Tectorist ~ some nice options all ready,
> what do you like to hunt for and what is the
> ground you hunt like, high mineralization?

I mainly hunt for old coins....but I like relic hunting as well. I go to the beach a couple times a year as well. Ive always had a tough time knowing what type of "mineralization" my ground has. I live in Central NY and our soil is very rocky and black/brown. Im kinda in the area where the marcelles shale is that all the companies want to get natural gas from. i mean ive never really had any problems running my detectors but if someone knows more about the mineralization around me please let me know.
March 17, 2015 01:44PM
I guess it depends on where I live and what I am interested in hunting. When I retire I am moving near big water and beaches. So one detector will be a surf and turf model. The other will be - not sure. If the surf is near the west coat then maybe something good for prospecting - east coast will something.

Where I am now I think the MXT is a good all around unit and the F75 is very good as well. If they turn out to be too much the same then will change one. Viva la difference

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 17, 2015 01:56PM
ozzie Wrote:
> I think an e-trac and a f-75 is a great combo.
> ...or ...e-trac and a Garrett AT pro.
> ...or....e-trac and a Racer ......many units to
> pair up with the e-trac for more diverse hunting.

x2 on what ozzie said
March 17, 2015 02:05PM
x3 on what Mr. Ozzie said.
March 17, 2015 03:21PM
Your call but do your homework, visit a detector dealer and try some on for size...Main thing is you want something different than what you have to cover various hunting scenarios...Of course we all have our preferences but buy something that appeals to you and along with your present unit covers all bases....or at least between the two of them for your various hunting needs....
March 17, 2015 03:25PM
I do a lot of underwater/beach/ lake hunting so 2 Excals for salt 2 AT pros for lake hunting. I'll use the Excals if I'm going deeper than 10' in the lakes. the AT is hard to beat with 5x8 coil on small gold that's underwater. I also use the AT for park hunting. For my old coin sites I like an explorer and I ordered the Racer pro pack. I'm also gonna try a headhunter underwater as soon as they release it with the 12" coil.
March 17, 2015 03:25PM
I say get two racers or the deus and the racer or the At Gold but I sold mine to get the racer had the f75ltd and the t2 didn't really like them

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 17, 2015 03:28PM
G2 and Omega are two great offsetters..and use same coils to boot..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 17, 2015 03:41PM
The XP Deus and the ATX would be my combination

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2015 03:42PM by rexy.
March 17, 2015 04:00PM
rexy Wrote:
> The XP Deus and the ATX would be my combination

Heck of a combo there!
March 17, 2015 04:15PM
Thanks for the responses so far...luckily im content enough with my Etrac to where I can think things through until im ready to make a purchase on something else....I would like to try a Fisher machine but dont have a dealer near me. The F19 or the new F75 keep peaking my interest...I will definitely be watching the progression of the Racer as well
March 17, 2015 06:55PM
You did a nice job describing your soil conditions and hunting style, looks like you'll need three*** a Tom tuned CZ3D and................................ Happy Hunting~rr7
March 17, 2015 07:08PM
I have the ET I use the most along with the F75 LTD-2 and Tesoro Compadre for other styles of hunting. The Compadre is killer for the tot lots and loves low conductors. Only wish my ET was as light as the Tesoro. I think my 75 will do in the iron using fast audio and really happy with it after the upgrade. Could hardly use it before and now its my go to ring machine.
March 17, 2015 10:59PM
I have an E-trac and CZ-3D for my old coin hunting needs. And if I want to do a little old school detecting I break out the Whites XL-PRO with the Tone Modification.
March 18, 2015 12:37AM
ozzie Wrote:
> I think an e-trac and a f-75 is a great combo.
> ...or ...e-trac and a Garrett AT pro.
> ...or....e-trac and a Racer ......many units to
> pair up with the e-trac for more diverse hunting.

What he said....
March 18, 2015 01:09AM
I've decided on getting a Racer to go with my Tejon. I don't know. The the Racer will probably be my main detector over the Tejon. I'll see how the 2 fit in.

They both have great separation. I just ordered the 5x10 wide scan for my Tejon. I think it will come down to which is deeper and I'm guessing the Racer will be deeper.

Rick
March 18, 2015 01:14AM
Rick, keep us informed when you compare the Racer and your Tejon....depth and separation wise, thanks.
March 18, 2015 03:32PM
The Racer does look pretty interesting...any word on if they are making the grayish black color or not? I will just have to keep up on the reviews...I kinda have it down to the Racer, Fisher F-19, or the F75 LTD 2
March 18, 2015 09:26PM
Whites TDI Pro for anything deeeeep in Any soil, also for scouting for areas and the Racer to mop up any area turned up by TDI Pro.
March 19, 2015 05:10PM
It's going to be a tough choice either way...but I'm hoping when the time is right, I can find what will work best for me
March 19, 2015 05:20PM
'Tectorist Wrote:
> The Racer does look pretty interesting...any word
> on if they are making the grayish black color or
> not? I will just have to keep up on the
> reviews...I kinda have it down to the Racer,
> Fisher F-19, or the F75 LTD 2
land hunting the f19 would be a good choice. If your going to fresh water swim then the Atpro.
wjs
March 19, 2015 05:41PM
I would go for the Etrac F19 combo.
March 20, 2015 02:25PM
I think my plan right now is to find a used minelab sovereign GT for when i go to the beach this year and for when i hit a few fields. Plus i like that you can hip mount it. Then later on in the year..I will try to get the F75LTD2, F19, or Racer