Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F19 Test Video - Couple Nice Finds

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F19 Test Video - Couple Nice Finds
March 19, 2015 10:28AM
Made a vid with my Iphone 6 just to see how it does compared to my GoPro Cam while swinging the F19 at an old dump site.

It does a good job quality wise but the hands free operation of the GP with head mount is a nice feature that is better suited for making these type of vids.

Anyway - just thought I'd share.

HH

[www.youtube.com]
Re: F19 Test Video - Couple Nice Finds
March 19, 2015 11:54AM
Hey Wayne----Nice video, thanks for posting it.----Looks like that tight foot print on that 5 X 10 slices right thru both the ferrous & non-ferrous really well.-----Love that thimble, never seen one like that.--Gold with some neat engraving on it--wow!------That one item with holes on both ends reminds me of a childs bracelet.-----We used to get them years ago at carnivals--they didn't have engraving on them & then you would engrave whatever you wanted on the bracelet.-------Cool finds!----------Del
March 19, 2015 12:10PM
Nice video and nice finds too. And I realize making the VIDs while detecting can be quite a chore, using a cell phone even moreso. Good quality!
March 19, 2015 01:43PM
Nice finds Wayne,

My aunt Patsy has a valuable antique collection and the gold thimble is one of her prize finds. She said they are hard to find at antique shows, she should know as she went to a lot of them in the 1960's..70's up through the present, a nice and rare find.
March 19, 2015 02:42PM
Thanks Del, Tnss and Hombre

The F19 does cut right thru the junk as you say Del - especially with that 5x10 DD

The gold thimble is a 1st for me and I've found a LOT of them thru-out the yrs - never knew they made em outta gold though!

Can't wait to get the F19 out on an ancient site full of iron though - will be making a vid of that too.

HH all
March 19, 2015 04:20PM
Thimble - are you going to try the owner ( owner's family) ?
March 19, 2015 08:18PM
Nice digs Wayne...

Yes the F19 has quickly become my go to machine....

the F19 and G2,Gold Bug for the fact really like to hit on werid shapes as good as round...and that helps when you want to dig it all but iron.

Rember that house site back in the woods me and you hunted where I told you I dug those barrel bands...I dug a small carved pencil with the CoRe..remember me and you struggling to make finds in there that day...I was in that spot just the week before that and popped all sorts of brass items out of that house with the F19...Went back after me and you were there and hunted it again with the F19 and popped more brass easily.....That ought to tell you something..the DEUS dont even do well in that house..Not a problem for the F19 though..

heres some info on your thimble...I too never seen a gold thimble....

"Gold Antique Thimbles

Gold thimbles were introduced into society to improve upon the quality of the standard silver thimbles that were used by seamstresses and domestic servants. The silver thimble would allow for the needle to pass through after much wear and tear. This was very painful for those who used them on a regular basis. The gold thimble was more durable and prevented the needle from passing through.

Thimbles were relatively affordable in that time period and the average price was 2.5 cents. In the Early 1900's the Gold Thimble became a symbol of American Patriotism. Soldiers fighting in the war were given thimbles as gifts from members of high society. The thimbles were presented in their own boxes, which just as the thimbles themselves, were made of gold and adorned. The adornment consisted of the name of the individual the thimble was being presented to and from whom it was being presented. The thimble boxes were also decorated with Jewels and Gems such as turquoise and rubies. The Gold thimble may have been small in size, but it carried with it a meaning far beyond that of simple sewing."

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 19, 2015 09:24PM
Enjoyed your video Wayne and some nice finds there. We must be related, at times you sounded just like me when digging some of the trash and the mooning and groaning smiling smiley.

El
March 19, 2015 09:32PM
Ouch! Just thinking about the needle punching through the thimble and into your finger. I bet it feels alot like the time I stapled my finger. Thanks for history info Keith.
March 19, 2015 09:47PM
Thanks Keith.

Good info on the Gold Thimbles. Never had a clue.

And yeah - I remember that place/site - tough hunting is an understatement on that one! I believe I was using the CTX in that site and you the Core. I woulda liked to have had this machine with me in there.

I really like the F19 now that I've had some time to test it in field a couple of times in the last week or so. It's going to be with me everywhere I go for my go to machine for the tiny brass, gold, buttons, etc. that the 19 KHz loves to hit on :-)
March 20, 2015 02:35AM
Any hunt with a gold thimble, barber dime and silver advertising piece is a great hunt, thanks for sharing!

HH,
Brian
March 20, 2015 03:27AM
Hi,,,,good deal Wayne glad you got out....I still have frozen ground where I want to hunt..........JJ
March 20, 2015 12:32PM
Nice bud! That thimble is very cool,never seen that before...good info Keith.
March 20, 2015 03:07PM
Congrats on the gold thimble. Keep post those f19 vids the machinooks like it would be an awesome site machine
March 20, 2015 03:19PM
Enjoyed that video a bunch! Looks like the F19 does a great job in the trash. Great finds! Love that gold thimble! I only wish I had one place like that to detect! I would be there every chance I got! If I was you, I would go there often! Got to be a bunch more goodies there!
March 20, 2015 05:12PM
Wayne, I have dug silver thimbles and others, but never a gold one....didn't know they existed. I also enjoyed the article about the gold thimble...Way cool!...Great find!
March 22, 2015 01:28AM
Mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thimble - are you going to try the owner ( owner's
> family) ?

No way to do so Mike

the name on it is a SINGLE name = Maryrose

there is no "last name" to go by/give a starting point to find any family of the person or else I would try to return it.

I've been holding an 8.6 gram 14kt yellow gold wedding band since last summer to try and find the owner with no luck thus far and I've listed it on ring finders as found, and in 5 states on Craigslist that surround Michigan with no luck whatsoever so far.

I always try to return rings/jewelry if there's a name and'or an inscription that only the owner would know is inscribed in/on it and usually I give it a good yr before I just write it off as a complete loss/no go and then scrap it out with everything else.

Thanks for asking...
March 22, 2015 01:57AM
I enjoyed watching that!!!! Great vid MichiganRelicHunter!!!