Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here ya Go Wayne F19 Relics Today

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here ya Go Wayne F19 Relics Today
March 21, 2015 02:05AM
I have found the F19 to be one of the best relic units available for the money..

light deep sleuthy...

this come out of a spot Ive hit hard with all units...

5x10 coil,,V-break at 29 disc zero ...sens wide open...Come out of the spot I dug the toe tap on vidoe with the Racer...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Here ya Go Wayne F19 Relics Today
March 21, 2015 02:14AM
NICE!!!!!!!
March 21, 2015 02:21AM
Good job Keith
March 21, 2015 02:27AM
Very nice Keith.
March 21, 2015 02:30AM
NOW I see why you wouldn't sell me that thing! smiling smiley------Nice digs!
March 21, 2015 02:36AM
Wow! I know thats impresdive for one of your very hard hit spots.Way to go man!
March 21, 2015 02:50AM
Lookin good Keith!!!!!! Great finds!!!
March 21, 2015 03:02AM
very nice, Keith.

Begs the question...for relics, F19 or Racer?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 21, 2015 03:04AM
Yes the F19 is a Relic Magnet...

Hard to believe more people dont talk about them..

I think most think there a repackaged GB Pro....and they had the Hiccup when they were first released...I tested one back in July lat year poor things were dead in depth...They did a quite type recall...thye were 7/14 serial models...

After I went to the local shop and got my hands on a reworked one I had to have one...completely different from the original F19..Mines a 7/14 model...so its a revamp Im sure ..I just hope they did not make the 7/14's hot to appease the masses...Not sure what the serial number dates are now on the F19's...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 21, 2015 03:14AM
I think most think there a repackaged GB Pro....and they had the Hiccup when they were first released...I tested one back in July lat year poor things were dead in depth...They did a quite type recall...thye were 7/14 serial models... 

Thats what I thought. not untill you and Waynes recent post,did it get on my radar. Think I may order one Monday,break it in next weekend..got SPRING FEVER!!Its been in the 80s. Ray
March 21, 2015 03:18AM
I beleive Ive made my opinion known from the begining on the Racer and the CoRe..If it did not have the small coil I would not use it much...

Now it is a simplisticv machine to use and get great perfromacne out of and gets the job done but I look for strong points and Ive pointed out the strong point I SEE..It is also less prone to call non ferrous ferrous in mineral...but theres others that are equally as good...DEUS GMP DTVG even the F19 is good at not mis-labeling ferrous to non ferrous in bad soil...but for the cash its a good unit ..but strong suit is small coil while looking for small targets in iron..

All my opinion.. and it has not changed...

It see's stuff in iron with small coil other machines do not...and I believe Ive aslo said the targets Ive seen it find are of the smallest nature...

I for day in day out prefer a F19...But I mesh with it better...is it a better unit???My opinion of it has not changed...

The Racer will give you alot for the money and will give great performacne with ease....

Im a tweaker though and I like to push a machine through dialing in settings ...Other will like simplicity ....

no perfect unit...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 21, 2015 03:21AM
Hey Ray I talked about it on the Fisher forum on Findsmall back in January...I dont think too many people were paying attention even on there LOL...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 21, 2015 03:29AM
Thats funny Del..

Thanks guys!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 21, 2015 03:46AM
Impossible. We all know that only the Racer and CoRes can find relics.
March 21, 2015 04:17AM
Great finds Keith. Looks like the F19 performed well for you.I bet I know someone that's really sick about now. lol
March 21, 2015 04:30AM
For some reason I still think that when someone says "for the money..." that it means its a lower priced detector. I.e. a lot of performance for the $. I didn't realize the F19 was $800. That's not cheap!
March 21, 2015 04:34AM
It is for the money Daniel...I bought new for well below that Well below !!

I can take my F19 machine and run with the big dawgs that cost 1500.00 for 2/3rds less when hunting in iron...

keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 21, 2015 12:22PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is for the money Daniel...I bought new for well
> below that Well below !!
>
> I can take my F19 machine and run with the big
> dawgs that cost 1500.00 for 2/3rds less when
> hunting in iron...
>
> keith

Yeah = I remember that - you jumped on that one before I pulled the trigger on it!

But same here for me too in getting a good price on one,

I had to look and look and bug people/dealers for about 1.5 months but ultimately ended up getting one with maybe 10 hrs of use on it for $565 shipped ;-)

I did it during Nov. and Dec. when there was snow on the ground and I couldn't hunt anyway so I had the time to wait out a good deal.

I do know you can get a decent price on new units if you ask around though too.
March 21, 2015 12:26PM
Keith Southern Wrote:

> I just hope they
> did not make the 7/14's hot to appease the
> masses

Keith, please help me understand your meaning here.
I could understand if you said "less hot" as that would possibly make it a bit quieter or better behaved.

Is there any reason to believe the currently shipping F19s are any different than what you have?

Thanks

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 21, 2015 01:31PM
Hi Keith,,nice finds but I have to play Devil's advocate here.....Now before you start a feeding frenzy on F-19's I would like you to try this if you would........When you find several targets with the F-19 mark them all (don't dig them yet), then try some other comparable units and see if they can hear these same targets.....Of course they would also have to give a good dig me signal like the F-19 too....Until then, could you just have been having a good day with the F-19????........JJ
March 21, 2015 01:57PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> For some reason I still think that when someone
> says "for the money..." that it means its a lower
> priced detector. I.e. a lot of performance for the
> $. I didn't realize the F19 was $800. That's not
> cheap!

Hey Daniel,detector prices sure have gone high in past few years! I remember thinking that $1000 for an explorer was crazy,lol.
March 21, 2015 02:27PM
Yeah that's what I'm getting at. Back a few years ago, $1,000 was for a serious, top of the line detector. The norm was more like $350-500. I might be wrong but I think it was the Whites V3 that broke way beyond the $1,000 mark first. If I am wrong, I'm not far off. And everybody had sticker shock and said nobody would pay that much for a detector.

Now here we are when a $800 price point is talked about like the old $350 machines lol and the $1200-1700 machines are considered "top of the line" but everybody has one of them...if not two of them. Even with the Racer Pro pack at $850, the talk has been about how much bang for the buck you are getting. I guess I'm still stuck thinking about the $350 machines.

Then again I did just buy a new GPX machine and do have a CTX as well. Neither of which are low cost budget machines. But I will say this...still not overly impressed with what the CTX can do for what it cost. I got a good deal in mine as a used unit. I would have been sorely disappointed had I bought it new and paid what they cost. I now feel I could have gotten a used eTrac and had pretty much the same thing performance wise. The GPX on the other hand...worth every penny paid for what I use it for.
March 21, 2015 02:47PM
Ctx...maybe its because you have that crazy intense dirt. Im pretty much the only one in my area,with one old timer exception,that doesnt have one. Just not necessary for what Im after. Same way with the PI
..yes,the newer models are slightly better,but for me,Ill stick with extreme for now. If I find enough gold,a used sdc or atx may come in to the picture. Good luck in Va!
March 21, 2015 02:47PM
A hundred years ago, a US dollar bought what today would cost $23.14, that's 2213.9%. ...................Since 1995, inflation has risen 53.4%.
March 21, 2015 06:27PM
Well what I was saying ...In my limited vocabulary ..LOL..

The first ones the 7/14's were very weak....anemic if you will...

So they did a recall from dealer stock and also anyone who was experincing less than optimum performance...

Now I dont Know what they did sicne theres not adjustment's in the F19s internally as I know of...

But they did something to CRANK them up...And as of now Im not sure if theres a newer date code out or not???I keep seeing 7/14's...so either they have not sold the intial run or or the newer ones are yet to be shipped ...but I was stating that if they JUICED up the 7/14s maybe extra hot to APPEASE the first buyers and make things right for them Im wondering if the next serial date codes will be as HOT...I would guess so but just thinking out loud...was the first fix a component change or ???? will it be incorported into the circuit design on the newer dates codes...Who Knows ...maybe there some new date codes out now???

if so maybe someone will chime in and state if the performance seems NICE..

that's all Wayne..mainly just rambling...LOL!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 21, 2015 06:32PM
I hardly ever use one machine without crosschecking Jimmy...

I just dont like to tell which behind the scene machine did not hear what as that will I feel take away from the post....

Weird thing about information....bad,negative out of place information at times gets more response and attention than things that are more straight forward...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla