Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PIN POINTING with CZ7a

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PIN POINTING with CZ7a
June 14, 2010 12:12AM
Hi All, well i got the CZ7A, and doing quit well, it had the 101/2" coil, and i was missing my targets about 2" to 3" . I have hunted with my MXT for about 8 years and no trouble. I through it was the 10.5" coil, so i got a 8" coil same thing but not as bad, deepth reads O and target is 1 to 2'' deep. Now what is this? Am i doing something wrong,or is my CZ bad? Dose anyone else have trouble with this? Maybe i am just not use to it. I think on the 8" coil it will pin point in the center of the coil, and on the 10.5" it will point in the center of the inside center wright? Any help would realy be nice, Tom would you think i should send it in for check up, Or maybe give it a little more time? Thanks Flintstone
Re: PIN POINTING with CZ7a
June 14, 2010 11:23AM
Both coils will pinpoint in the dead-center of the coil. On the larger coil ...... this spot is just barely forward of where the stem attaches to the coil. . . . . that it's just easier to say that it pinpoints directly under the stem attachment. Give your self some time with this unit..... and it'll serve you well. As far as depth reading.........the CZ-7a has a 0" a 2" a 4" a 6" etc.......... markings. Targets that are actually at 1" or 3" or 5" etc......... depths must fit into the 0, 2, 4, 6 etc reading on the detector. Remember, the depth gauge is calibrated for penny-sized objects ONLY. If you find a quarter, silver dollar or soda can.........the depth gauge will not be as accurate (and usually you will find these targets deeper than the indicated depth). With some practice, you will progress through a learning curve fairly quickly...... and it'll become second nature in short order.
June 14, 2010 01:44PM
THANKS TOM, I HAVE ONLY HUNTED WITH THIS DETECTOR 4 OR 5 TIMES, I THINK I WILL LIKE IT. GOT KIND OF WORRIED WHEN IT DIDN,T READ RIGHT. ONE GUY SAID THAT THE 10.5'' COIL WILL PICK UP GOLD RINGS BETTER THAN THE 8''. IS THIS TRUE? I WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD BE THE SAME, THE 8'' JUST NOT COVER AS MUCH GROUND,AND GO AS DEEP. SO MANY PEOPLE TELL YOU SO MUCH THAT SOMETIMES YOU GET CONFUSED. I AM GLAD THERE IS A FOURM THAT YOU CAN GET A GOOD ADVICE FROM. THANKS DEAN
June 14, 2010 09:13PM
Dean,

I doubt you would notice a depth difference between the two coils....IRT gold rings. They both are hair-splitting close.....unless it's a large signet ring; in which, the 10.5" coil would have approx 10% greater depth. But........the BIG difference would be "volume" of sand/dirt covered. The 8" coil views approx 1 gallon of dirt..........whereas the 10.5" coil views approx 5 gallons of dirt. You are 5-times more likely to find 5-times more targets just simply by virtue of much greater 'searched' dirt/sand.