Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New old topic wireless headphones

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New old topic wireless headphones
March 25, 2015 04:09PM
I know we had talked this on another thread but when I was at the Bose store last week I saw some wireless phones and started asking questions. Long story short I talked to a guy at Miccus who told me the ins and outs and what to look for. He was so Honest he told me the miccus brand had a glitch and to wait till the next batch came in but if I wanted to go ahead and get something without lag or very very little try
[www.amazon.com]
And this
[www.amazon.com]

He said the key is the aptx low latency and it is important for transmitter and headphones to both have it.

Hope this helps if anybody is interested. I plan on ordering soon and will post back.
Re: New old topic wireless headphones
March 26, 2015 01:08AM
I'm curious how well they work. Please follow up.

My research showed the same, if you want to go bluetooth, the aptx low latency was the only way to be sure the lag would be tolerable. Some non aptx bluetooth tx and rx MIGHT have tolerable lag, but specs are hard to come by and finding such a pair is unlikely.

Also, lower tech solutions exist -- analog tx rx pairs. I have a set or two from radio shack from 20 years ago that would work. Broadcasts on the fm band, any fm radio can receive. I think modern 2.4 GHz analog tx/rx pairs are out there as well.

As I recall, the modern options were all pushing $100 or more. At that price, I can live with wires. Maybe someday aptx will evolve to be the bluetooth standard, and any cheap off the shelf headset could be paired with a low dollar transmitter.
March 26, 2015 05:00PM
They will be here Saturday I will post back after review.
March 26, 2015 07:19PM
Got some TDK WR 700 headphones on the way - wish they still made them these look to be in good condition. Will let you know if and how they work as well.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 26, 2015 08:57PM
I have been using a set of AUVIO wireless headphones for over 3 years now. Work great and lightweight. Radio Shack was clearing them out for $29.99. Wish I had bought a spare pair.
They function fine on my CZ-3D. I think the ones I got are no longer made.
May 29, 2015 06:42PM
Older topic I know, but wanted to let people here know that I have been trying out a pair of the Sennheiser RS 160 wireless headphones. They have no noticeable lag, great sound, are comfortable, and have a very long battery life on a single charge. The headphones come with rechargeable AAA batteries. The antennae uses two AA batteries, which I use rechargeables for as well. They run a very long time on a single charge. Headphones last around 40 hours without charging and antennae around 125 hours on a charge. This is far better battery life than most other brands of wireless headphones I have looked at. They are RF headphones so no noticeable lag. Only the TDK WR 700 have this type of set up that I can find and should do well although I have not tried those, so maybe Bryannagirl could give an update on those. I mounted the antennae in a mainstays 3.5"x3.5" container ( inside measurement ). A food container like Lock N Lock container. They are sold at Walmart stores in a set. I put Velcro tape on the lid and on the outside of the armrest on my different land detectors. They are made for inside use so the container is for water and dirt/dust protection. Simply punch a hole in the side of the container for the 1/8" plug and silicon around it and plug the other end to the headphone jack. When I wish to change detectors I simply unplug from headphone jack of one detector and plug into another, pull container loose from first detector and stick on the second. Done deal. Off and detecting quickly. The RS 160 antennae does have a seperate volumn control that should not be turned all the way up. On max volumn you may have the signal get static from over load to the headphones. Just start at half volumn on the antennae and adjust the volumn control on the headphones as needed. Then turn up antennae volumn as hearing allows. They can be very very loud if turned up too much. The headphones are designed for indoor use so get a raincoat with a hood that you can protect them from light rain is a good idea.
The Auvio headphones are no longer available from RadioShack unless you can find an old pair somewhere and the Rapoo still has some delay lag and are not very good headphones at least not to my liking. The RS 160 headphones are very comfortable noise canceling headphones. I bought these on Amazon for $118.95 with free shipping. Maybe not for everyone but being free from that headphone wire is a blessing to me. Also I bought an extra 1/8" headphone jack wire with the male plug on each end so I do not have to remove the wire from my detector container. Now I get to use my headphones in the RV to watch TV and listen to music when I want. This is what they were made for after all, and you can just run on house current when indoors...Stuart
May 29, 2015 09:49PM
I had 2 sets of those Sennheisers.
It's nice to go wireless.

But they come with 2 extra sets of batteries to keep charged.

So now,... well,... I've gone back to good old fashioned wires.

Dirt Detecting departure checklist.
Detector batteries, AA,... Check
Pinpointer batteries, AA,... Check
Garmin GPS batteries, AA,... Check
Digger,... Check
Harness,... Check

Beach Detecting departure checklist.
Detector charged,... Check
Spare battery,... Check
GPS batery, AA,... Check
Harness,... Check
Scoop,... Check

Now let's complicate that with a transmitter to keep charged and the headphones to keep charged.
Been there, done that, back to good old wires. They simply do or don't.

The only time I like wireless is when hunting heavy modern trash with a constant barage of noise from the 6" CTX open screen.
Just sit the detector down and all the noise stops. Peacefull digging.

HH
Johnb