Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short Makro racer VS Fisher F19 video

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Short Makro racer VS Fisher F19 video
March 26, 2015 01:02AM
Weather has been bad since it arrived on Wednesday. I did manage to get out for a short time between the rains today. The settings were
Racer Di3 sens 70, but had to lower to 69, moved the disc up to 40
F19 disc 40 sens 70.

I think I may have a bad coil as the detector will overload if I run the sens higher than 70. I mean a constant overload even with the coil in the air. I know another person on here had the same issue and he said when they replaced the coil it solved the issue. My dealer (JMTMetaldetectors has a new coil on its way for me)

I may have gotten some of the video in the wrong order but no big deal you can still get an idea of how the racer operates in the field.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Short Makro racer VS Fisher F19 video
March 26, 2015 01:41AM
You'll notice on the Racer lots of things will read at 82/84...even iron ...

But even in your video I could tell by the AUDIO of the Racer the crown caps before you dug them...listen to the burps off the side of the high tone very jerky audio....Pulltabs and aluminum will have a cleaner sound than a crown cap yet not collected tight tone like a GOOD coin...minus Zincs ...silver and copper will sound compact ed precise absolute audibly...

the F19 will just stay high on those because of freq mainly and also lack of blending...

I think the Fisher's are better at Visual I.D the Racer and Core is better at Audio I.D..

I can surmise your coil is bad from description...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 26, 2015 01:59AM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Weather has been bad since it arrived on
> Wednesday. I did manage to get out for a short
> time between the rains today. The settings were
> Racer Di3 sens 70, but had to lower to 69, moved
> the disc up to 40
> F19 disc 40 sens 70.
>
> I think I may have a bad coil as the detector will
> overload if I run the sens higher than 70. I mean
> a constant overload even with the coil in the air.
> I know another person on here had the same issue
> and he said when they replaced the coil it solved
> the issue. My dealer (JMTMetaldetectors has a new
> coil on its way for me)
>
> I may have gotten some of the video in the wrong
> order but no big deal you can still get an idea of
> how the racer operates in the field.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> e=youtu.be

Try this with your Racer. Put a silver dollar on the ground and sweep. Then put a bottle cap. Watch how short the tone is on the monster coin vs the smaller cap. Tone on silver dollar very compact and clean sounding. Cap tone more blah and longer and on the edges funky sounding. And high quality phones will amplify the differences in tone quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2015 02:05AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 26, 2015 02:13AM
A nice real world quick eval. I look forward to seeing how you fare with it once you have acclimated to it's audio. You seem to have the F19's language down pretty well. Thanks for sharing!
March 26, 2015 05:04AM
From what I could tell the F-19 has better ID capabilities the bottle cap sounded decent on both machines to me. I find that disturbing cause I hate those darn things. The only machine I've found that identified them is a AT-Pro or AT-Gold with the iron audio turned on it ID's them accurately 9 out of 10 times. I guess that's why I'm having a hard time turning loose of my AT-Gold.
March 26, 2015 05:11AM
Say it three times....Beetle-Tab, Beetle-Tab,....LOL

Bey
March 26, 2015 05:16AM
Disappointing the caps sound so good on the Racer. I guess with practice it will be easier to tell bottle caps from coins.
March 26, 2015 05:25AM
I think when you see some coin vs cap comparisons, you all will see there is a noticeable difference. I think it would even be good if the gent would do air test using coins and caps to show the difference in tone duration and tone quality.
March 26, 2015 05:33AM
Detectorist Wrote:
> Disappointing the caps sound so good on the Racer.
> I guess with practice it will be easier to tell
> bottle caps from coins.

Strange. I have really dug no beer bottlecaps with the Makro racer small coil. I have had a few bottlecaps showing id number 82-84, but they sounded so different from a coin, that the target was obviously a beer bottlecap. Most of the beer bottlecaps in my country dont lock in the target id numbers and also id tends to jump around and the tones sound harsh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2015 05:45AM by Etsija82.
March 26, 2015 09:20PM
I sure hope I can figure the Racer out when I get mine in Sat. I didn't know pull tabs and iron hit with same VDI number as coins. I use the deus because I can make most pull tabs sound and VDI differently than coins. I hunt parks and old schools where there is a lot of modern trash. Around old houses and fair grounds. I ordered 3 different size coils for the Racer. The deus has worked great for me in the kind of areas I hunt. Hope I can say the same for the Racer. I guess time will tell. Just talk to Ed Huffman and he said he is going to try the Racer out this weekend. Hope he has some good info to share soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2015 10:24PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
wjs
March 26, 2015 11:41PM
I need to do some more testing but I dug another 7-8 targets that were all in the 82-84 range and they were all deeper pulltabs. This is not going to work as I only hunt public parks with hundreds if not thousands of them in each park. As a relic detector or beach detector I think it will be OK.
March 26, 2015 11:58PM
Well Bill it looks like the F19 did better ... Maybe i will wait for another video of yours but you had me sold on the F19/G2 plus just from what ive seen in your vids... So we will see...
March 27, 2015 12:00AM
Something is going on. The only tab that will fool my coRe unit is a tab where the tab is wrapped a couple of times around the pull. Are you resweeping your hole with detector after tab removal?? I'm telling you you have to watch my CoRe unit. There's bunches of different things that comes out of the hole. But with say 83 on the meter, most times a penny or real worn dime comes out along with many other ferrous and nonferrous objects. And you'd better not stop sifting and digging until you find what set the detector off.
March 27, 2015 12:00AM
You mentioned your coil is acting squirrelly. Maybe thats the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 03:25AM by possum mo.
March 27, 2015 12:48AM
Looks like a WOW moment perhaps?
March 27, 2015 12:57AM
And what do the tabs read on the Racer that are dug when on top of the ground?????? Leaving them in their dug shape. And even turning maybe up on its side.
March 27, 2015 02:29AM
On both machines try walking the coils off the target and listen for it to break at the edge on junk. There is even a sticky on the F19 predecessors FM GBP forum by Johnson that describes it. Easy and effective. The other thing I've noticed on the Racer videos is it can be hard to hear the full sound effects when it blends the audio. I tried headphones and it made a lot of difference for the sound from my computer while watching Keith's videos compared to just the desktop speakers. If the F19 audio is like the GBP was, I had found it be tough going in trash unless you do the coil wiggle or get jumpy IDs.

Edit-suggest small coils for both in that field too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 02:59AM by TabWhisperer.
March 27, 2015 05:29AM
Those hyper gain units are cumbersome in aluminum..Godsends in Iron....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
wjs
March 27, 2015 12:54PM
I will try to get back out and do some more tests. Maybe get some on video. I should have a new coil here on Monday also. Maybe that is part of the issue. It is really no big deal to me as I know some machines are better suited for certain types of hunting than others. I like trying new detectors.....;o)
March 28, 2015 02:22AM
Would like the see the same test but with the 5" coils on both machines. We read over and over that the Racer excels in trash & iron w/the 5" coil, it would be interesting to see how the F19 w/the 5" FT coil stacks up against the Racer with it's 5" coil in a nail infested, or ultra trashy area.
wjs
March 28, 2015 01:25PM
problem is I don't have the small coil for either detector. Maybe someone else with both will do the test for us. I would like to see it myself.
March 28, 2015 03:12PM
The 5 inch coil on the Racer is a good bit deeper Vs F19 Small coil..

The F19 and Racer unmask very well...

The Racer will require more learned audio skill level in iron for unmasking...Knowing what to lisyen for since the machine hears it all and is very blendy bleedy.

The F19 requires more skill in setting it up controls and the audio will be a little cleaner on rejected and accepted targets less fatigue audibly yet less intelligence for the more aggresive masked targets...

For the hardest core hunter the Racer will unmask a bit better in iron than the F19 even though the F19 has user defined break....
Yes the corner had been turned in unmaking in the last couple fo years...Exactness is not as important as Audible intelligence...Speed and exact tone break is not up to the task of unmasking like blendabile tones and bleedy disc circuits with above average recovery speed to boot..

I hope they dont change the way they have the audio working on future models...

It will come down to what a person needs and wants...

Some people get hold of a Racer and work iron and they will dislike it..If some people get hold of a F19 and work iron they will dislike it...

At the end of the day it will boil down to the experince one has in working iron ...Some will take to one or the other ..both will make great finds..one can be pushed further in the unamasking if you listen close..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2015 09:08PM
wjs Wrote:
> problem is I don't have the small coil for either
> detector. Maybe someone else with both will do the
> test for us. I would like to see it myself.

I may do a similar test with the F75 LTD2 and Racer using both their 5" coils next weekend. My Racer is slated to be delivered Tuesday, and next weekend I'm off for four days and will get to test the Racer in some areas I've hunted several times in the past with various machines. One area is old and loaded with iron (square nails mostly, by the handful it seems). That would be a great spot to pit them against each other.
March 28, 2015 10:10PM
As far as comparing the small coils between F75LTD2, CoRE, and Racer. Racer and CoRe have tighter TID readings than F75LTD2 through the different depths. One note. You will get to a depth point many times on deep targets where the F75LTD2 is still actually providing TID#s in the screen vs CoRe and Racer where the TID#s will disappear altogether yet tone remains intact. Granted the TID#s still being provided by the F75LTD2 on the deepest targets may have a lot to be desired. I hope this makes sense. As far as separation overall, NASA Tom's Makro field test data/comments along with Keith Southern's comments IMO are pretty much spot on based on my actual use and test of all the units talked about above. This new amped up DI3 mode, I'm still playing around. The only thing really I have to compare it with is NASA Tom's Data and my CoRe unit. And yes I'll be doing a few test comparing with XP deus both sized coils and CTX. But these test will be more to do with depth on say nickels and dimes with stock coil on Racer. I'm in no hurry. The small coil may never come off my Racer LOL!!!!!

Special note: On my 10" nickel in test garden (soil is 4 bars on F75LTD2 with stock coil) Racer with small coil DI2 gain 98, DI3 gain 99 all I get is a crackle every now and then using careful sweeps, go to AM and can hear the nickel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 10:22PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 29, 2015 01:44AM
Hi. I have been following this forum but just signed up today.
I had to speak up for the Racer.
I am not a tech type guy so I'm not going to get real deep here but I do have a little detecting experience.
I bought my first CZ 5 from the late Lucy Bowen in the early 90s and have been detecting on and off since than for coins
and gold nuggets.
I went out yesterday with my new racer and was very impressed by it.
I purposely took it to a spot in an early 1800s park and worked a strip along a curb that I had worked twice last year in both directions with
my Gold Bug Pro. My second dig was a wheat back penny with 2 more to follow in just 1/4 of the area that I had worked last year.
All the pennies had trash in the hole or right next to the hole. This is in a very iron infested site and with the bigger 11" coil.

I moved over to another spot that has old iron as well as modern trash. My first good signal I dug down about 6" and pulled out a rusty nail
and thought the Racer had been fooled. I'm used to getting fooled by nails with my previous CZ5, F75 LTD and my Gold Bug Pro.
Stuck my probe in the hole and got a signal in the bottom of the hole. Went a few more inches down and pulled a wheat directly under the nail!
This penny was 9-10 inches down. I don't dig coins that deep in my area. I went a few more feet and pulled a clad dime maybe 6" down with a rusty nail directly
above it also. I was amazed at this point. I had hunted this section last year too.
The Racer has fantastic visual ID but the audio ID is the best I have ever used. I have not used the updated F75 but I know that my F75 LTD
I had a few years ago was no match for this machine and the Racer is definitely much more machine than the Gold Bug Pro ifyou are looking for
a good all around detector.
I have to also mention the menu layout. I love it! Brilliantly simple. Switch between all metal, 2 tone and 3 tone to check signals
without looking.
Love tone change options too. When I was first testing the all metal on some tiny nuggets I wasn't that impressed until I discovered changing to
2 on the tone option made the signal come alive. I have tinnitus and loss of hearing at certain freq So it was nice to have that option.

Well I didn't intend to get in to this post so deep but I guess I'm excited about the Racer.
I end up detecting $1.50 or so in clad yesterday and couple pieces of junk jewelry. Nothing exciting but what impressed me is that when I dug junk,I knew it was going to be junk.
I was digging a lot of targets just to get to know the machine.
Bottom line is, coins just plain sound good even with nails in the same hole. Trash sounds like trash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 03:26AM by Cabin Fever.
March 29, 2015 01:48AM
I have a couple photos but not sure how to post on them on this forum
March 29, 2015 01:54AM
Welcome to the forum Cabin Fever. I'm sending you a pm to help with posting photos.
March 29, 2015 02:29AM
Thanks for the help Tnsharpshooter.
Here a couple photos of coins found with rusty nails directly over them
These were good signals.
The second photo shows my 9" Garrett pointer in the hole where I pulled the wheat penny out of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 03:20AM by Cabin Fever.
March 29, 2015 03:48AM
Hello WJS any chance of getting your daughter to narrate again, she is quite the little narrator! That oldest CZ video on your page with you & her is a classic! NICE & HH
March 29, 2015 04:02AM
Nice post..

Yes the Racer/CoRe will make you dig targets that should be iffy to even non report on some machines unless set up correctly from trial and error and experience... but you wont Know it with this Unit because it takes care of the setup for you....

Sort of cheating in away

Good eye opener for you!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla