Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool owners (fire caused by charging)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstool owners (fire caused by charging)
March 26, 2015 03:41AM
Re: Blisstool owners (fire caused by charging)
March 26, 2015 03:38PM
That company really blew it on this forum and many other forums I think their sales have never really taken off...the deus and racer and Co Re have trumped all of the top five and moved them down a few notches in the US market...just my thoughts

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 26, 2015 03:55PM
Always recharge during day and would never plug one in overnight...ought to cover it to be extra safe...Imagine under normal circumstances no problem but product malfunction is always on my mind...
Follow same procedure with phones I pads and such just to be sure...
March 26, 2015 04:09PM
TNSS-thanks for the post--just reinforces what we need to remember.
March 26, 2015 05:38PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That company really blew it on this forum and many
> other forums I think their sales have never really
> taken off...the DEUS and RACER and Co Re have
> trumped all of the top five and moved them down a
> few notches in the US market...just my thoughts

There you go. 2 in 1. Congrats!
March 26, 2015 07:43PM
I cant see where the official report says its a Blisstool charger it could just as well have been a Deus or a Minelab
March 26, 2015 07:53PM
Sanjuro, if I remember correctly, the report didn't indicate what started the fire. I guess the OP on the other forum knows the people involved.
March 26, 2015 08:38PM
I didn't post this to bash any company. Just heads up. I try to help keep folks informed. IMO no Lithium battery should be charged or left on charge unattended.
March 26, 2015 11:40PM
Lithium-ion battery packs have a overcharge circuit board built into the pack to prevent overcharging.

I read that post and it says the cord attached to the wall outlet blew and caused the fire.
That indicates the charger itself had the problem not the battery. Was the charger made for the US electrical current or overseas current and or was it using a universal
power outlet connector?

My guess the charger got too hot, sparked, a flame started melted the plastic and wire jackets, plastic just keeps burning right up to the outlet.
melted burning plastic dropped and caused other items to ignite.

I have never had problems with Lithium-ion battery packs, been using and recharging them for the past 5 years.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 27, 2015 02:50AM
Any charge system has the potential for failure and Sven has a good point. I have never had a problem with the Excall but have read of explosions when the connector was plugged in to the battery in the incorrect alignment. So be careful and make sure everything is done right.