Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Racer hunt with pic

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Makro Racer hunt with pic
March 28, 2015 03:15PM
Went down by the river this morning to try this baby out. DI3 99 sens. Ran into some nice coins. Actually pulled a spanish bit. Have found them in the area before in cleaner ground. The ole crusty indian is 1888. I know Keith has said things that read 82 on Racer are junk if coin hunting. These IHs all came in dead nuts 82 on the meter. I don't know what the first generation IHs will read as I don't have one. I think Keith mentioned 76, this may be what they ring up as. The tone over good quality metal targets is in fact very crisp and clean vs junk/screw caps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 03:17PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Makro Racer hunt with pic
March 28, 2015 03:30PM
Nice digs...if I was hunting in an old site I would dig all 82s

in that modern trash dump I was in last Night 82 was everywhere...LOL

Yes OLD indians on my unit read 74 the Civil War indians.....New Indians read 82..

Glad I dont hunt modern sites much...I would have to be scared to leave 82s and they are everywhere...Date your sites...Know when and where what numbers to dig .....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2015 03:38PM
The only thing I can add maybe, is worn coins can fool one is they are not careful. The worn seated dime came in using the CoRes unit at 83, a couple points low. This may in fact have been the reason it wasn't dug. As there was clad all around. The tone over the seated was very short/crisp. This may be the clue if one wants to maybe cull the lower readings and put the odds a little better in their favor without having to dig all the "what can be a times" screws caps/junk. I can say this. In DI3 99 sens, with small coil this unit bangs a nickel with the coil held a longs ways in the air with nickel on top of the ground. Also in DI3 99 sens unit seems to be a tad more sparky vs CoRe with same settings. And this is understandable since the DI3 mode was amped up a little. Still though at 99 sens DI3 on Racer with small coil very doable/enjoyable to use/hunt.
March 28, 2015 04:04PM
On my Pre production Racer the small coil is as deep in 2 tone as it is 3 tone..put the the stock coil on and the machine is deeper by a good bit in 2 tone..

I still say the small OOR(Out Of Round) coil is very unique...it's amped up..

without the small coil the Racer would not what it is..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2015 04:18PM
I agree Keith. For the folks out there. Let me make a few comments on the Racer's saved settings. This may have already been mention but I will again mention. The in/cm depth once you get it set stays saved. So does the back light setting, as well as the vibration handle setting. The rest will always come on at default settings. But folks you shouldn't let that be a decider for not purchasing. To set the Racer up to hunt is simple/fast. The layout and screen setting navigation is grand. Machine handles very nice as well. Short, medium, and tall folks; I see no problems. I'm 5'11" tall. I can use my unit in the 4th hole from the bottom on the rod settting, 3rd hole as well but seems a tad long. So there is a lot of adjustment below and above my rod settings. Fascinating package. Remember folks I have 2 Xp Deus, CTX, F75LTD2, Nokta CoRe unit. I have had etracs and White's V3i. None of the units I have or have had shames the Racer in ergonomics/weight not even the Deus. I'm no salesman nor do I have any financial connections to Makro. I just tell things like I see them. If the CoRe and Racer units are indeed so-called warm up units from these folks we had maybe better hold on. Because if they are we maybe in for a real ride down the road.
March 28, 2015 04:47PM
Great hunt there. What coil were you using?
wjs
March 28, 2015 04:54PM
Awesome, thanks for the report.
March 28, 2015 05:08PM
Just lurking these days as I am sure people are getting all the Racer posts they want here and then some. Just wanted to chime in that the Racer is everything I hoped it would be. Great little detector.

Wish I could find some coins like those! Guess I need to actually go look for them for that to happen though. I will have to try and squeeze a coin hunt in between nugget hunts at some point.

Best of luck to everyone!
March 28, 2015 05:19PM
Great Job! My racer was suppose to be here today. Post office already closed. Hopefully Monday. Got good weather coming in next week. Will be out for sure.
March 28, 2015 06:13PM
Nice digs TNSS

love the "bit" coin ;-)
March 29, 2015 12:55AM
Thanks all for your comments. BTW, this was a small coil hunt. This particular area had a historic river crossing used by Indians, early explorers, and folks going west. And then after fishing and agricultural interests in the 20th and 21st centuries. Now the river is dredged and a dam has been built, so the crossing is no longer shallow like it once was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 12:57AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 31, 2015 02:12PM
Nice job tn! Will be interesting to see how it does down here as well.