Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just opened my Racer that came today....First impressions

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just opened my Racer that came today....First impressions
March 29, 2015 02:31AM
Put it together and right off the bat noticed the stock 11 inch coil ears seem thin to me. The small Racer coil that came has very beefy ears just like the CoRe. I've always had epoxy filled coils, this is my first injection molded coil, I'm skeptical what can I say. The coil bolts are very nice and beefy. The shaft is nice quality and the locking nuts are excellent. The coil wire connector looks excellent quality, easy to insert into the female fitting on the back of the control module and tighten, CoRe not so easy. Loaded the batteries and turned on the detector. Heck I'm running a CoRe, no wait it's a Racer, gotta look to see. What is very nice is the armrest, nice and wide and padded, kudo's Makro! Adjusted the armrest on the battery housing to where it felt good then grabbed the foam on the S shaft to get the feel of it. I'm not an S shaft fan at all and well this one included, personal choice, your choice might be different. Spent about 10 minutes scanning coins and a couple of buttons on the bedroom floor, and well, it sounds good and is as far as I'm concerned a CoRe. What I did notice with the stock coil while scanning is the balance is weight forward just enough to aggrevate me. I can feel the S shaft in my wrist already. Having ran the CoRe for quite a bit I'm gonna say for me it is ergnomically superior. I can't even tell it's on my arm it balances so well. Now the Racer with the small coil might be a different story, I'll see later. Not that there are many adjustments to make but the heads up display is very nice and really easy to navigate. You don't have to get out the manual and look at it to navigate it, very straight forward. The buttons are very easy and feel solid when moving moving through the modes and such. I wonder what made them chose the overload sound for the machine, I kept wanting to run for the nearest exit but I'll just live with that one. The CoRe overload is less airspace intrusive. Overall looks like a pretty good machine, if the small coil is what I think it is like the CoRe it's gonna be killer in the field. It's gonna get a workout Tuesday, secret place I just aquired permission to hunt on all I want and bring a friend or two. In the RIGHT SPOT I'm tellin ya!
Re: Just opened my Racer that came today....First impressions
March 29, 2015 02:43AM
With the small coil it is very balanced...will have to try the standard..but I may want to get the 5X10 is that out yet???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 08:10PM by Lawrenzo.
March 29, 2015 04:05AM
LOL Jack you went and bought a Racer..

Figured you for a CoRe man!!

they are alot alike yet slightly different...

Im more inclined to the Racer Now..the Audio seems more precise...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 29, 2015 10:36AM
I barely had any threads sticking out the other end for the nut on the coil bolt. And it took me 20 minutes to get the cover on the stock coil. Other than that I like what I see. But 22 degrees this morning means I'll wait to hunt with it.
March 29, 2015 12:16PM
Keith I just had to see..........The redhead stepchild of the CoRe kept calling it's brother for some reason wanting to come stay here.
Goodmore, yep that's one tight coil cover, nice and thick though.
Now try and take that coil cover off! Whew I thought I was gonna have to call for reinforcements.
Can't wait to take it to that secret spot........
March 29, 2015 12:43PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I barely had any threads sticking out the other
> end for the nut on the coil bolt. And it took me
> 20 minutes to get the cover on the stock coil.
> Other than that I like what I see. But 22 degrees
> this morning means I'll wait to hunt with it.

I agree. The hardest part of putting the Racer together was putting the
cover on the stock 11" coil. Just for drill, I took it off and put it back
on again. It was easier the second time. And by then I realized how
hard I'd have to press to make it click into place. But at least I'm not
worried that the cover will fall off accidentally!
March 29, 2015 08:16PM
Hey I have not tried the 11" coil yet or put it on does anyone want to race me???? I think the racer is a really nice machine and the bang for the buck is well worth getting it. It could be a sleeper for me and only time will tell and I don't hunt that much this time of year. So I will do small hunts and see what it can do and take my Deus with me and my camera..that alone tires me out and in the hot sun I can last about three hours this time of year. But I would rather hunt less and dig more because once I get tired I start to dig less and walk away from some iffy tagetes....I'm not really in the grove anymore..I love the fall and winter to hunt but with the racer and an update for the deus this will be a testing spring and summer for me...I don't want to look at another new machine for at least a year..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!