Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CoRe? Does anyone have a TID READOUT chart

Posted by bubbadirect 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CoRe? Does anyone have a TID READOUT chart
March 29, 2015 10:05PM
Does anyone have a chart readout of the Nokta FORS CoRe of relics/coins here in the states? Or would air testing them be similar to ground readings/TID numbers?

Also, if you do, are the numbers much different between the 3 coils?

Looking for brass/flat button readings to lead/3 ringers. I figure I can figure out the coins of anything reading 82 or higher?

Thank you,
BUBBA
Re: CoRe? Does anyone have a TID READOUT chart
March 30, 2015 02:12AM
The manual states US nickels at 56-58, dimes at 84-86 and quarters at 88-92. I have only been out once and I think zincs were about 82. It's a pretty tight grouping. Aluminum tabs with the tail bent around were coming in around there too. I need more time on it.
March 30, 2015 04:06AM
I encourage all using both the Racers and CoRes units to get you some screw caps, drinkk lids, beer tops. And get you some late model pennies. With small coil sweep all the targets and note both the quality of the tone and the length of tone. There's a big difference. Just today for example I got a 82. Tone was blah and long. I hadn't found much so dug the target for gee wiz. Turned out to be a light bulb base. I saw this earlier again this week. And I'll bet the farm if you would have hit both of the light bulb bases with say an Etrac, you'd thought copper or silver all the way. I know because this happened to me more than once when I used to run Etracs.
March 30, 2015 05:21AM
I haven't dug any real deep coins, mostly surface down to 4 inches. The tones from those about blew my headphones off. Very sharp and defined.
March 30, 2015 01:29PM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't dug any real deep coins, mostly surface
> down to 4 inches. The tones from those about blew
> my headphones off. Very sharp and defined.

I agree tab. Like TNSS said, sound trumps TID READOUT. And like I just posted (I've got alot to learn) but the aluminum sounded "HOLLOW" if that makes sense. Whereas the coinage was tighter sounding to me?

TNSharpshooter is soooooooo right about "training/retraining" your brain to listen to what the machine is telling us. Oh boy. I've got some retraining to do!
Here's some of mine
March 30, 2015 03:20PM
Fors Core

GB Between 58-60
11" coil
DI3 Mode. Mask = 23, sens = 85

US clad Quarter.........88
US clad Dime............85
50c 40% silver...........93
Zinc Penny................,82
.58 minie....................82
.58 ball......................82
.69 minie...................82
.69 ball......................82
.52 Spencer..............78-80
J hook......................73-75

Hope this helps.
March 30, 2015 10:30PM
posted my questions under new topic. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 11:25PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.