Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Playing around with Racer/F75LTD2

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Playing around with Racer/F75LTD2
March 30, 2015 05:01AM
I did a few test this afternoon just to maybe see how the settings affect the Racer's performance. First I checked using small coil over a quarter on my front concrete steps. Ground grab 62. Very interesting. DI2 indicates being deeper than DI3 in airtest with quarter laying on my steps. I let the next upper step be my distance measurer. In DI3 if you get tone you get TID. In DI2 there's about the small coil thickness advantage in depth, but this tone distance advantage offers no TID. I checked this mitigating for possible EMI using all channels. Now an in ground target may show different. But will be watching to see if anyone reports digging a target in DI3 where they got tone, but no TID.

Also for gee wiz got out my F75LTD2 and put the small coil on. The test above the quarter showed Racer DI2 results mirroring F75LTD2 results with F75LTD2 BP 0 disc 99 sen 9.0. And the F75LTD2 giving TID at a higher distance than Racer in DI2. But tone distance looked to be close to spot on between the units.

Now to my buried 10" nickel in 4 bar indicated soil on F75LTD2. On Racer this 4 bar looks to show the pie graph covered to about the little hand 7:30 position on a clock.

Racer with stock coil in DI3. I played with freq offset to find the best when making settings changes. In DI3 I was able to get the clearest signal with gain at 95 ID filter 5. Trying gain 99 ID filter 10 not as good-static in signal on some sweeps. It's like 99 is too much overdrive. (CoRe unit seems a little better at 99 vs Racer-not as overdriven) For those deep seekers and using DI3 this may be the ticket. I hunted around in my yard some with this setup, and mind you it's loaded with iron and who knows what. IMO very doable.
I also was noting coil sweep speed sensitivity and coil position over target, then I got my F75LTD2 with stock coil. Ran it 9.0 o disc BP sens 99, I checked all the freq offsets to find what I thought was the best performing. Sweeping the 10" nickel. Machine would hit it. Coil position IMO more critical than Racer, sweep speed as well. Something to note. I checked first in 2F tones. I got curious and went to 3H tones. In order to get the high tone coil position extremely critical, sweep speed not as critical but critical nonetheless. I feel the Racer is probably handling the ground minerals better. Its coil over this particular ground seems to be more open vs F75LTD2-more closed.