Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer small coil depth

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer small coil depth
March 30, 2015 11:21PM
Took my Racer out for my first hunt with the small coil. Wasn't a long hunt but was able to find a pocket knife, 2 dimes and a nickel. Nothing old. Was wondering if anyone has dug up any old coins at good depth with the small coil. Planning on taking the Racer over to a park that I pulled some 8 inch plus Indian Heads, Barber and Buffalo nickel out of a area with the Deus that was cover in trash and iron. Is the small coil to small to hit coins at this depth or should I use the standard coil instead? Will the standard coil pickup targets in a trashy iron area like the Deus can? Anyone Thanks
Re: Racer small coil depth
March 31, 2015 12:23AM
Not coins but low brass and small lead relics..

Some at a good 7 inches...

the small coil is as hot as a F75 BP mode with small coil yet not as sluggish as a BP mode..

I worked through a spot last night and found 5 targets in nails that was left..It was a psot where i dug a Eagle R Button around Christmas and me and a buddy had really worked hard opn this small area..it was hutned hard before I got a Eagle R out of there.. all the finds were small= whittled on lead piece ,,,Brass Grommet,,,a carved winged device of sorts,, and a lead pencil...It crazy how the Racer and CoRe see such small items other machines are ignoring in iron...YET its the small stuff...mayeb thats whats left after hard hunting..small non ferrous...Actually the Racer is seeing better in iron than the Core I have found small coil Vs small coil...

The Racer is my true Niche machine in this regard.. small coil in iron nails seeing small Non ferrous with ease it seems...

everytime out with the Racer I find a handful of relics in hunted hard sites...

It ought to see a Dollar gold coin very well in iron..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 31, 2015 12:49AM
I have a feeling there's going to be afew $1 gold coins that fall victim with Core/Racer users this year. Wonder what they'll id at on these machines? Anybody know what # they id at?

Thanks John
March 31, 2015 01:04AM
So how deep can I expect to hit coins ( silver) with the small coil in trash or iron? I bought the Racer for coins. Did great with the Deus. Was looking for a deep coin detector with a fast recovery speed for trash and iron. Any thoughts? Thanks
March 31, 2015 01:14AM
I dont Know your ground Sir...

But on a Silver dime in iron 7 inches would not be unrealistic with small coil and proper sweep and tuned ear to the sound..

One thing Of Note..and its one of the reasons I really stressed the small coil on the Pro Pack...(THANKS MAKRO FOR THAT)... is the Coil is very unique and in a league of its own in my opinion ..I had already seen it witht he CoRe and the racer did not dissapoint in staying true to design..

the coil is deep for size and also very acurate target I.D.'s even with intermingled trash Like nails...

Doing testign I found coins with it that I.D as the should but upon retrieval there was nails in the hole...

The mropepeople use the machien in trash with that coil I feel moreGREAT finds can be found...

I wish i could tell you you will dig a 10 inch dime in a hole full of nails and its sound great and I.d perfect...But you will find also that depth is nopt going to be everything wiht that coil its will be the unmasking that set a perspon back...Depth for the size is there but the combo is what will get you the goodies..good depth and great unmasking..

especially say hunters who are not really used to trying to heavily unmask in iron.. they will be the most surprised at what they have left behind till now...

keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 31, 2015 01:30AM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So how deep can I expect to hit coins ( silver)
> with the small coil in trash or iron? I bought the
> Racer for coins. Did great with the Deus. Was
> looking for a deep coin detector with a fast
> recovery speed for trash and iron. Any thoughts?
> Thanks

Let me see if I can explain. You have a site that has produced with Deus digging roughly 8" plus coins. Okay, first you are assuming all the coins left are deep?? How do you know. I have seen my CoRe unit with stock coil see nonferrous that Deus with both 9" and 11" coils couldn't see. Not many mind you but still did. I have seen even more situations where my CoRe unit with small coil seen nonferrous that Deus with 9" coil couldn't see. Granted this is not a Racer I commented on, but the CoRe unit operates very similar to Racer. I haven't had my Racer long enough to do some head to head with Deus. For your site, I would first run the stock coil and see what happens. While doing so pay attention to where the nails/trash is thickest. Then use the small coil and start in the roughest spots first and then progress. Your soil mineralization is going to drive your achievable depth to a degree. Keith said he got some small target at 7" roughly. His soil is pretty warm, and the Racer does handle warmer ground pretty good. The small coil is deep for it's size and especially for separation ability and the frequency it's utilizing.
March 31, 2015 01:31AM
Thank you so much Keith for your help. That makes me feel better knowing it is possible to get some decent depth out of that small coil. I bought 3 of the 4 coils for the Racer. I really thought the 5 by 10 inch coil would be a good coil. If I had to pick 2 it would be the small coil and 5 by 10 coil for the Racer for my kind of hunting. Thanks, Kevin
March 31, 2015 01:34AM
Took my 5" coil out yesterday for the first time. All coins were 5 to 6 inches including one merc dime.
They all came in real strong with solid ID both directions and loud. None of the signals were weak.
Very heavy trash.
March 31, 2015 01:43AM
Sounds Good on the coins cabin fever...!!

McCrory very welcome...and yes the 5x10 is a great design coil..Hope its great on the Racer...

I could put it to some good use in some thick briar thickets...

Time will tell...

-Nikola Tesla
March 31, 2015 01:50AM
That's great Cabinfever. That's what I want to hear. Hoping to pull some goodies out of our park tomorrow. I really enjoyed using the Racer today. Thanks
March 31, 2015 02:04AM
The more gain you use the bigger the footprint gets on the small coil so to gain some depth you could try turning down the disc....But I don't think you can count on the small coil as being your deep coil when in trash or iron it is not always about depth..clean out an area with the small coil and then try the standard coil and see how much depth you gain. As they say for a small coil it's deep but not going to get the same depth as a larger coil the other coil is it a 5x8 maybe the one you want to use in iron and trash that is a bit clearner..On mine when I turn up the gain I also have a larger footprint so when hunting in iron or trash it maybe a good idea to trun it down...I think Tom said the depth doesn't really change from 35 and up

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 31, 2015 02:35AM
Thanks tnsharpshooter and Lawrenzo. Some parts of this park are trashy with iron and other parts have just trash. There is a area that I want to hunt that I have pulled Seated coins out of it but, so trashy that even the deus couldn't pull any targets out of it. Hoping the small coil will bring some life to this area. There is one area that is low iron and mild trashy that the older coins seem to be very deep. Hoping the large coil can get me some keepers. I have found old coins in this park from 4 to 12 inches deep. It was a old fair grounds from the mid to late 1800's. I haven't found any Large cents or half dimes in this park. Very few old quarters or halves. Mostly old dimes and Indian heads. I have found Shied nickels, V nickels and Buffalo nickels Thanks again for all your help
March 31, 2015 02:52AM
Sounds like the park has been hunted for EASY silver by the finds left...

Indians and dimes and nickles can be problematic..

Someone pillaged the Quarters,,,halves and dollars..and Large cents..

Rest assured theres still some large coins there..

they are going to be deep and or masked..

down my way just about every large cent Ive dug has been WAY DEEP...in hunted hard sites...they read like a whisper and have the nail sound to them...

dimes and indians and such were left because of relying on I.D.........dirty nickles like Buffs and Shields and V's read lower than the newer dropped Jeffersons too so they got left by the I.D. hunter..

Now were working off sonic audio nuances coupled with accurate I.D.'s...!!Go get em!

yet to get the half dimes ...That Sounds reasonable .....theres some 3 centers there TOO!! And Surely the beautiful 2 center!! My favorite non Silver coin!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 31, 2015 02:57AM
Thanks Keith! Will let everyone know if I find some goodies. Thanks all.