Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone head ANY reports about a release date for the G2 Plus???

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone head ANY reports about a release date for the G2 Plus???
March 31, 2015 03:11AM
Sure to goodness, IF Fisher Labs stay true to their Teknetics G2/ Fisher Gold Bug Pro type of strategy, it would seem that placing a Fisher F-19 (which replaced the Fisher Gold Bug Pro) control board (or whatever their called) into a G2 chassis (if that's what it's called) would be simple. That will very likely be my next detector. If just for the 11 inch DD searchcoil....which was standard issue on the G2......my all tyme fave.
My dream unit: A Teknetics G2 Plus with 11 inch coil, 5x10 DD coil, and the 13" Ultimate coil.
The only issue that I had with the Ultimate coil is that I couldn't hug/ get near tree trunks....you know......where the buckles are hiding........hopefully.
Anyway......just wanting to chew the fat. If anyone hears anything about a release date.......and would post it......that would be champion. Happy Detecting to all of you gals/ guys out there in Internet land.
Re: Has anyone head ANY reports about a release date for the G2 Plus???
March 31, 2015 01:37PM
I would like to know as well. I've had my eye on this one
March 31, 2015 03:26PM
Don't have a release date info for you Kevin----but----I think the G2+ is going to be an F-19 with the stand up pistol grip, G2 type (shaped) buttons & a 11" bi-axial coil.-------We shall see!
March 31, 2015 03:40PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't have a release date info for you
> Kevin----but----I think the G2+ is going to be an
> F-19 with the stand up pistol grip, G2 type
> (shaped) buttons & a 11" bi-axial coil.-------We
> shall see!
YEP. Same machine different clothes. I like the sturdy feel of the S rod on the 19 over the grip on the G.
March 31, 2015 04:51PM
Yes. the F19 is certainly more sturdy since the control box is not perched on the handle. Maybe they will address this on the G2 Plus. I mean, several companies put their control box on the handle. F-75? It always feels more sturdy than the G2 (and I'm an ole G2 fan). The MXT and MXT Pro and All Pro. Et Cetera. But the G2 still manages to start wiggling a bit too much and is quite noticeable when you start to screw a new coil cable into the control box. Maybe they will see this post ( likely not) and will beef up the handle area for us Teknetics fans. But like Khouse said, the F-19 and the Gold Bug Pro were/are sturdier since they mount the control box directly to the S-Rod. And I have no beefs with it. But I personally (due to meta-carpal something or other), I find the Teknetics grip more inviting. But I do NOT like the wiggle. They could sturdy that sucker up with a little thinking......or so I believe. Could be wrong.
Anyway, happy swinging yo!..lol kevin