Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Disappointing hunt with my Racer today

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Disappointing hunt with my Racer today
April 03, 2015 12:48AM
And something I forgot to mention and may come in handy. If you'll look back at NASA Tom's Makro Racer field test, you'll notice in his I believe inert or close to inert soil testing, he comments that AM depth and DI2 depth are one and the same. But TID is reported at deeper depths in AM vs DI2. I mention this because it's very easy to toggle from DI3 or DI2 to AM to maybe make the TID come in or possibly improve. I'm not sure though how this would work on say a target engulfed in nails/iron bits though. And one nice thing on the Racer. When you're setting up to hunt you can dial different gain levels up for All modes, and they will stay at their settings as long as you don't turn your unit off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 12:52AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 03, 2015 12:59AM
yes thats not a fair assesement...the etrac is runing a pattern the Racer is basically hearing it all...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 03, 2015 01:12AM
When using the Racer which technique do you use when sweeping the coil. Do you let the coil sweep across the ground as close as possible or do you sweep it a inch or so above the ground. I personally like to sweep my coil as close to the ground as possible. Anybody?
April 03, 2015 01:18AM
Experiment on some target's at different sweep heights McCrory..

Come back and tell us what you discover...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 03, 2015 01:28AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> And one nice thing on the
> Racer. When you're setting up to hunt you can
> dial different gain levels up for All modes, and
> they will stay at their settings as long as you
> don't turn your unit off.

I noticed this when doing some trail run testing at home, this really makes it easy to switch modes on that iffy target and see which mode works best at the site being detected, a brilliant design in simplicity and usability.
April 03, 2015 12:55PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hombre, Do you have the Racer and small coil? If
> so can you do the depth test with your buried
> coins and tell me how the small coil preforms?
> Thanks

Dude...cant YOU bury a coin and do it yourself? I know...Im an a$$hole. Just dont know why you want someone else to do what YOU need to do..Hombre doesnt have your soil,etc.
April 03, 2015 04:07PM
Deathray, The reason I ask Hombre to do the test was I figured coins that have been in the ground for a while will test differently than freshly buried coins. Am I wrong in thinking this? Anyone! Yes I can go out bury some coins. Anyone can do that. Just didn't think it would be the same. But thanks for your opinion thou.