Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is ground balance tied to the sensitivity setting on the f75ltd2

Posted by DirtyJohn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is ground balance tied to the sensitivity setting on the f75ltd2
April 05, 2015 06:23AM
I was wondering if it would be a good thing to lower the sensitivity before doing a fast grab, so you're not sampling such a large section of ground and possibly getting a scewed reading because of nearby rust flakes or iron. I don't know if fast grab is just done at a fixed setting not related to your sensitivity. In that case it wouldn't matter.

I also remember on my old T2 that you could adjust the pinpoint sensitvity setting, not so on the f75's
Thanks,

HH
John
Re: Is ground balance tied to the sensitivity setting on the f75ltd2
April 05, 2015 01:05PM
Ok - I missed that feature on my T2. - yep pull the trigger and adjust Pinpoint sensitivity separate from All Metal and Discrimination. So now to the F75 - my guess and it is only a guess is that All Metal Sensitivity affects Pinpoint - but since the F75 has Non Motion All Metal - it may be that pinpoint sensitivity is fixed but you have non motion mode you can adjust it there.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
April 06, 2015 12:51AM
If your dirt causes a ground balance of ...... say...... '56',,,,,,,, then your dirts phase-angle is '56'............ regardless of Sens setting.

Also, , , , , differing Grnd Balance numbers do indeed cause more/less sensitivity to different objects. (Affects depth of detection). Usually....... the lower the Grnd Bal numbers...... the less sensitivity to lower conductors (like small gold jewelry).
April 06, 2015 05:09AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If your dirt causes a ground balance of ......
> say...... '56',,,,,,,, then your dirts phase-angle
> is '56'............ regardless of Sens setting.
>
> Also, , , , , differing Grnd Balance numbers do
> indeed cause more/less sensitivity to different
> objects. (Affects depth of detection).
> Usually....... the lower the Grnd Bal
> numbers...... the less sensitivity to lower
> conductors (like small gold jewelry).

Thanks Tom for your response.

I asked because on alot of my sights it can be difficult sometimes to find a clean piece of ground under the coil to GB, and if I do find a small patch of clean ground it sometimes isn't much bigger than the coil. I worry that I may have nearby, off to the side targets that will scew the sampling of the ground by the detector. I figured if sensitivity played a role in how much ground was sampled, by lowering it I might not get those side targets in the mix.

Also the ground in my area will change to clay at average of about 8 inches in depth and I was wondering if the GB punches that deep to take the clay into account.
HH
John
April 06, 2015 12:00PM
John..... yes. Deep clay is indeed 'electroncially seen' by the detector........ but......... depending on its depth (signal strength).....will dictate what percentage of Grnd Balance will be affected...... on a 'overall' (total equation) basis.
April 06, 2015 12:56PM
Hi,,,,It seems to me even at your machines lowest sensitivity it's signal is actually seeing way deeper than eight inches....My proof of this or an example of this would be bury a manhole cover two feet down....I guarantee your machine will hear it....I have had many times where I had to drop the sensitivity down to ground balance the machine....Now on the other hand I have had deep coins that were coming in so,so,,,then when I shifted the ground balance their signal would sometimes be greatly improved.....JJ