Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can Two Racer's Be Friends + A Little Review

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Can Two Racer's Be Friends + A Little Review
April 05, 2015 04:37PM
Hi,,,,Okay I'm kinda curious if two Racer's can play together in the same sandbox?....I am contemplating on getting one but the jury's still out on that thought....I did get to test one out on a limited basis....First off it's not really red to me like I see on the web,,it's more of a medium burgundy color....For those of you that have an overload problem,it's still capable of achieving 8" in an air test on a U.S. copper penny with a setting of the Gain at 39 & the ID filter at 10 (stock coil) in the two tone mode....To get the most out of this machine it is very important to know when you can Rev the Racer up and when you need to Throttle it back....This machine will false a lot when it's settings are not set correctly for the site you are working... Regardless of what I have read I see a long learning curve before I could be proficient with it....It's ergonomics fall somewhere between an AT Pro and an F-75/T-2... I can't help thinking that there's something not quite right with the coil shielding (stock coil) on these units or at least the one I tested....I really need one for a whole day to do some real thorough tests and have a more accurate detailed report....I did not dig any targets because of the plethora of targets in the area I was testing,besides it was cold out....In closing I would like to thank coinranger for making this short test possible.....JJ
Re: Can Two Racer's Be Friends + A Little Review
April 05, 2015 04:47PM
I think they have a freq. offset jimmy that allows 2 to play in the same sandbox?

Ask Keith or someone but I think I've heard someone here say that they do & can
April 05, 2015 04:52PM
Hi Wayne,,,,,yeah I'm aware of the frequency shift on the units....But would the crosstalk cause a lack of depth etc.?....I think it would take someone with two Racer's to give an accurate report....We got a snow storm here last night and the spot I want to work is still frozen...........Crazy..................JJ
April 05, 2015 05:16PM
From what I've seen, it will false in the air some, but soon as the coil hits the ground it quiets down and is in find it mode. It does false on nails/iron a lot, I mean a lot but that is exactly where the break point is at and it will show the target for what it really is with just a 90 degree move around the target. If you move around that target and it is still sounding good and solid it is something good. I've never had a machine that ID's bad metal so good and so proficient. Therefore it let's me hear the good targets. IOW I'm getting to do the detecting and deciding and not a filter of some sort that might be 50-60% correct most of the time. JJ you are right about it can be noisy, a brainwashing beating in fact is a good way to describe it sometimes. However it is seeing way more than most all machines of what the metal mix is like in the ground. My findings are the small debri masking, which it actually sees, that other machines just cloud out about and stay quiet. But doing that it is seeing the masking debri, and it is seeing the good targets too. After reading this I just turned on the Racer and the CoRe and they are not chatty at all together. They were both laying on the floor about 4 ft apart. My TRX gives it some feedback but heck I'm not using it when the TRX is on. LOL it actually reminds me that I might not have cut the TRX off if I don't with the feedback through the headphones. They might not, Racers, same frequency not offset be able to play in the same sandbox. But if you pull up to a place to hunt and you see someone swinging something red or burgundy out there, just get back in the truck and go find someplace else, they are gonna clean the lot LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2015 05:27PM by Jack Flynn.
April 05, 2015 05:21PM
The racer is a nice machine but once you have owned and learned to use the deus the racer is easy to adjust on the fly and I did that yesterday had to slow it down on the gain and up the disc a bit...I would email the company because when they do their testing I'm sure they bring out a few detectors at the same time...use this link and see if you can send her a message...I'm sure Keith knows how to get a hold of them [www.findmall.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 05, 2015 05:47PM
Hi,,,I really did not notice any or not much of an air noise issue.....The audio was also speaking a language that I clearly understood too....I did notice if the ID filter was raised a little that the audio became suppressed or nullified somewhat....I did not think it was overly noisy in this fairground type scenario....I only need one day with one to see if it's worth a second glance.....Lowboy I'm still waiting on a reply from a previous e-mail attempt I made to the company,,so that looks like a no go right now .........JJ
April 05, 2015 05:55PM
JJ I'll have to say and this is just from my standpoint. One day with one won't be enough. Took me about 50 hrs running the Turk machine for it to teach me what it was saying and make me somewhat proficient. Now with close to 250 hrs on them it has taught me well, I feel. I'll rent ya mine for 50 bucks a day with a 700.00 deposit LOOOOL.
April 05, 2015 06:00PM
Hi Jack,,,,I would easily know if it's right for me in way less than four to eight hours...But I would not be proficient with one for maybe one to two years or more.....JJ
April 05, 2015 06:27PM
It takes very little time on the racer to understand what it is telling you if you have used other detectors that work the same way...for me about half a day and I fully understood what it was telling me. On iffy targets it's another story on just about any detector and the racer is no different...easy to understand I think it was the deus that got my mind to understand how machines talk..Keith is the expert he can pick up a machine and know in a short time if he is going to like it or not...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 05, 2015 07:53PM
250 hours of use on it ready?!! That comes out to 8 hours a day of use for over 30 days! Ya'll take this stuff serious.
April 05, 2015 09:10PM
The Racer don't like to play with the etrac. I was hunting with a buddy last weekend and I couldn't get within 20 feet of him or my racer freak out I was running presets and didn't really try to adjust any thing cause we never got that close to one another. Then yesterday when I turned on the Racer to get started,went to ground balance and i started to get the overload sound no matter what I did it would not shut up. Try ed turning it off and on still overload. Finally can't remember what I did but it straighten up and was able to hunt for a couple hours with great results. I just been huntin in presets and never really messed with the settings much. But I got to a spot where last weekend I dug a couple war nickels and a few wheats and was getting a good signal both ways but no id. So I cranked the gain to 91 wow great signal with 86 87 I'd got a merk at about 8 inches. So I just left it at 91 and got a few wheats and another merk all in a small area where I had dug the nickels the week before. So I guess it's time to start playin with the setting alittle. The more I use it the more I like it.
April 05, 2015 09:26PM
Hi hightone,,,,Yeah my old hunting buddy said that his locked into overdrive and the only remedy was to pull the batteries out....After that it never slipped a gear it may need an overhaul/update or maybe even a possible a fluid change in the near future.....JJ
April 05, 2015 09:47PM
Yea jj it was weird...I used it last nite and this morning with no problems...hopein it don't need a overhaul already I'm just gettin to like it.
April 06, 2015 12:03AM
Hightone, remind your buddy to do a noise cancel on the etrac. Listen to the Racer when he does it....you'll hear the freq's that clash...
April 06, 2015 12:24AM
Thanks ozzie we will try that.
April 06, 2015 01:17AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 250 hours of use on it ready?!! That comes out to
> 8 hours a day of use for over 30 days! Ya'll take
> this stuff serious.

250 hrs on the Turk "machines" CoRe included lol....254 after today, and yes the nuances is what makes them so special

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2015 01:20AM by Jack Flynn.
April 06, 2015 01:23AM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Jack,,,,I would easily know if it's right for
> me in way less than four to eight hours...But I
> would not be proficient with one for maybe one to
> two years or more.....JJ

Well JJ it it'll take that long to find yourself with the Racer, oh my!!! That tells me there are some detectors i.e. White's V3i that would takes decades for you to learn!!!! LOL
I think after a couple well put to use months, you would be on top of the Racer. Just my opinion, and you are not a wet behind the ears detectorist either.
April 06, 2015 02:58AM
Hi TSS,,,,Yeah I could run one and probably do good or decent right away?.....Most people if not all will find a coin and say I found a coin.....I find a coin and say why did I find that coin, then the data storing process begins....I try to learn a machine well enough hunting by sound only and I can usually tell what the item is before I dig it....Most every thing/items seems to have their own sound that the right machine will interpret just a little differently.....Injun's to me seem to have their own little raspy sound they emit just a little differently too over a wheat cent etc......Every location seems to be just a tad different as far as audio responses go too.....You never stop learning if you think you know it all and stop learning then why detect....Part of the fun & challenge is going into a spot where Mr. Know It All has been and pull the older gems he left behind....LoL........JJ
April 06, 2015 03:08AM
Yes JJ, all so true. This is one reason I like to even go back to sites I've already detected even with the same detector and coil at times. The brainstorming with one's self never ends it seems, if it does, you're correct, might as well hang up detecting and do something else. It is IMO a thinker's hobby.