Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A good all metal progam for the f75

Posted by John S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A good all metal progam for the f75
March 17, 2008 02:44PM
Got most of this program from Tinfoil and change it a little, his is for the beach . I went to a school and got in 2 hrs. 1.26 clad and the school has been hunt a lot. What I used was : go to all metal put it in stat , then go to man GB and GB it , then go to back up and put it in motion, threshold -1, audio pitch +9, sen. 80, put it in F7 push trigger and use the button to set. I did find 3 coins I know that were on edge 2 quarters and 1 dime at 4". The program works good in the trash, but the more trash the slower you go and did find coins where the trash was 1 target every in... Hope this helps.
why do you put it in static AM...then switch to motion???
March 17, 2008 05:10PM
just curious as to why this is recommended? Should GB exactly the same no matter what mode your using. Also...............Also.....I've compared the fast grab to manual GBN......and found that there is essentially no difference in the final setting. (did this a lot at first to confirn the accuracy of the Fast grab feature.) Seems to be pretty much spot on.....at least HERE........... Streak!
Re: A good all metal progam for the f75
March 17, 2008 05:40PM
I didn't say mine did GB at 72. You question. I think is depends on the water that in the ground. Because when it is wet mine will fast grab GB at 90 and stay there, but when the ground is dry it will change. But it you GB and will say it fast grab GB is on 75 , I think then you man. GB will be close to that. All so it will depend on the mineralization. But I know in the disc. mode and using fast grab where ever it is just hunt. did this help??
not really.
March 17, 2008 08:25PM
I can see where a bit of moisture will affect the GB (will turn the minerals on)...but not the accuracy of the Fast Grab. All my sites will Gb different depending on the moisture content...........but all will still fast grab dry Or wet. Do you have an unusually high salt content in your soil?? That would make it act like you were trying to Gb over wet salt sand.
Dont know what you meant at all by... " I didnt say mine did GB at 72".
Saw no reference to that at all in your origonal post...or my reply.
not sure what you meant by that........................
March 17, 2008 09:27PM
What I meant by GB on 72 was , when I GB in manual it was on 72, no I don't have salt in the ground here that I know of. The fast grab you use when your in Disc. mode and when your in the all metal use the manual Gb. What you can do is put it in the disc. mode and use the fast grab and see what it is there and then go to the all metal and manual GB it and you will have a idea of where the manual Gb is going to be.
March 18, 2008 12:40AM
Manual GB should always match FastGrab GB over the exact same spot.

Tom
March 18, 2008 01:31AM
Tom I am a bit confused..I am trying to learn the F75's settings to get the best performance..as I am In .3 feo ground..If the manual GB should always match the fast grab then what advantage is it to Do A manual GB..are you saying the F75 Built in Fast Grab is that good at reading the minerals that the manual GB when adding 3 numbers should be the best for performance..in .3 my fast grab will be around 90 down to 65..and If I see a change in the ground color I will fast grab more offten
please explain..I know in another post with me being in Iron hi-tone falsing you spoke about over driving the manual GB..this is intresting learning..thanks james..
adding three numbers WONT add performance......
March 18, 2008 02:08AM
not sure how that little bit of fiction got spread around.. Adding a couple positive numbers to the Gb setting will make it a bit quieter. thats it. if anything...except for a few extreme situations, a spot on Gb will provide the absolute best performance, EXCEPT fot the odd occasion where the ground is a bit "busy", and the resultant noise makes you miss targets....THEN a slightly pos Gb will make the machine quieter, and some targets may he heard better. Everything else being equal though.....................the Fast Grab does a very good jog at GBing the F75. I RARELY manual Gb anymore. This kinda reminds me of the freq controversy. A lot of guys out there are advocating running the 75 at its highest Freq setting and claiming superior performance. I dont buy it for a second. thats not to say there wont be the odd instance where your getting a bit of RF interfernce, and making an incremental chance to the freq wont make the difference.....but generally..........the increments are so small.....as a general rule it wont make any difference at all.
March 18, 2008 12:02PM
When I first got my f75 for a few days it stayed on 90 and I called Fisher about it. They said when the ground is real wet ( we get a lot of rain here) the detector can't see the mineralizes so it will stay on 90 and when it dries up the GB when fast grab will find the right no.. And on the Freq. I just heard that the higher no. would give more depth so I use it sometimes. I think the gain can make the difference in depth. It sometimes is hard to tell on the freq. , so far haven't see much difference there.
I re-read the origonal post...........
March 18, 2008 12:43PM
and saw where it instructed the user to Gb in static AM...and then switch over to motion AM. (I may have misread it...but thats what I got from it). the manual clearly states on page 13 (old manual) that Gbing in static isnt accurate, and they recommend Gbing in motion AM. I'm assuming they know more than me..so have to take their word for it. Also, I'm not sure again why one might have to manually Gb in AM.when the fast grab does just fine, UNLESS one needs to dial a bit more positive Gb in (override the Fast grab settings) due to specific ground conditions. ( I guess like in Tinfoils beach conditions)
If the fast grab didnt work well in Motion AM, it would be a nightmare to try to keep the machine GB'd properly when hunting a site where the ground drifted a lot. (like a lot of the bad soils in VA). I've hunted areas there where you had to Gb every 10 feet. that should be a snap with the fast grab......but if I had to scroll to do it manually every 10 feet, it would become tedious VERY quick!
Another thing that bothers me a bit......is I always understood that wet soil will allow you to see the minerals (and targets) BETTER than dry soil.Every machine I've ever used tends to overload more..and be more sensitive to the ground and targets in wet soil. As far as I know..there is essentially no difference between the soil and a target as far as the detector is concerned. It sees both as a potential target..........and thats why we need ground cancelling circutry in the first place. Everything else being equal, moisture should enhance the response of the minerals, not diminish it.
Its actually been my experience with the F75 though, (no I'm gonna contradict myself smiling smiley ) is that better than any machine I've ever used...it seems to not particularly care how wet or dry the soil is, in terms of target recoveries. (In MY soil conditions at least)

Case in point: I hunt colonial sites.......which largely consist of big big fields. Early last summer.....it was dry dry dry. (you could dig down a foot and it would still be powder dry) I still, despite the dryness, dug many many targets far deeper than I would have expected.(or had with any other machine in the past in these conditions) I really hit this one area hard......to the point where there were scarcely any more targets to be had, recovering colonial coppers, half cents, buckles, buttons and other Colonial era targets (Even ferrous targets). I even dug half of a very small masonic cuff link at an honest 11 inches. Later in the season...we got lots of rain....and I went back to the site fully expecting it to turn back on due to the increased moisture in the soil. It didnt. Seems the 75 did a real good job even when it was powder dry out.....something none of my previous detectors had never been able to accomplish. The 75 has revitalized many many of my older sites..and I've developed a LOT of confidance in it as a result.
Streak!
March 18, 2008 08:35PM
Will I may have a problem with my f75 and the GB, I can't get it off of 90 on the GB with fast grab. Called Fisher and know will see what they say???? The detector is steal working and getting coins , will I'll see what they say??
try this John.....................
March 18, 2008 09:13PM
I've had that happen once or twice.and it had nothing to do with the ground (dirt). It may be a poor coil connection. Make sure that machine is off..........disconnect the coil wire at the control box... (it will likely come off HARD)
After you get it off,apply a DAB (just a bit) of a good dielectric compound (like Sil- Glide by Napa. Plug and unplug the connector a few times, and then securely tighten the knurled lock nut. Try it then. I dont know much about the coil wiring in the 75,,,,,,,but I do know if that nut isnt 100% tight...........the machine can act exactly like you describe!!
Its done it to me a few times..and the coil wire was the culpret every time....
Re: try this John.....................
March 18, 2008 10:17PM
Will Thanks for the INFO , but called Fisher and sending it in to get the GB off 0f 90 and the up grade. It use to change , but for the last 2 mo. it has not, so we will see. I have tried every thing rebooting it and changing the frequency ( fisher told me to do that). But it has been finding a lot of coins.
March 19, 2008 01:31AM
Streak good Info thanks..Question when you relic hunt which option do you like to use..Disc or all metal for the Deeper targets.I am getting a good 24" air testing my 4" wide small shovel in all metal stat..I put my part platnum wedding ring in the ground at the same time and only get 5" depth feo .03 with sense 99 and GB 70..swaped over to Disc fast grabbed at 70..Sounds like you believe in the fast grab which is great..I have a site full of Iron and I will fast grab every 8' to 10' thats pulling the pin point checking for metal first..What is your best in ground depth program..i am hunting old farm land and..possible civil war and Wagon relics ..and I'm wanting to dig as deep as possible might find slave tags and cannon balls..minnie balls. thanks james..I live near Charlotte nc..Red Clay/to Dark clay soil conditions..feo 0.03-0.3 usually..
March 19, 2008 01:53AM
Short on time!!!!.... short, partial answers;

* With GB remaining on '90'..... if the ground is very low minerals (like Florida)... the GB will always remain on '90'..... unless MANUALLY adjusted to something different. Switch to All Metal and pump the coil to see IF Ground Balance is necessary. You may find out that it may not be 'reactive' to your specific type of dirt.

* Only under EXTENUATING circumstances..... like severe high-toning on iron.... do I recommend a forced manual GB setting of about '35' or '30' (sometimes even lower if necessary).

* Proper GB in bad ground gives greater "correct ID" depth....... even though it may do strange things with 'overall' depth.

Outta time!

Tom
March 19, 2008 11:28AM
Thanks Tom sorry your short on time, on my f75 when I would manual GB in motion mode when I pumped the coil the sound would sound like you were pushing in to the ground. The book said to raze the no. , I tried all the way up and did nothing , no change. Tried both coils , the same. So I called fisher , Mike told me to change the frequency , that didn't work and he never called me back, so I called them and sent it in for a upgrade and the they can look at the GB and if need to be fixed they can. And tell I get it back I'll hunt with the very good CZ 5 and cz 20, can go rong there.
March 20, 2008 12:38AM
John:

I'm thinking that if the sound gets louder as you lower the coil (pushing it into the ground), you needed to lower the GB number. When I manual ground balance, there's only a small area where the pushing or pulling of sound goes away. Sometimes just before reaching this sweet spot,the sound gets a little faint, so you have to listen carefully to make sure you are right on it.

Ron
March 20, 2008 04:54AM
This is some good learning, Great post.....
March 20, 2008 11:21AM
jackalope Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John:
>
> I'm thinking that if the sound gets louder as you
> lower the coil (pushing it into the ground), you
> needed to lower the GB number. When I manual
> ground balance, there's only a small area where
> the pushing or pulling of sound goes away.
> Sometimes just before reaching this sweet spot,the
> sound gets a little faint, so you have to listen
> carefully to make sure you are right on it.
>
> Ron You are right, 1= sound is louder when raise coil, increase it 2= sound is louder lower coil, reduce no. . I tried both ways not good, didn't change. All so when I did no. 2 ( reduce no.) the sound would go away about 50, it would be no sound at all. It just started this. Will may be Fisher will fix it.
March 20, 2008 04:46PM
You are right, but mine was not doing that, I was start at 90 in all metal , motion mode, then manual GB , the sound would start fading away and when it dot to about 50 it would be no more sound no mate how low you went. And from 90 to 50 no change. It was no sweet spot .
March 20, 2008 09:46PM
Hmmmmm...... Am I missing something? If .... when you are 'pumping' the coil whilst adjusting the Grnd Bal,,, and the audio goes away (nulls) with a Ground Balance setting of '50'; Sounds like you are properly Ground Balanced. This is what you are trying to achieve. You should also achieve the same results by performing 'FastGrab'.

Tom
March 20, 2008 11:54PM
Tom I was going to ask ..In finding a good manual GB the audio will get silent..Thats how I took it in your Video when you did the manual GB..When you pull up or push down at the mid point when its silent is considered the best GB..I am still practicing this method..watching your vid has help me..It always seems that when I manual GB after a fast grab in the same spot the Manual GB to get it nulled is always lower than the fast grab number..hummm any reason..???.thanks james
March 21, 2008 01:58AM
Make sure your coil is in the EXACT same spot...... when comparing manual vs. FastGrab Gnd Bal.

Tom
March 21, 2008 01:09PM
Well Tom , In the fast grab the detector will stay on 90 and never go to any other number, And in manual the sound is loud at 90 and then gets to 50 the sound will go away. In the book it saids the goal is the eliminate the sound as the coil is being pumped over the ground , page 11. If it was GB at 50 when sound goes away why is the fast grab staying at 90??
March 21, 2008 09:01PM
O.K. ........ Understand. Sounds like a fault....and needs some bench-work at the factory.
March 21, 2008 09:08PM
John You have already worn the New F75 out..Finding all that silver!!!!
I hope they get it going for you sounds like from other forums FT is on the Ball with there service and Upgrades..keep us posted..
March 21, 2008 09:26PM
No James I didn't it out , ha ha. Thanks for all the help everyone. And I'll let yal know when it come back and IF they fixed it and how the up grade turns out.
March 27, 2008 04:41PM
i have tried tinfoils program several times and made adjustments to it here and there.

i am new here, so hi to everyone, i will make more comments regarding this beach work as we get more into the summer............after i know more

i am really new to fisher and this F75 now