Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

As a Nokta Core owner, why would I need a Deus....

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
As a Nokta Core owner, why would I need a Deus....
April 10, 2015 03:47AM
I'm trying not to get one. Money is not an issue....

Please help me say no.
Re: As a Nokta Core owner, why would I need a Deus....
April 10, 2015 05:20AM
You really don't. But I like the weightlessness of the Deus...the wireless setup...the ability to update when they come out...and all the changes you can make to it's programs. It may not be a depth demon...but the CoRe ain't either. With the exception of extreme depth...the Deus is very very versatile.

Charles
April 10, 2015 05:23AM
Wayne's got a great deal on his Deus, purchase a used Deus and compare the Nokta Core with the Deus.

Then, keep one that best fits your detecting needs and sell the other. Between the two, the Deus works extremely well for me in my area.

Good luck,
Paul
April 10, 2015 05:28AM
If you hunt any trashy sites that call for a small coil, you will be using the Racer with it's small coil. The Dues does not have one. For me that was the single biggest issue.

On the plus side the Deus does have a transferrable warranty if you get a used one (like the Nokta and Makro). If you get a new Deus it also makes it easier to sell. I wish I could buy a Fisher F19 or F75LTD2 used but without a transferrable warranty I think they should even more devalued than what is typically asked for. Same with buying a new Fisher, it is then harder to re-sell and would probably lose more money in the deal in the event I don't want to keep it.

Edit to add paragraph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 05:36AM by TabWhisperer.
April 10, 2015 06:47AM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please help me say no.

I will try.

You will have to dig every modern aluminum piece of junk in trashy areas. Targets that you are (probably) able to avoid using a Nokta Core.

This machine doesn't feel "right" (at least for me), if the reactivity is set to "<3". Everything below is causing a kind of "lag". If you sweep (relatively) "slow" over 2 targets to identify the exact position, you will notice a big disadvantage with reactivity below "3". You will also lose useful audio information about the size of an object (a tiny piece of metal doesn't sound like it anymore - in my opinion). With the right setting (reactivity at) "3" you will lose depth on the other hand. You will lose depth with the right ground balance too.

The Deus is light, but the balance is aweful (the whole weight sits in the coil). You can swing it all day long without problems, but you will always notice discomfort, changing the direction of a sweep (it also depends on the height of your body and the sweep speed). Best example is hunting in snow. A little bit of ice will unveil the problem of this construction.

There is also something about different frequencies. It can be usefull to have them, but if you are hunting in problematic areas, you could face huge EMI problems (especially) with lower frequencies.
My motto is: If the Deus stays quiet for more than 3 seconds, the battery is probably empty...

The battery. It happened to me twice. Forgetting to charge it and driving to a remote location is for sure not a pleasant experience.

Hope I could help.
April 10, 2015 12:27PM
You should make up your own mind rather that listen to all this stuff. What other people find good or bad may not mean anything for you and the places you hunt. You need to see a dealer or friend that will let you try different machines then make up your mind.
April 10, 2015 01:05PM
To each their own but I would not trade my Deus for three Cores and be without the Deus. It takes a bit more time to master the Deus and is much more versatile than the Core with mostly presets. The Deus is a breeze to swing for hours without fatigue while the Core not so much with stock coil and the Core grip angle is off in my opinion after having swung many machines over the last 40 plus years .

Best to try a Deus for your self and if funds are not a factor by all means shop around for a good deal and if you do not like it will easy to recover most of the costs.
April 10, 2015 01:45PM
Detectorist, buy Wayne's Deus set up (it's a smoking deal to begin with) and then let me know what you think, as I'm on the fence as well. Although my situation is reversed. I have a Deus and considering the Core for the versatility of multiple coils. For me, money is an issue, lol! And I need to purchase a water machine within the next month or two....
April 10, 2015 03:09PM
no wireless headphones so not for me ,WS5s rule
April 10, 2015 03:40PM
For those that don't understand the Deus I can see why they passed on it or sold it....For those like me that took to it like a duck to water it is a kick ass machine that can be programed to really help in different types of dirt...this machine took me the longest to understand about six weeks but once I learned it I fell in love...Yeah if you are a park hunter with lots of trash then you would want a racer and that is why I got one...if your a relic hunter and hunt in iron or not the deus is hard to beat...And like me I use the racer after I hunt in iron and take out the small coil and see what else I can find...Updates that are important and make the machine each time a better machine...Super light, wireless the deus and the racer are a one two pounch for my hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 10, 2015 06:23PM
Where and what type sites do you hunt?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 10, 2015 07:08PM
Everything. Except water hunting. Relics, parks for coins........

I had an early Deus before everybody had one. I never felt that I learned it and too few people knew how to use it....... I loved the wireless and the lightness...

Keith Southern Wrote:
> Where and what type sites do you hunt?
>
> Keith
April 10, 2015 09:03PM
Weel I still feel the DEUS is the ebst at one thing...Unlocking iron sites...

the Visual I.D. is lacking...but in iron the audio us everything...

I feel the DEUS is the apex unit for iron work...theres others close and or equal for unmasking..the DTVG or GMP can do as well or very very very close...

So if you need to unlock iron on worls class level using a 9 inchc oil to get depth and still separation then the DEUS is top of the heap..

the CoRe yuo have is also very very good in iron and will see certain targhets the DEUS can not becuase of coil availability...

The small coil CoRe or Racer has that segmented sewn up....

A stcl coil racer Vs a stock coil DEUS is not quite as sleuthy in iron in my opinion...but its no slouch either for coil size...

if it were me and I had a CoRe with small coil alread..and if not get one...I would probably be mroe inclined to add a machine like a CTX to the mix if money is not an issue..

if I just lived in iron then a DEUS and a CoRe compliment each other...but if you have other areas the CoRe is better than a DEUS in terms of I.D. and such ..

The DEUS has one strong point as already mentioned above all others

The Racer/CoRe has one strong point as alredy mentioned above all others

The Racer /CoRe has more strong poitns in terms of a more all arounder above a DEUS..

Racer/CoRe does alot well and one thing exceptional..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 12, 2015 01:48AM
So Keith - would an Etrac come a close second to CTX as part of a two detector combo or is it the CTX all the way? So if the Deus could get its Target ID nailed down would that move it to the top or is it still lacking in ways that keep the CTX on top. I know you are really enjoying the Racer. Seems like you need a Silver magnet with some good depth to complement it - my guess why you recommend the CTX.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> Weel I still feel the DEUS is the ebst at one
> thing...Unlocking iron sites...
>
> the Visual I.D. is lacking...but in iron the audio
> us everything...
>
> I feel the DEUS is the apex unit for iron
> work...theres others close and or equal for
> unmasking..the DTVG or GMP can do as well or very
> very very close...
>
> So if you need to unlock iron on worls class level
> using a 9 inchc oil to get depth and still
> separation then the DEUS is top of the heap..
>
>
> the CoRe yuo have is also very very good in iron
> and will see certain targhets the DEUS can not
> becuase of coil availability...
>
> The small coil CoRe or Racer has that segmented
> sewn up....
>
> A stcl coil racer Vs a stock coil DEUS is not
> quite as sleuthy in iron in my opinion...but its
> no slouch either for coil size...
>
>
> if it were me and I had a CoRe with small coil
> alread..and if not get one...I would probably be
> mroe inclined to add a machine like a CTX to the
> mix if money is not an issue..
>
>
> if I just lived in iron then a DEUS and a CoRe
> compliment each other...but if you have other
> areas the CoRe is better than a DEUS in terms of
> I.D. and such ..
>
> The DEUS has one strong point as already
> mentioned above all others
>
> The Racer/CoRe has one strong point as alredy
> mentioned above all others
>
> The Racer /CoRe has more strong poitns in terms of
> a more all arounder above a DEUS..
>
> Racer/CoRe does alot well and one thing
> exceptional..
>
>
>
>
>
> Keith

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
April 12, 2015 02:36AM
Bryanna,
IMO CTX has 3 advantages over etrac. Combined mode, Moveable Tone breaks and processor speed. One could run say 6x8 sef coil with etrac to help with separation, but this doesn't make up for the combined mode and moveable tone breaks the CTX possesses. Some folks also say the CTX has a slightly better TID on the deeper stuff.