Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro (Ms. Dilek) is a class act

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Makro (Ms. Dilek) is a class act
April 14, 2015 03:40AM
A few days ago I took a pretty good fall while trying to jump a branch that was a few inches to wide for my 52 yr old body. I slammed to the ground with my Racer in my right hand. The coil to a blow hard enough to have cracked it.....though it didn't. Anyway, I called Ms Dilek and told her the truth and offered my Credit Card number because the Mass. distr. always seems to be out of stuff. Anyway, Ms. Dilek shipped my coil on April 8th (my birthday......hint hint) and it arrived on April 10th!!!!!!! No exaggeration. I just wanted to give a shout out to Ms. Dilek and the Makro brand for being so kind and accommodating. Anyway, thank you Ms Dilek!!!!!!
The Racer is growing on me. I usually find two or three relics on my outings. Sometimes more. Sometimes less......depending on where I am hunting. It's just a good all rounder. For a do-able price. With the 5 inch coil installed.......it becomes a bit more. JMO kevin
Re: Makro (Ms. Dilek) is a class act
April 14, 2015 03:53AM
Isnt it great to see Makro's after sale service doing what we were told it would?

Perhaps now, it might just put those hysterical hypsters to rest who were crying on about having to deal with Makro direct for warranty issues -

Personally I think everyone at Makro who have been involved in the Design/Launch/Servicing of the Racer need to take a bow as we have NOT experienced a complete professional approach to a product as what Makro has shown during the last few weeks - Well done guys
April 14, 2015 03:54AM
Kevin,
I agree, she (they) seem to be serious as well as caring minded. I also believe the distributor is very busy and I'll bet inventories are being gobbled up as I write this. As the Racer along with its accessories/coils start feeling less demand things will improve. How long will this take??
I think it will be a while longer. Additional folks it seems are thinking and in fact purchasing new units. I'm not going to complain though. The detector is very good for the $$$.
April 14, 2015 09:35AM
"Hah!"

Kevin, you'd better be more careful next time but...on my very first relic hunt with the 'Racer', I too took a fall but all that happened was the coil folded [back] on the shaft and was facing UP
Story is, I was working my way up a path and saw some 'large trees' lining an old New Hampshire like stone wall and said to myself, 'nice place to put a cache'...
A wire fence at about waist height impeded my ingress into the trees so I stooped to go under and all the while gripping my 'Racer' and whatever happened I fell right back on my back and fortunately a large stone that had fallen from the wall was behind me and while I was losing my balance that was the only thought I had, I was going to bash my head off the boulder! But gladly, I had the 'Makro' backpack on my back with a lot of "stuff" in and that kept me up and I avoided the boulder!!
When I used test on a daily basis a stumble or two was a weekly occurrence...

Be careful out there!

Des D
April 14, 2015 10:26AM
So Kevin was the coil damaged?
April 14, 2015 10:44AM
Well what was the charge? Or are you sending your old coil back? You kinda lost me there!
April 14, 2015 02:48PM
Oh, sorry guys. I thought that I had finished my thought .....but hadn't written it. Coil started falsing and would not ground balance. (But it found a fairly deep bullet, as I wasn't finished hunting). There were times it would not ground balance on iron-free ground. Weird. I emailed Ms Dilek. She told me that she was thankful that I was truthful with her (because it violated warrantly) (please read warranty) and sent me a new coil for free. There, that ought to fill in any blanks.
April 14, 2015 02:54PM
Yes 2 days shipping from Turkey to your front door seems to be the Norm...

Cant complain about that...

Cant get a product here shipped to you in a week LOL..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 14, 2015 03:36PM
I use to jump a lot till I saw a friend wrench his ankle and we had to carry him to the car now if I can't cross the creek or get to the other side then I find a new place..great to hear she took care of you. They have to work hard to make their company move forward..it seems the way they are going they will move up in the ranks quickly

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2015 02:24AM by Lawrenzo.
April 14, 2015 06:48PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2015 07:03PM by Etsija82.
April 14, 2015 10:59PM
Nice that she took care of you.

I'm still waiting for my replacement coil, they shipped it from Turkey....but it'll get here eventually smiling smiley