Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

small racer coil question

Posted by iskirkra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
small racer coil question
April 24, 2015 12:02AM
I have a question about my small coil on the racer. I noticed the coil cover would not fit flat but fits cock-eyed. I took the cover off and one side of the guts of the coil extend out past the plastic housing. Maybe this is normal but not sure. Has anyone else noticed this or maybe it is just this coil. Thanks, Randy

Re: small racer coil question
April 24, 2015 12:13AM
That sounds and looks like a quality control manufacturing error.
As pro-active as Makro has been , I wouldn't be surprised to see a response here on the forum shortly---we will see..........
April 24, 2015 12:20AM
Look's like they poured it a little thick on one side or the coil was leaning.. is it shallow on the other side of the coil....180 degrees around the other side on bottom that is..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 24, 2015 12:22AM
I will go on record and state again that the customer service from the Nokta/Makro is second to none. Don't worry about a thing.
April 24, 2015 12:25AM
Keith,
Yes it is flat or shallow on the opposite side, kind of recessed.
April 24, 2015 12:29AM
It was probably slightly leaning ....probably shortly after congeling started..

Probabbly not a biggie...but I too am OCD about detectors...

contact customer service see what they say..probably nothing to it ...But it's your money and you should get a PROPER built coil in my opinion..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 24, 2015 12:34AM
It's one of those things that will always be in the back of your mind - a doubt. I sent customer service an email.

Thanks, Randy
April 24, 2015 12:36AM
My small coil is exactly the same way. I didn't know if that was the norm or not for the small coil, so I have just been living with it that way.
April 24, 2015 01:01AM
Mine is same but felt I just didn't align cover perfectly.
April 24, 2015 01:14AM
I checked mine and its sort of out of flush too...

So maybe thats the way they come off the line???

I know my coil works perfect so no worries...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 24, 2015 01:20AM
I bet it is ok, but I will let let everyone know what they say.

Randy
April 24, 2015 01:30AM
Hi,,,,I can't tell from the dark photo and side view if this is epoxy filled or what.....A bottom view would be nice....JJ
April 24, 2015 01:59AM
here is a picture of the bottom.

April 24, 2015 02:19AM
ThAt's the built in spoiler