Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

whites mxt?

Posted by docbars 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
whites mxt?
July 04, 2010 10:09PM
Hello all,new here.
I'am in the the market for a new unit. I have been using a cz5 for 10 yrs now,I coin hunt 90% of the time. my soil is modrate to highly hot.I hunt old towns, homesites,and fairgrounds ect.The units I have narrowed down to are f75 f70 f5 &mxt300. Has anyone used the mxt against any of these fishers? Just curious with the depth,target seperation ect..
Thanks
Re: whites mxt?
July 04, 2010 10:31PM
Don't forget the LTD and in Calif the MXT really was a pain to hunt with. Didn't like it from top to bottom. The LTD is a great machine about as good as it gets for now. The F5 is a good unit but I will only use a the 8000 as my backup to the LTD.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
I'll be perfectly honest with you
July 04, 2010 11:04PM
the MXT is a great machine but the depth is not on par with the F-75. I have an MXT and a T-2 and the t-2 is deeper and I have had a f-75 and its deeper than the MXT I am in bad N.GA red clay type dirt.

Keith
Re: I'll be perfectly honest with you
July 05, 2010 12:16AM
I forget the MXT is on par with all of the Whites I owned no depth in Calif the LTD and even 8000 does really great in my dirt can hit nine inches on a dime...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

July 05, 2010 02:10AM
Thanks for the replies guys
Th mxt was at the bottom of my list.

Lowboy Is the 8000 a hotter detector than the f5 ? been reading some good things on both,but haven't found any head to head info
July 05, 2010 04:15AM
hey there guys..
-the Whites MXT is one underrated beast, but for the folks that master it it`s more of a wolf in sheeps clothing.
I feel the trick to get the most from the machine is to use DD coils instead of the standard concentrics.
Here in Norway and in my type of ground the Eclipse shooter coil stays on most of the time and with great success,
only once in a while I switch to the superlite J.S. Hot Foot to get better ground covering.
just my tip for the day
trond

ps.take time and read through this link....
[whiteselectronics.com].

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 03:27AM by trond.
Jeb
July 05, 2010 08:30AM
I also use an MXT with a 12x10 SEF DD coil on it. No problems with getting good depth with it.
July 05, 2010 11:57AM
The MXT is a exceptionally good unit. Very quiet in iron infested sites. "Reasonable" depth. BUT..........does not compare to F75. The F75 (especially the LTD) is much faster, deeper, better adjacent target separation..... and a bit better with bad dirt. If your dirt is quite severe with mineralization........I would recommend the Minelab Explorer. If not.......then F75 LTD. It has similarites to CZ series.....and you'll understand its tones.
July 05, 2010 03:31PM
Way hotter better EMI deep here is a video.

[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 06, 2010 12:28AM
Question: Is the new F-75 "Special Edition" the same as the LTD? Just saw the ad in Lost Treasure magazine but it doesn't really say. Thanks!
July 06, 2010 01:08AM
I am sure they are the same!

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 06, 2010 09:12PM
Yes.
July 12, 2010 10:14PM
Thanks for the help, I went ahead bought a f75. I have about 6 hrs. on it now,she's a talker but i'am impressed a little,found 2 mercs in bad soil within a couple of inches of each other. This place is an old coal mine area made into a park.My grandads whites and tesoros would never work real well. I have hunted it pretty hard with the cz and found a boat load of silver ,thought i had her cleaned but i guess not.
This soil has a lot of iron and nails ect, in so ther is a lot of masking going on. My cz has probably missd more then i think.
I know I have a ton to learn with the f75 so i will be pestering you folks for a good while lol.
DocBars
July 13, 2010 01:31AM
There are a few 'key' threads on this forum that should be of help. If you can tolerate the EMI chatter of the F75.....you will eventually become stunned at its communication level.