Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD cache and boost mode

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD cache and boost mode
July 09, 2010 11:31PM
Looking for actual experience with these two modes.
Cache mode, is it less affected by small pieces of metal or does masking play a major role in depth detection of pint size metal objects?
Has anyone found a cache of any kind using the cache mode?
Comments welcome
Re: F75 LTD cache and boost mode
July 10, 2010 02:00AM
Mark,

I'm still on a learning-curve with the cache mode. There are very limited places (in my type of hunting) for its practical application. It is a VERY slow-to-respond mode, is exceptionally deep (the deepest mode.....in sans trash areas).......is the MOST susceptible mode to masking....and is designed for 'clear/clean' areas. It is also the most sensitive mode to VERY tiny targets (almost micro-targets).......yes, this sounds 'contrary' to its design intent.
July 12, 2010 12:01PM
I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is "sans trash areas"?
July 12, 2010 12:11PM
A no-trash area (--SANS means without--)

Frank L
July 12, 2010 02:38PM
SANS = Sanitary
July 12, 2010 03:23PM
No trash as in man made trash...I have hunted a few places where we got no signels but I think we were being masekd by tiny bits of iron.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 13, 2010 01:19AM
It's worse than you could ever imagine......and.......'unsuspectingly'. Especially around old home sites.