Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EMI and Battery oddity on my G2

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EMI and Battery oddity on my G2
May 04, 2015 03:39AM
I know everyone is on the racer, etc...but I have a feeling my G2 will be my primary till it gives up the ghost, hopefully not soon. I have the 5, 11, and ultimate for it, and today took the time to confirm an EMI oddity.

I had the 11" on and I had about a bit less than an hour, so went to a spot a stone's throw from my house that has really high EMI on one end of the property which I have hunted hard for 2 years.

When I get within about 100 feet of the bad EMI street, I can run sensitivity on the 11" stock coin at about 60 without the emi making the IDs and chatter go all over the place and wreck any shot at hunting. The closer I get to the street, it gets worse, until 10 feet away from the street, it just basically reports nothing. That was with a battery at 2 bars out of 3 on charge. Then I walked to low EMI range, and changed to a completely fresh battery. Walked right up to the street, and EMI was quite manageable, and I even turned the sensitivity up to 75.

Walked back to the truck, but the 13 ultimate on, and the old battery back in. EMI was back to its normal bad, and I had to put sensitivity down to about 40 within 100 feet of the road, and it was worthless within 50 feet or so. Went back out of range, replaced with the new battery, and was able to walk right up to the road with sensitivity at 60 and hunt.

I know I have read many times that batteries should not affect machine performance until they are almost dead, but there it is. All batteries are Energizers.

Any other G2 owners experience anything similar?