Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Happy With My Choice

Posted by FollowTheBeep 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Happy With My Choice
May 07, 2015 08:33PM
I finally pulled the trigger and updated all of my equipment! Thank you to everyone that gave input both on this forum and through PM's. I ended up going with the Racer, a Propointer AT, Killer Bee Wasp headphones and a Lesche digger. Overall, I'm happy with my choices and spent three hours this morning getting to know the tools. I dug far less trash than I do with the ACE 250 and found a large 10.8g, tiger eye, silver ring!

I'm looking forward to learning how to interpret all that the Racer is telling me. It's data overload compared to the ACE. Lovin it!!!

HH
Re: Happy With My Choice
May 08, 2015 03:21AM
Good luck and yes its alot more info audibly and visually compared to the ACE..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 08, 2015 06:26PM
Day two: I only was able to get out for about an hour and what I discovered is that I'm having a hard time deciphering a good shallow target from a deep can. I am digging much deeper holes even in 3 tone with the gain low. With that being said, I also found a war nickel which to me is a great find. It's only my third silver coin in over four years.

I also started playing around with the other modes and it's like having multiple machines in one unit. Having the ability to quickly switch modes has helped in determining what is really under the coil.

Other detectors may have been just as suitable for me but I think this Racer will afford me greater opportunities to learn the many nuances of advanced detecting than the AT Pro would have.
May 08, 2015 07:25PM
It is always fun to get a new machine in your hands and have some success with it. Even better if you find that it just suits you right. Enjoy the learning experience and congratulations.
May 09, 2015 12:46PM
the key thing is you like it, now go out and dig something and have fun