Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F5 TRADE

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F5 TRADE
July 13, 2010 07:58PM
Hi ALL, I have a Qustion, Woud anyone of you trade a CZ7A for a NEW F5? If not why? What is the biggest pro or con? Thanks Flintstone
Re: F5 TRADE
July 13, 2010 08:30PM
Hmmm...that's a tough call....I really liked my F5, BUT didn't find it to be a depth demon like the CZ is. If you don't need ultimate depth, then it may be an OK deal. The F5 is a LOT lighter, great TID, has the BEST user interface I've ever had the pleasure of using on any detector, and it's fast. A couple of cons against it, the nickle and pull tab range are ultimately merged together....what I mean by that is the F5 has a tough time telling the difference between the two so they interchangeably come into but target segments, and it's a vast segment once merged (not sure why the made it so large?). Aside from that, the only other issues I had is that it did have a bit of an affinity for deep iron (which can be mitigated by using other data on the display to some extent) and the surface blanking was a PITA IMHO. You can use a DD or round or elliptical concentric on the F5, whereas only round concentrics exist on the CZ line. CZ is better for salt water beach hunting.

Pro's and cons for each unit, ultimately it probably depends on what kind of hunting you do and if ultimate depth is a requirement.

Brian
July 14, 2010 01:52AM
Thanks Brian, I have not had the CZ7a long, and i don,t do water hunting. I do like a detector that gose deep. I have read the F5 is a nice detector.How dose it pinpoint? Dose it do good on IDs? The CZ is hard to under stand sometimes. Any help will be nice. Thanks Dean
July 14, 2010 03:53AM
look at the omega 8000 I had the CZ bad in iron heavy can't really push it but it was deep but slow. I would never get another one I love the 8000 and the LTD

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!